Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

• 2 weeks later...

First, can someone please explain to me why people will drive into a parking lot that is mostly empty and still park in the middle of the driving lane? There is quite literally a parking space 10 feet away, but you can't be bothered to get the f##k out of the way to make your damn phone call?? Once is simply rude, but this is now a regular occurrence here. Is it a Gainesville thing? I've never seen this so often in my life. Gotta be Florida.

Fire on him. Ideally, put a round through their phone, and a few others through the rest of the passenger compartment. That should be adequate to convey the antisocial impact of their actions. If it doesn't work, escalate to antivehicle weapons. 105mm HEAT should work.

FWIW, I haven't seen that behavior up here yet. Outside of the place where you see all that and worse, which is when the drivers are soccer moms in giant SUVs picking up gangs of kids on the 1.5-lane-wide side streets around schools and playfields at the end of school/practice/etc. in upscale neighborhoods.

A greater sense of overriding entitlement is not seen anywhere. Not in Congress, not anywhere. Well, possibly in Vladimir Putin's office (but I'm not gonna argue with the guy who can get the polonium-210 to poison annoying journalists), and probably around the Norks' Kim dynasty (and they are in such a reality-free zone that I think it will take nothing less than the purifying fire of deuterium fusion at ten-meter distance to solve the problem).

I've often fantasized about mounting a bulldozer blade on the front of a large pickup for such instances.  Sadly, I can't afford a bulldozer blade.   Or a pickup.  In fact I can't even afford needed repairs to my current vehicle.  So a fantasy it shall remain, for the foreseeable future.

It's not even 11 yet, and I'm ready to kill.

First, can someone please explain to me why people will drive into a parking lot that is mostly empty and still park in the middle of the driving lane? There is quite literally a parking space 10 feet away, but you can't be bothered to get the f##k out of the way to make your damn phone call?? Once is simply rude, but this is now a regular occurrence here. Is it a Gainesville thing? I've never seen this so often in my life. Gotta be Florida.

Then, I get to my desk and discover that hours of work is missing. ^$%# me. It can only be my fault, but that doesn't help. This is gonna be a long day.

Then I find out--completely unrelated--that It Follows, one of the worst movies I've ever seen, is getting nearly universal praise as the next thing in horror, and I know I've lost my mind.

This is clearly the darkest timeline.

Thanks Trump.  :(

I'll be in the March for Science here in Seattle in few hours.

If the forces of ignorance, avarice, and intolerance descend and strike me down, avenge me.

Of course

if I can figure out what you mean by all that nonsense and it won't cost me anything to go avenge your bookworm hippie left coast ass!

;)

Got two friends going to Knoxville for a smaller protest today