The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Okay, this isn't rocket science, but then I haven't noticed that you guys at Coke hire rocket scientists.

If a product line doesn't sell, stop making it. I haven't noticed that you have any problem with this. So WTH is it with Dasani Fridgemates?

No-one wants them. It's not that you're not promoting them enough. They're inconvenient, look cheap, and the bottle size is too small. So why are you leaning on your reps to get more of them into the stores? Not to put too fine a point on this, but why is there a ton of them in my backroom today?

You have the numbers. You know they won't sell. You know that you'll eventually have to pay to take them back. Do your stockholders like it when you waste their money? Do they look at their portfolios and say, "Oh, good. Atlanta has thrown some of my hard-earned dollars away today, let's send them more!"

I'm angry every day. I'm a hothead by nature' date=' but I've been losing my temper very easily lately, more so than usual. Anything can set me off, even reading a post online (in another discussion board, btw).[/quote']

Good luck with that. Have you been getting enough sleep?

I had a day a week or so ago where I was so "Cranky" I was not certain I should be at work at all...

I got a couple extra days off and slept a lot, so I feel better.

Water in my house is still messed up. The shower works fine now, but we only have low pressure in the kitchen, cold water to the washer, and nothing whatsoever to the bathroom sink. Still, we can function, though doing dishes takes forever.

Work has sucked horribly, to the point where I was incapable of running my game this week. Today was especially bad. I've often heard that love makes you stupid ... if that's the case, there was a metric f***ton of LOVE in this town today. And on a holiday, my wife's workplace was scheduled so shorthanded that she was the only floor associate in a Hasting's. She and the other workers have taken to carrying comment cards with them, and when customers get ticked off that they can't get any help, they explain the scheduling situation and hand 'em a comment card.

I really hope that incompetent **** that runs that Hastings gets terminated with extreme prejudice. Then I hope she gets fired.

I'm so stressed out I'm getting hives. I'm going to start taking Tylenol PM again so I can sleep ... I can't stop my brain from churning when I lay down anymore.

Most of the real winners at Hastings seem to be weeded out by the assistant Manager's program... Locally. THere have been a few that were really frightening. There is a manager a few towns over that should not be in ANY position.

My Wife's boss is good. The assistant manager just gave up the position because someone decided it was a good idea to make them Salary and make them work 44 hours a week. She is a great gal, but between classes and two kids that was a problem.

Hastings Corporate offices seem to have some strange ideas about how to run a store...:idjit:

Ack. Frickin unreliable contractors. I swear the next project that needs to be done, it's going to be easier for me to go to contracting school, learn how to do construction, and do the frickin thing myself. How the heck have these people not killed themselves by hammering nails into their heads is beyond me!

All I can say is I am glad my doctor was able to back me up... the apartments wanted to fog-bomb everyones apartments for roaches... the last time I went into a room that had been bombed I broke out head-to-toe hives and had to go to the emergency room for a cortisone shot... thankfully my doctor sent a fax to the office attesting to that fact and I got to tell them where to get off.. I feel sorry for anyone who couldn't do that... honestly, I avoid broad-spectrum anything like that... seems like like using a shotgun to *heh* kill a bug...

At the mountain observatories in the Southwest, the miller moths come in the millions, maybe hundreds of millions, to the telescope domes. At times they bug-bomb the electronics rooms. Can't do that where the optics are, certainly, and they don't do it in the dorms.

Well, I've got someone hired to coordinate everything and since he knows most of the contractors in town, I am getting pretty good ones. However, pretty good in this town are sub-par compared to everywhere else I've been.

Weather hasn't been that kind either, but the coordinating guy has some personal things come up that may delay things, and I now have to call the sub-contractors.

And I'm with Cancer, electricity, no problem. Plumbing is a mystery to me. I had a plumber watch me do some stuff and make sure I was doing it right, we turned on the water and there was a leak. He does it the same way, no leak. Takes it apart, has me do it again. Leak.

Cement work is fun, just haven't done it in ages.

This wasn't triggerd by anything in particular, but I'm getting pretty tired of all LARPs being painted with the same brush as the new WoD LARPs. I started LARPing before any of the WoD games were printed. Not their LARP rules, but the main games. Granted I don't generally LARP anymore, but it is still annoying. Not all LARPs center around people dressed in black being morose and playing rock-paper-scissors. :mad:

GAAAAHHHH!!!!!! My favorite weekend all-year is NFL Draft weekend. A friend of mine and I get together, watch the draft, play video games, drink beer, and basically use it as an opportunity to pretend we're in college again. Just a weekend of stupid fun. Just realized that my wife's trip to Europe with her mother goes over that weekend. AAAAIIIGGGGHH!!

Would it be wrong to just drug the hell out of the kids for an entire weekend so I could goof off?