DEMON cover previews out!

TheQuestionMan

Re: DEMON cover previews out!

On the one hand: Wow! Fantastic cover! :)

On the other hand, you just know there was one teen-aged morbane on the side saying "Look, why don't we take off his armor before we sacrifice him? I have a can opener in my room. We can take off his armor together. It'll be fun!"

On the other hand, you just know there was one teen-aged morbane on the side saying "Look, why don't we take off his armor before we sacrifice him? I have a can opener in my room. We can take off his armor together. It'll be fun!"

"You just don't get it, do you Apprentice?"

"Got a whole magic bag of shhh right here..." ;)

That is one of the best cover's I have ever seen! And such a nice change from the Damsel in Distress roles. Notice Saphire in the background? She and Witchcraft were racing to see who would save Defender first...

Indeed, nice to see an end to sexist covers, especially with these two formidble ladies. Clearly we've come a long way.

And on a side note, Cory and Bethany really ought to oil up and just wrestle for him... winner take all :eg:

That is one of the best cover's I have ever seen! And such a nice change from the Damsel in Distress roles. Notice Saphire in the background? She and Witchcraft were racing to see who would save Defender first...

Is Saphire the little purple blur on the other side of the portal? If not, I'm blind and I don't see her... :(

Mags

Is it just me, or is Witchcraft's costume starting to look more and more like Solitaire's?

And that's clearly Defender doing the Steve Trevor "Bunny Eyes" impersonation :D

When the FX channel first aired in Washington, they had a Wonder Woman commercial that went:

"Steve Trevor. Perfectly charming. Perfectly groomed. And perfectly helpless. Watch Wonder Woman pull his fat out of the fire every day at 2:00.:D

RE: Steve Trevor. Interesting note: Lyle Wagnor (spelling?) is very conspicuous by his absence from the WW Season 1 DVD collection's special features.

Lyle Waggoner has stated publicly, many times, that he wants to put the Wonder Woman period behind him, choosing to instead promote his time on the Carol Burnette Show.

Over the last 25 years Lyle Waggoner has made a fortune with his company Star Waggons, which provided resting/changing trailers for movie stars to use during movie productions.

Is it just me, or does Defender's expression have "I'm dumping that 0-point 'Magic Doesn't Exist' Psych Lim!" written all over it? :)

Very nice cover, Storn. Whether or not I can read this one at work is another question ;) , but it certainly sets the scene for the contents.

Thanks y'all for your kind words.

Andy and I were sorta chortling over the pencils with the "don in distress" reversal ourselves. Besides, it makes some character sense to boot. Witchcraft has defenses and understanding of magic, Demon is not going to blindside her as easily as it would Defender.

GREAT cover! And boy, but does Witchcraft look ready to kick some Edomite-worshipping @$$ or what? (She alone almost makes the entire book and cover worth it to me, simply because both I & my character have the hots for her. What can I say, curvaceous redheads are my thing...)

And the DEMON flunkies look cool too! They just have 'evil cultist' written all over them -- so much so I wonder how these guys can even buy groceries without getting idented by the opposition. ("Think I'll take three bars of soap, a can of soup, and your virgin daughter for tonight's sacrifice -- whoops, how did that slip out?")

Congrats to the artist. Should the interior pieces even come close, this should certainly lay all those 'HG interior art is going down the crapper' complaints to rest.

Indeed, nice to see an end to sexist covers, especially with these two formidble ladies. Clearly we've come a long way.

And what I wrong with sexist covers? (Hay...only kidding...I do beleve turnabout is fair play)

And talking about sexet covers, Hero is not that guilty of doing them. I mean, I never saw a Quatum, Solitair, Witchcraft, or Saphire in bondage cover, nor any other person...ever. That is not to say there are not any such artwork, and I am not saying it dosen't fit most of the genras which Hero covers...all I am saying is that Hero seems to be above chesecake...most of the time.

"Silence' date=' apprentice. We must sacrifice a hero! Without his armor, he's... just a man."[/quote']

Actually, given the way mystic groups get into symbolism, that probably is the reason Defender's still in the suit.

(That and the fact that we haven't seen that many pictures of James out of the suit, and for a cover recognition is important.)

And what I wrong with sexist covers? (Hay...only kidding...I do beleve turnabout is fair play)

And talking about sexet covers, Hero is not that guilty of doing them. I mean, I never saw a Quatum, Solitair, Witchcraft, or Saphire in bondage cover, nor any other person...ever. That is not to say there are not any such artwork, and I am not saying it dosen't fit most of the genras which Hero covers...all I am saying is that Hero seems to be above chesecake...most of the time.

You do realize you quoted all my post but the 'meant to be humorous' punchline there right? Twas a jest...

Admitedly perhaps not a good jest...

I dunno... between this cover and The Mystic World, Witchcraft's cheesecake quotient seems to be on the rise... :think:

Not that I think there's anything objectionable about either one. :no:

Well, I have a weakness for comic book redheads (Darn you Marvel!) so you won't hear me complaining.

Well' date=' I have a weakness for comic book redheads (Darn you Marvel!) so you won't hear me complaining.[/quote']

Me neither. I wouldn't mind seeing some more work done on Witchcraft and Talismna's backgrounds, either, as far as that goes. Guess we'll have to wait for Vibora Bay for that.