Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

My dad always drove a VW Beetle while I was growing up. I learned how to drive a Manual Transmission on a VW Beetle that belonged to one of my Fraternity brothers. Didn't even bother looking at the new Beetle. Just not me.

I'm looking at a Jetta. Just depends on if the numbers and features work out the way I want them to.

Doc

I'm not liking the new format of the forums.

I miss the grey background. Easier on my eyes.

I can adjust to just about any format, but I'm missing a few features. For example, on a thread that longer than 6 pages that you've already read to completion, there's no way from the forum page itself to go directly to the last page of a thread? So you have to go there in two jumps, go to one of the first 5 pages, and only then click to get to the last page?

Also ... You no longer get a list of of your latest reppings, and the comments the reppers passed on? Or is that now on a separate page I haven't found yet?

EDIT: A, there that last one is ... under "Settings". OK, glad I found that one. Now to poke around and see what ele I've missed.

I just don't give rep to people that annoy me a lot. Which doesn't mean if you haven't gotten rep from me' date=' that I'm mad at you, I just am rather flaky lately on giving rep.[/quote']

I'm notoriously flaky about giving rep.

Or chincey.

Depending on how you look at it.

"Reply with quote", then "quick post" takes your initial post, right underneath the post you are quoting, to the bottom of the thread/page. Seems like a stange behaviour, as then yo have to go back to the post where you were reading from and continue from there. Whole break in concentration, thing.

I firmly believe that the off-season is the best time to go to the shore. No traffic' date=' no crowds, and you [i']still[/i] get to enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of the ocean.

I agree. My favorite time to go to the ocean at least on the NW Coast (anything north of SF) is November - March. I find it better for my spirit.

Well' date=' I survived. It turned out last night I only had to observe. Next Wednesday I'm on. Also I thought I had to do three meetings a week and it turns out I only have to do Wednesdays. That means I'm free Christmas Day.[/quote']

Just remember to use your gavel a lot and you'll be fine. ;)