Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

• 2 weeks later...

Because turning Steve Rogers into a facist was working so well at Marvel, DC decides to make Nightwing get go facist.

Because why the F not.

So ... we had Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze and Iron Ages ... are we to the Rancid Jackal Vomit Age now?

I want the old Rip Off Press comics offerings back, the underground stuff. I like ironic humor with my dystopia.

• 2 weeks later...

In answer to Old Man's post, I lived in London and was close to several incidents conducted by the IRA. I was in work when one bomb went off in Victoria Station and at home when they set off an explosion in Crouch End. Then I was on my way into work when the bus and tube attacks happened in 2005. I have not travelled to a concert in a while so if Ms Grande was playing I would have waited for her to play in say Bristol if I had the money and the desire to see her.

I couldn't read her hand writing and I could swear her name was Eugenica.

It's not, but it's going to be someone's name! If that isn't a super-villain name I don't know what is.

Obviously, she's experimenting with human genetics...

One of Khan's foremothers, I assume.

By contrast, women named "Hortense" went extinct back in the middle Pliocene.

I distinctly recall that the late '80s and early '90s were marked by a trend towards pop love songs and "unplugged" acoustic self-covers.  The love songs were incredibly cheesy, but I pretended to like them because the girl I was dating at the time liked them and the sex was pretty good.

"Finding Dory" featured an octopus that was missing a tentacle.

"Moana" featured a giant crab that had its leg torn off.

Disney/Pixar needs to stop making movies that promote the exploitation of mutilated sea creatures. :(

Nemo himself was crippled in the attack that killed his mom, hence his "lucky fin".  Gill (leader of the Tank Gang) was scarred and mutilated in one of his escape attempts. 

You may be on to something.