We Need More....CHAINSAWS!!!!

steriaca

Alright fokes.

How many bloodthirsty vigs do you know who use power tools as a weapion? Chainsaws? Headge Clippers? Wood Chipper? Nail Gun?

Will any of theas 'workmen' weapions be writen up for Dark Champions? Would you let Mr. Bloodthirsty Vig-Man to carrie around a battery operated chainsaw for free?

Yes, this is sick, but so am I.

Steriaca.

Re: We Need More....CHAINSAWS!!!!

The Chainsaw ..... all those happy memories that just came flooding back.

Damn.... I must be getting senile. All this talk about what we want in DC and it falls to someone else to bring up the Chainsaw.

It just HAS to be included.

The Gardner of Crime?

Its not working for me.

The Landscaper?

Nope.

The Logger?

Eh... goes along with the shoveler I guess.

The Forrester?

Next!

Massacre?

Could work, but sick enough to put him into the villian camp.

Hey, thanks for reminding me!

I was just whining the other day because I couldn't find a write-up for a chainsaw. How am I supposed to do a decent cyberpunk streetgang without at least one crazed psycho weilding a chainsaw?

Nailguns are good, too. And, on a bigger scale, a rivet gun!

Jackhammer...

Hmmm...

Your chainsaw, sir....

http://surbrook.devermore.net/doomedhero/doomhero.html

CHAINSAW: A typical medium-sized chainsaw. It will cut through wood, thin metal, thick brush, bone, demons...

Chainsaw: HKA 1d6+1, Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Continuous (+1), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (55 Active Points); Chainsaw Can Jam (i.e. Burnout; chance varies according to what is being cut through, normally it is a base 15- (-0), OAF (-1), No Knockback (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4). (total cost: 22 points) and Tunneling: 1" through 5 DEF material, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (25 Active Points); Chainsaw Can Jam (i.e. Burnout; chance varies according to what is being cut through, normally it is a base 15- (-0), OAF (-1) (total cost: 12 points). Total Cost: 34 points.

Thank you, Susano, for that writup.

Now, anyone for a sander? Nail gun? Power drill?

That also reminds me, some movie studio is going to release a remake of the bad 70's splater film The Toolbox Murders this fall. Just how many difrent weapions can a toolbox hold anyways? And woulden't the power coard get in the way? I guess, in a pinch, you could blugen your victom to death with the toolbox (or choak them with the power cords), but that dosen't realy make for good splater, does it?

Your chainsaw, sir....

CHAINSAW: A typical medium-sized chainsaw. It will cut through wood, thin metal, thick brush, bone, demons...

Chainsaw: HKA 1d6+1, Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Continuous (+1), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (55 Active Points); Chainsaw Can Jam (i.e. Burnout; chance varies according to what is being cut through, normally it is a base 15- (-0), OAF (-1), No Knockback (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4). (total cost: 22 points) and Tunneling: 1" through 5 DEF material, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (25 Active Points); Chainsaw Can Jam (i.e. Burnout; chance varies according to what is being cut through, normally it is a base 15- (-0), OAF (-1) (total cost: 12 points). Total Cost: 34 points.

I don't know if I would require continous or not...

Nice. I would require the continuos, because if you stick a guy with a chainsaw, and it's going, it's gonna keep doing damage even when it's not your turn. I might have slapped on a few fuel charges, and an extra time, only to start it up. (it takes me a while to get my chainsaw going)

Nice. I would require the continuos' date=' because if you stick a guy with a chainsaw, and it's going, it's gonna keep doing damage even when it's not your turn. I might have slapped on a few fuel charges, and an extra time, only to start it up. (it takes me a while to get my chainsaw going)[/quote']

Ah old tech. You can now get a electric starter version. Though in a pinch the pull versions come with their own garrotte.

Though for old school, my grandfather had this massive thing that dated back to late 50s or early 60s. Weighed about 50 lbs...

I happen to LIKE pulling the string. The hard jerking motion is like an appetizer to the feast of carnage that is to come. Whoops, did I say that out loud?

The pull start is great for Pre Attacks, though. Especially if you have the right laugh when you do it.

Now, anyone for a sander? Nail gun? Power drill?

Hmm, creative juices flowing...

Nine Inch Nail gun: Puts nails into anything including reinforced concrete.

1D6+1 RKA, Armor Piercing (+1/2), 5 Shot Autofire! (+1/2), 500 Charges! (+1), OAF (-1) plus +4 OCV, OAF (-1)

Total: (80 Active, 40 Real)

Power Drill: Not a very fast weapon, but patience is it own reward. Every phase it reduces Armor by 1 and does 1/2D6 of Kill (1D6+1 w/ STR). Grind...Grind...Grind...

1/2D6 HKA, Continous (+1), 0 END (+1/2), OAF (-1) plus 2D6 Drain Armor, Continous (+1), 0 END (+1/2), OAF (-1)

Total: (75 Active, 37 Real)

Your chainsaw, sir....

...snif...snif...It's just so beutifull!...snif,snif

LOVE the stats....great job.

So what bonus to Interrogation rolls would you give for having another PC in the room revving a chainsaw while you ask the questions.

Let me think (I don't have Fred or Lil' Fred with me right now)....

About +1d6 for a 'violent action'....

...about another +1d6 or +2d6 for the victom being helpless (I am asuming that the thug is, at least, handcuffed, and this, can not properly defend himself except for running away like a scaird kid in a haunted house...remind me to tell you my scared kid in a haunted house story...I was the kid)...

...about +1d6 for a 'vary aproperate setting' (guy hancuffed, prehaps legs tied to a chair, while your asking questions and your friend is reving a chainsaw)...

...just watch out for that pool of yellow *ahemm* juce on the floor. Your friend dosen't WANT to slip when holding a chainsaw in his hands, reved up or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Humm...what limitation would you give to an old gas powered Chainsaw which needed it's coard to be pulled multipul times before it starts? This sounds like an activation roll, but only to start it up.

I'll have to come back to this one' date=' but in a dark future game one of the vigilantes was sponsered by a chain saw company.[/quote']

Didn't I go to third grade with you? I was always like,

"Does anyone have a pencil?"

And you were like,

"Oh, I do!"

And so I asked,

"Can I borrow it?"

To which you replied,

"Umm, no. It's at home."

Grr....

I want to know more! Please, TELL ME MORE!

Saw Blade Thrower

This device spins up a circular saw blade and then throws it at the target. This is not Armor Piercing (in fact it bounces off of armor), but any good shot to unarmored head or neck will be fatal. GMs might want to demonstrate that before taking off a hero's head.

2x 1D6 RKA, Reduced Pentration

WICKED SLICE!

+1D6 RKA, -2 Lim: Requires a successful hit to the unarmored head or neck area. (Activates on a 8-)