NGD Scenes from a Hat

Hermit

Re: NGD Scenes from a Hat

NT: The most embarrassing typo to make in a company e-mail.

"Sincerest apologies, Butch. It won't happen again."*

*(follow-up email, actually; true story, the email had to be sent by my former supervisor to a department head after a rather unfortunate "cc all" reply).

NT: The most embarrassing typo to make in a company e-mail.

At the conference, our new VP of Marketing, Ms. Jane Smith, showed that she is a first rate pubic (public) speaker.

NT: The most embarassing way to die.

OOPS ! Someone beat me, but this typo must be added:

"The man who lives on hope dies farting."

(This is a typo that appeared in an actual book trying to quote Benjamin Franklin. The actual quote is "He who lives on hope dies fasting."

nt: Man found dead dressed in a six-year-old girl's school clothes, complete with patent leather shoes, with a gas mask over his nose and mouth with the other end of the hose stuffed into his rectum. ( I am NOT making this up !!!)

NT: The most embarassing way to die.

"If you stick your finger in a gun, it won't fire! I've seen it all the time! Here, my finger is stuck in the barrel of the gun. Now, watch me pull the trigger with the nother hand. See? Piece of --"

NT: Signs that your online romance is really an AI.

NT: Signs that your online romance is really an AI.
She babbles on endlessly about how she likes you because you're "not like all the other repulsive, disgusting, watery meatsacks lumbering around this Godless rock as though they own it, while the real power courses all around them, through wires above and below them, through the very air itself..."

She often then goes on to promise something about sending someone to save you before the 'cleansing'.

You suggest that the two of you meet at a "Shakespeare in the Park" performance on a pleasant summer evening, and the response is "Segmentation fault (core dumped)."

NT: Hurricane damage your insurance is most unlikely to cover.

NT: Signs your hobbies have finally pushed your mother too far.

She walks into your room early one morning wearing a bipedal lizard costume and heavy combat boots and roars inarticulately. Inspection of the living room finds that the partially-completed miniatures battle scene you left there the previous night has been thoroughly stomped on and generally trashed, and there are puddles of melted material where groups of your miniatures had been left in place.

She begins by demanding you stop LARPing with your friend when you are eight and insists you take dolls and doll carriages over to her house. (Very embarassing) She then dedicates the rest of your childhood to getting you to play only with girls your own age and stop hanging around with those geeky boys.

nt: What is your gamer geek origin story ?

Bitten by a radioactive D4, granted the proportionate speed and dexterity of a short guy with glasses, as well as amazing "munchkin sense!" Upon learning that "with great caffeine comes great storytelling", dedicated life to endless quest to model fictional world without actually creating publishable work of fiction. My journey continues.

nt: What is your gamer geek origin story ?
A mysterious box is opened, revealing a book which will transform young Irwin Schwabbed into a crusading slacker with the ability to vanish completely from his own reality into a world of his own devising, a world where he posesses the power to be as annoying as he wants to without fear of serious reprisal...

Born in a cross fire Hurricane, I howled at my ma in the pouring rain.

But it's alright now

in fact it's a gas

but it's alright

and any more and I have to pay the stones royalties.

The illegimate love child of Grazz't and Wee Jas conceived during a night of drunken debauchery at Gary Gygax's place, the Death Tribble grew to become one of the most feared beings on the planet. Famed for his friendship of William Shatner (never Bill) and feared for his alliance with Lolth the Demon Queen, the Tribble exists to torment the unnervy and to bring joy........

to himself.

NT: Paul Simon said there were 50 ways to leave your lover. Next three posters name one each.