Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Operator, well just forget about this call..

It's funny to look back at some of the things from our childhood are obsolete only because the reference technology that is obsolete.

Take my favorite Transformer, Soundwave. He became a cassette player, and he had a small army of robots disguised as cassette tapes. Duran Duran's "Girls on Film" isn't completely obsolete, but the idea of film cameras and the clicking/whirring noises in the song certainly are. Numerous songs about using payphones like Genesis' "Misunderstanding" and Dr. Hook's "Sylvia's Mother."

• 4 weeks later...

The Australian Open Championships are going on this weekend, and I'm excited about the line-up.

Women's Championship in about 90 minutes: Venus Williams vs. Serena Williams

Men's Championship tomorrow night: Roger Federer vs. Raphael Nadal

This is going to be EPIC!

:rockon:     :rockon:     :rockon:     :rockon:     :rockon:

Tkdguy must be so pleased with the results of the Australian Open. New records set by Serena and Roger

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.  If not for the kids this would have been posted in the Nice Happy thread.

Best of luck to you and the little ones.

If I may be so bold

My folks split when I was five for the very good reason that my father is a self-absorbed womanizing asshole. I didn't know that about him until I was 19.

They did an admirable job of not trying to poison our view of the other parent. Even when it might have been called for. 

Do the kids a try not to force them to choose a parent at this age. 

Let me make sure I understand. You didn't think enough of me and my skill set to get me involved in this project in the beginning when I could have done something useful to avoid this mess, but now you want me to come in and fix everything?

Yeah, that seems about right. emoticon-0179-headbang.gif

Lemme guess: you're dealing with a political-climber sort of project manager?

Those people hate nonsubservient competence. It's kind of their antithesis.