The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Certain stories in the news lately have been really, deeply, horrific. Help me out here, people, fill up the Nice Happy thread or something so I don't think mankind is completely doomed.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7009723603

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jc9E7RRBYrk0zhFlkZfLra35mVhAD8U6GE1G3

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080117/BREAKING/80117001/1314

Thank you, GOD, for NOT giving me the power to smite these bastards and send them straight to you for judgement. I would probably NOT be able to properly restrain my use of such power. :mad:

I will try to take comfort in the certainty of your judgement.

God have mercy on the victims and their families, may he bring them peace.

:weep:

Ugh.

First, the cold. I freakin' hate the cold. I hate living in a house with gas heat in the cold. I hate working at a job where you have less demand, and thus fewer hours, in the winter, when my bills spike because I have a high gas bill.

Second, after, oh, two decades, I'm finally being forced to get some dental work done. I have some pretty horrible gum disease (apparently the source of that fungal gunk I had on my tongue a couple of times in the last year, for those who remember that thread). The first part of the procedure was getting molds made of my teeth.

My teeth are very sensitive, and the crap they use to make the cast with is COLD. In addition, the dimensions of my mouth are apparently rather small compared to the positioning of my teeth, meaning that it was difficult to get the thing into my mouth quickly ... and it wasn't big enough to actually get *all* my teeth in the mold.

This, of course, is the most expensive part of the procedure, and of course, is the part not covered by my wife's insurance.

One of my brother's cats got poisoned by the bad pet food last year, which knocked his kidneys down to somewhere between 5 and 20 percent capacity. My bro has been having to give him subq fluids daily ever since. I got an e-mail from him last week while I was in Mexico letting me know that he had to put the cat down last Thursday.

The @#$%! of it is that he didn't know about the problems with the pet food until I let him know. He checked and one of the foods that he used as a treat for one of his cats was on the list. The cat wasn't having any problems, but just to be safe he did some checking and the switched to a different one that wasn't on the list. A couple of days later that one was put on the list two, and the cat was near death.

The whole thing makes me want to take the people responsible for putting the poison in the food to begin with and feed it to them. :mad:

My pick-up has a slow water leak into the passenger compartment, I suspect around the old CB antenna mount on the cab roof. When it rains hard here, there's lots of dampness in the truck. And after that, if it gets cold ... well, let's just say it's more difficult to de-ice the inside of your windshield than the outside. Most scrapers come with a mild concave curvature that doesn't work well in the inner, concave surface.

The whole thing makes me want to take the people responsible for putting the poison in the food to begin with and feed it to them. :mad:

The guys who sold fake baby formula in China, resulting in the death by starvation of a couple dozen infants, are really high on my list of people to kill. But the poisoned pet food folks are on there too.

The guys who sold fake baby formula in China' date=' resulting in the [i']death by starvation[/i] of a couple dozen infants, are really high on my list of people to kill. But the poisoned pet food folks are on there too.

That has happened in central America and Africa also.

:mad:

I hear you' date=' brother. We were lucky that the food we give our cats wasn't affected, but I know people who were. Makes me mad as hell, even months later. :mad:[/quote']

I'm sorry Archermoo.

The whole thing pisses me off as well. I was lucky as well, but knew many.

There are a lot of sucky people out there. We're trying to capture a cat that was dumped at the sanctuary. I saw it last night at midnight, but it's not being cooperative with our traps. Just hoping we get him before the coyotes do.

And if I find the people responsible, I'd like to drive them out into the desert, drop them off naked, and drive off.

No' date=' my wife's right here (and besides, I can talk if I did need to call someone). I'm okay, just really felt the urge to whine about how much that hurt. Still stings somewhat, but I'm pretty sure it's just abrasion of the throat lining.[/quote']

We're glad you're going to make it but, on the off chance you don't, can we have your stuff?

We're glad you're going to make it but' date=' on the off chance you don't, can we have your stuff?[/quote']

Sure. Who wants my D&D books?

Oh yeah, new crankly. Main circuit board in my furnace blew Monday. Gotta order a new one, gonna be at least Friday, probably later, before it comes in. Wind chill tonight? 20 below.