NGD Scenes from a Hat

Hermit

Re: NGD Scenes from a Hat

NT: The worst possible time to be completely honest.

I got a really good accountant. He twisted the rules so I got a really good tax break. This won't mess up my audit, will it?

NT: signs your children may not actually be yours.

I got a really good accountant. He twisted the rules so I got a really good tax break. This won't mess up my audit, will it?

NT: signs your children may not actually be yours.

"Honey, little Junior is bench-pressing the station wagon. Are you *sure* nothing odd happened on your little 'business retreat' to Metropolis?"

NT: Signs that your mother and your high school English teacher have had their bodies accidentally switched.

"Now, David, remember the words of Shakespeare when he said..."

"Wait. Who?"

"Shakespeare. You know, The Bard. Romeo and Juliet? Hamlet?"

"Mom, you're from Alabama. You thought 'Hamlet' was a baby ham..."

<<>>

"Um, Mr. Wagner...did you get a perm?"

You find correction marks on your term paper and there are ink stains on the paws of your dog.

NT: Signs that your teacher wants to have "impro9proper relations" with you.

She want's yo0u to stay after class to "bange the erasers" and your class is equiped with an overhead projector.

You find correction marks on your term paper and there are ink stains on the paws of your dog.

NT: Signs that your teacher wants to have "impro9proper relations" with you.

She tells you that she wants a 69 on your paper.

NT: The best spoonerism or word juxtaposition you've ever pulled.

(This doesn't count as one of the 3, but I felt compelled to chime in. I was playing Yu-Gi-Oh, and tried to cast 'Mystical Face Tyspoon'.

We were doing The Music Man lo these many years ago, and it was rife with mixed verbiage. At one point the lead got lines so mixed up he sang "Sure as God made green trombones..." My favorite though was the tongue twisting opener in which the "Big brass bass" became a "Big bass brace." Fancying myself a cartoonist at the time I drew up a fish in a metal body brace to illustrate :D

I never remember my own ... I don't perceive them when they happen, and only if I am lucky will someone relate it to me after the fact. That rarely happens.

The best such thing I've heard was the pseudo-word "orginasm" in a lecture by my (female) anthropology prof, in front of a lecture hall of about 300, back in my freshman year.

My best wasn't in English. This was in Tokyo, in 1998. I was at work, with a severe headache, a sore throat and a fever. I couldn't deal. So, I went up to my manager at the time, a beautiful 30-something Japanese woman who couldn't speak much English. In my best, most polite Japanese, I intended to say "I am very sorry, but I have a headache. Could you please allow me to go home?"

Instead, I said "I am very sorry, but I have a headache. Could you please leave?"

Well, it was funny at the time. ;)

NT: "Why are you wearing that?"