Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I believe in the UK it is common to put milk in one's tea, just as in America we commonly put milk in coffee.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks the proposal is to just use hot mllk to make the tea, and eliminate the water entirely.

That's it exactly. I usually take my tea with milk. I just eliminated the water and got tea-flavored milk. I tried it last night. Not great, but not too bad, I guess.

I am no expert' date=' but IIRC the length of one inch was defined as the length of the middle segment of the King's middle finger, and a foot was litteraly the length of the king's foot. An Acre (IIRC) derived from how much land a peasant could till in one day with an ox. So IMO it wasn't just from architecture, but also from the Feudal style of government.[/quote']

In a similar vein, this isn't exactly my specialty either, but IIRC both of the aforementioned measurements used to be variable, based on the aforementioned body parts (along with the cubit being based off the forearm). The transition went from "natural measures" (each craftsman using their own body) to site standard measures (based on the Master Builder for a particular job) to the first universal measure based on the King's measurements somewhere around the 12th century. Mostly because they kept wanting to build bigger buildings than their neighbors.

"The French have a Cathedral a hundred feet tall? WE command you to build one a hundred and twenty feet tall!" sorta thing...

Oh and Zornwil is on twitter and facebook as well...

Another technology I don't do because I'm cheap. Sigh.

Convey my regards to both of them, and to any others you may find that have been scarce around here of late. There's a full list of folks I miss.

Another technology I don't do because I'm cheap. Sigh.

Convey my regards to both of them, and to any others you may find that have been scarce around here of late. There's a full list of folks I miss.

I don't use Facebook or Twitter either. Bazza, please give them my regards as well.

I saw Wargames when it came out' date=' but I only now just got the acronym joke. So I'm a little slow this half century. When eight million years old you are, look as good you will not.[/quote']

I only saw it on TV much later, and never heard about an acronym joke. Care to educate me/us? :)

PS: And what's up with you being on a boat?

I revel in my imperfection! It's so liberating where perfection is so... confining. No matter what you do when perfect' date=' there is only *one* way to do it -- the right way. But by being imperfect I can do things a whole myriad of wrong ways![/quote']

I think you misunderstand perfection. :straight:

I feel that perfection is a self-refuting concept, because after you enumerate all the qualities of your example of perfection, you have the beginnings of the list of things that would make that example even better, and therefore, it is not perfect. QED.