Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

regarding Fred Phelps and the other noxious publicity hounds of the Westboro Baptist Church, and the Chunky Schoolgirl Incident currently creating fallout in our Champions game

Me : "they don't need an excuse to show up"

Purrdence : "Yeah, they'll show up to the opening of an .... elephant"

:nonp:

I'm now morbidly curious to know more of this story...:eek:

I'm now morbidly curious to know more of this story...:eek:

The Chunky Schoolgirl Incident, or the elephant thing?

You'll hear more about the Incident (let's just say it's Chunky as in salsa) over coming weeks.

Re: elephant, no idea, and neither does she. Put it down to brain derailment mid-sentence.

Mob-boss Mahoney rigged a boarding school to explode if he was ever removed from his safe-house. The Spectre snuck in and pistol-whipped him into unconciousness before he could mention this important fact. The resultant Chunky Schoolgirl Incident has made public-relations a bit frosty, and has the Spectre feeling somewhat guilty about it all.

Vitus D'rhazz ul Kashrak ur R'raschd takes a small oppurtunity to turn the screws whilst he has the chance.:eg:

"I note that for all the long,
long
year that I have been stuck here, you have asked, demanded, BEGGED that I hamstring my own abilities, use only my feeblest magics on unarmed civilians, refrain from using my knowledge to remake this world into something better... and in the end, it's
YOUR
actions that blow up 60 schoolgirls. I find a certain comedy in this."

And as if we weren't busy enough with the up-coming courtcases, and kidnap attempts, and so on, yet more superbeings are turning up in town.

"What is this, is Nebraska becoming the home-away-from-home for itinerant gods?"

One of the latest batch is the Crusader, the Jerusalem Knight. He has a chariot. A golden chariot. A flying golden chariot.

The horsies are flesh and blood tho.

"You can lead a horse to water - and make them fly 30 feet up, apparently."

The Crusader is in town working the will of the One True God .

He seemed a little dissappointed by the locals (read as : just shy of frothing at the mouth) when he discovered the Skeleton Crew headquarters filled to the brim with various sorts of iniquity.

Vitus, who has had a lot of experience with the divine and their agents, probably didn't help with his opening remark on the doorstep.

"So, which pantheon do you work for?"

and followed this up with

"Oh, A Monotheist! How
cute
!"

and further

"You're claiming that there's
one
god, responsible for
everything
. Altho that
would
explain why this dimension is so pathetic, it's chronically under-staffed."

"Of course there's more than one god! I know of four that live in this city! Hell, I rent my apartment from one! Actually, make that three, I suspect one got eaten."

The Crusader's inquiries into our own religious background didn't reassure him either.

Crusader
: "And in which church were you raised, Brother?"

The Spectre
: "Southern Baptist"

Crusader
relaxing
: "A fine denomination"

The Spectre
: "Then I switched to Shinto."

The Storm Lord
: "Shinto? Buddhism, here."

Crusader
shaking a bit by this point, and turning to the 7-plus foot tall hyena
: "And
you
?!"

Vitus
happily rattling off his religious history
: "Well, started off with Alla-Tandassi-Anbar, the God of Throwing Copper, but that was mostly family obligation, you understand. Then I sponsored the revival of Usimagarus, as the Alchemical Prophet. Lately it's been this new god. Dunno its name yet, but it seems like an interesting one and I'm sure I'll learn more about him as he builds up a local fanbase. :D"

We do, of course, ask him about his faith (even tho he started it), just to get a few facts straight and to try and to identify which OneTrueGod he's actually talking about.

Crusader
:mad:
: "THE God! He sent his only beloved son to Earth to redeem the sins of Man!"

The Spectre
: "well, that narrows it down to three."

Also questions about the post-mortem geography. Given that one member of the party already has a private afterlife in store, and Vitus has walked barefoot thru a couple, this didn't go down as planned either.

Vitus
: "Afterlife? Been there. Didn't like it. Came back"

Oddly enough, the Crusader didn't even stay for the nice cup of tea I ordered my students to brew up for our guest. He did make one last attempt to save this benighted nest of apostates and sinners, by leaving us some literature, by some bloke named Gideon, apparently. I don't think it's going to work.

Vitus
: "Already read it. Gratifying amount of sex and bloodshed in the first half, but got a little repetitive after that"

I won't even mention what happened when he called our member Felicity - who hasn't even gone on a date with her boyfriend yet - a harlot, but I do still think we'll be seeing some more of this gentleman...

A few from the New Titans...

-----------------

Neutron: I just dont get girl psychology.

Feline Fury: Its just like boy psychology. Except that all the corners are rounded off, its done in pastels, and theres flowers painted on everything ;P

-----------------

Feline Fury: Its not "narcissism" if you really are super-hot...is it?

-----------------

Feline Fury (OOC): Does he hate us for that? Secretly, alone, in the dark, when no ones around?

GM: Not that you know :sneaky:

My group has one that has come to be used for, "You didn't really think that one through, did you?"

The first use? A character with a multipower is hovering 200 feet in the air, bullets bouncing off of his force field, draws a bead on a bad guy and announces,

"I'm putting everything into Energy Blast."

Session 4/5 of "Daybreak Rising"

OOC comment on a character's attack spells: "You don't have an AOE, you are an AOE."

GM: "Who has Lightsleep?"

Michael: "My other character."

Ross makes his character's Stealth Roll by 9.

Steve: "Veskar has left the building."

Ross on the Skaven: "We prefer 'Rodent American'."

Grady: "We return and give a report, and don't mention all the things we did not do."

The GM on why the all-male Ork race has a goddess in their pantheon: "It's religion, don't think about it too hard."

Michael notes the GM has his VHS collection stacked in (roughly) alphabetical order. This leads to such combos as:

Grease The Golden Child

Final Destination Fight Club

A Few Good Men Falling Down

From our Fantasy Hero game (back from a hiatus due to honeymoon):

About the bard, Rastal remarks, "He's not a vampire this week."

--------

The players are discussing their characters' angst, and the tragedies they've survived that loved ones haven't. Rastal's player remarks, "Let's all have a pity party, then." Then he ponders, and realizes that Liv, an NPC who his character is romantically attached to, is exempt.

Flora's player says, "Liv has her own issues. She's dating Rastal."

--------

Daris is enraged when his dragon-girlfriend is kidnapped, and hunts down those responsible, attacking them singlehandedly. When the others arrive, he's badly wounded, and declaring to one of the kidnappers, "What have you done with my fiancée?"

Flora asks, "Since when are you engaged?"

---------

Rastal, in a letter to the cruel family of an insane man he's trying to help: "I'm one of the heroes, but I'm a bad hero. If you don't do this, I'll kill you."

----------

After rescuing the dragon, Arachne, Flora talks to Arachne about her relationship with Daris. Arachne seems unsure of the status, and unsure, even, of what she wants. Flora remarks that men are good for ONE thing.

"Oh," Arachne says, "You don't even need them for THAT. I mean, it's never been a problem for me, what with my shape-shifting abilities. Girls are quite good . . ."

Flora, reddening, says, "I think I need to go feed Hope* now."

*Hope is Flora's infant daughter. For various reasons, the party's adventures are safer for Flora's children than the adults in the party.

Shouldnt the name "Arachne" be on a spider-person, instead of a dragon-person?

Just sayin...

Her real name is Cyllenna, but for a while, when a party member came close to figuring her out, she was posing as someone else, and so she needed to come up with a new name. As her domain is Spider Mountain, she decided to go with an oblique reference to that.

And she's not really a dragon-person; dragons can just shapeshift to appear human in Via. But the Creator granted her a boon to feel human emotion, so she's as close as dragons get to being human.

Her real name is Cyllenna, but for a while, when a party member came close to figuring her out, she was posing as someone else, and so she needed to come up with a new name. As her domain is Spider Mountain, she decided to go with an oblique reference to that.

And she's not really a dragon-person; dragons can just shapeshift to appear human in Via. But the Creator granted her a boon to feel human emotion, so she's as close as dragons get to being human.

Coolies! :D

Long time ago, in a game far far away...

The Patriarch (Extra dimensional being of (what he thought) ultimate power): "Mortals, you face the power of a God. This is your day of reckoning!"

Aikido: "This is the third ultimate being this week!"

Enforcer: "Well, then I reckon its Thursday!"

Aikido: "....you should just hit things."

Wylodmayer is running a Marvel Alternate Universe campaign. The PC's are Rogue, Shadowcat, and Nightcrawler. The timeline is different from mainstream Marvel, especially in that Kitty, Rogue, and Nightcrawler are all teenagers, although Kitty has been an X-Man for a couple of years now. Rogue and Nightcrawler have just arrived, as well as several other new people. Lets watch!

----------------

[Dazzler is driving some of the new residents of the Mansion into town].

Dazzler: Wow...that place has really big doors!

Shadowcat: Its a barn.

Dazzler: oh yeah...

Shadowcat: :nonp:

------------------

Spike: I think Doctor Doom is responsible for DISCO!

----------------

GM: Im not going to touch that sentence..because I dont want to poke the mole.

----------------

Spike: Galactus...thats so cool

Nightcrawler: No its NOT COOL!

----------------

[The new people are being "socialized" in one of the ballrooms. Most of the kids are in casual attire. Even Shadowcat is in jeans and a sweatshirt. Monet meets Nightcrawler for the first time]

Monet: Oh my god! It looks so strange!

Shadowcat: Thats Kurt. Hes a student here. Like you.

Rogue: Way to make make new friends.

Monet: I only make friends with people worth being friends with, white trash.

Rogue: WHAT did y'all just say to me!?!!

Monet *smiling*: Oh, look. Shes all upset now.

Shadowcat: You really shouldnt-

Monet: I dont take advice from peasants.

Professor X: Kitty, would you come up here and stand with the rest of the X-Men?

Monet: *starts looking a bit taken aback*

Nightcrawler: Starting to figure out that you cant always judge people by their looks, frauleine?

-----------------

[Monet has become a personal nemesis of Rogue, who is not about to let the slight from their first meeting drop.

Monet does a Danger Room exercise demonstrating that she can lift about a ton, has excellent co-ordination, can do complex equations in her head while running an obstacle course, and can fly]

Monet: *finishing the equation and looking bored*: Next time give me something hard to do. *Looks over at Rogue and gives her a dismissive toss of her hair*

Professor X: Rogue, its your turn now.

Rogue: Fine. *Rogue demonstrates that while she cant fly as gracefully, she can fly faster than Monet. She hits more of her targets (being an experienced combatant, as a former member of the Brotherhood), and in the process bounces fire form an automatic rifle off her chest. At the end, she deliberately makes eye contact with Monet, and then hits the final target hard enough to knock it clear off its mountings*.

Monet: *shifts uncomfortably*

Professor X: Rogue? We're going to put up a few more targets. Id like for you to hit them as hard as you can.

Rogue: *Hits larger and larger targets, knocking each one off its mounting until shes faced with the punching targets that Colossus uses. She slams that one as hard as she can, and only -dents- it.*

Colossus: Wow. She is almost as strong as -I- am.

Monet: *loses some color in her face*

Nightcrawler: How much is that?

Colossus: Seventy-five tons, at last testing.

Rogue: *looking straight at Monet* And THAT aint even mah Powah! :sneaky:

Monet: :angst:

Shadowcat: *looks sadly at Monet, shaking her head*. I tried to tell her...

No context...

Joe moves towards her, "me? I'm confused, perplexed, ecstatic, delighted... terrified. It's like I got the worst and best adopted kid scenarios all at once, and then some. My mom's a princess. My mom's nuts. My dad's a superhero... with issues. I'm not alone in this world, but I'm on the fringe of two cultures...I can't take out a talking gorilla and now a good friend is looking a bit tired and doubting her gorgeousity. ..yes I know that's not a word....but I also know if anyone can salvage our PR and such, it's her."

Guest Major Tom

Wylodmayer is running a Marvel Alternate Universe campaign. The PC's are Rogue, Shadowcat, and Nightcrawler. The timeline is different from mainstream Marvel, especially in that Kitty, Rogue, and Nightcrawler are all teenagers, although Kitty has been an X-Man for a couple of years now. Rogue and Nightcrawler have just arrived, as well as several other new people. Lets watch!

----------------

[Dazzler is driving some of the new residents of the Mansion into town].

Dazzler: Wow...that place has really big doors!

Shadowcat: Its a barn.

Dazzler: oh yeah...

Shadowcat: :nonp:

------------------

Spike: I think Doctor Doom is responsible for DISCO!

----------------

GM: Im not going to touch that sentence..because I dont want to poke the mole.

----------------

Spike: Galactus...thats so cool

Nightcrawler: No its NOT COOL!

----------------

[The new people are being "socialized" in one of the ballrooms. Most of the kids are in casual attire. Even Shadowcat is in jeans and a sweatshirt. Monet meets Nightcrawler for the first time]

Monet: Oh my god! It looks so strange!

Shadowcat: Thats Kurt. Hes a student here. Like you.

Rogue: Way to make make new friends.

Monet: I only make friends with people worth being friends with, white trash.

Rogue: WHAT did y'all just say to me!?!!

Monet *smiling*: Oh, look. Shes all upset now.

Shadowcat: You really shouldnt-

Monet: I dont take advice from peasants.

Professor X: Kitty, would you come up here and stand with the rest of the X-Men?

Monet: *starts looking a bit taken aback*

Nightcrawler: Starting to figure out that you cant always judge people by their looks, frauleine?

-----------------

[Monet has become a personal nemesis of Rogue, who is not about to let the slight from their first meeting drop.

Monet does a Danger Room exercise demonstrating that she can lift about a ton, has excellent co-ordination, can do complex equations in her head while running an obstacle course, and can fly]

Monet: *finishing the equation and looking bored*: Next time give me something hard to do. *Looks over at Rogue and gives her a dismissive toss of her hair*

Professor X: Rogue, its your turn now.

Rogue: Fine. *Rogue demonstrates that while she cant fly as gracefully, she can fly faster than Monet. She hits more of her targets (being an experienced combatant, as a former member of the Brotherhood), and in the process bounces fire form an automatic rifle off her chest. At the end, she deliberately makes eye contact with Monet, and then hits the final target hard enough to knock it clear off its mountings*.

Monet: *shifts uncomfortably*

Professor X: Rogue? We're going to put up a few more targets. Id like for you to hit them as hard as you can.

Rogue: *Hits larger and larger targets, knocking each one off its mounting until shes faced with the punching targets that Colossus uses. She slams that one as hard as she can, and only -dents- it.*

Colossus: Wow. She is almost as strong as -I- am.

Monet: *loses some color in her face*

Nightcrawler: How much is that?

Colossus: Seventy-five tons, at last testing.

Rogue: *looking straight at Monet* And THAT aint even mah Powah! :sneaky:

Monet: :angst:

Shadowcat: *looks sadly at Monet, shaking her head*. I tried to tell her...

I can just see something like this happening in this game:

Rogue and Monet have just had a "little" contest to see who's the toughest

one of the two of them, and the noise from the Danger Room has gotten

the attention of the other X-Men. Arriving at the entrance to the DR just as

the doors open, they see Rogue walking out with a very satisfied

look on her face and brushing her hands against one another. When they

ask her what was going on, she says this:

ROGUE: "Well, that stuck-up mademoselle wanted to see just how

tough ah was, so ah showed her. Ah think that Countess The Money could

use a hand, though."

MONET: "De Monet... De Monet..."

Major Tom :D

I can just see something like this happening in this game:

Rogue and Monet have just had a "little" contest to see who's the toughest

one of the two of them, and the noise from the Danger Room has gotten

the attention of the other X-Men. Arriving at the entrance to the DR just as

the doors open, they see Rogue walking out with a very satisfied

look on her face and brushing her hands against one another. When they

ask her what was going on, she says this:

ROGUE: "Well, that stuck-up mademoselle wanted to see just how

tough ah was, so ah showed her. Ah think that Countess The Money could

use a hand, though."

MONET: "De Monet... De Monet..."

Major Tom :D

And then the base medic, Jerry Maguire, could run in shouting "Show me De Monet!"

We playtested a HEROCon adventure last night.

Michael reads his character sheet: "'Offended by willful stupidity.' If I could see what's going on in this hallway, I'd be offended."

"Russian space ships have steering wheels?"

"Russia invented steering wheels."

"Dear Mr. Cruise: 'Take this job and shove it.'"

"You are now entering the 'Calzone'."

Viktor: "I think I'll name my grenade launcher 'Reason.' People always listen to Reason."

During a discussion of Shadow Lord, one of the most powerful superheroes in the world, and his media corporation.

Biostorm: Shadow Lord does everything by grandstanding. He goes to the chinese restaurant, he grandstands it. He goes to the bar, he grandstands it.

Wallop: He goes to the bathroom?

Biostorm: I don't need to know that.

Bestiary: In SNN news today, Shadow Lord announced that he had a bowel movement that weighed 48 Kilograms.

(Entire supergroup collapses laughing)

...I meant centigrams... (Still laughing)

Guest Major Tom

During a discussion of Shadow Lord, one of the most powerful superheroes in the world, and his media corporation.

Biostorm: Shadow Lord does everything by grandstanding. He goes to the chinese restaurant, he grandstands it. He goes to the bar, he grandstands it.

Bestiary: In SNN news today, Shadow Lord announced that he had a bowel movement that weighed 48 Kilograms.

Quantity (or the lack thereof notwithstanding) aside, it sounds like

Shadow Lord is really full of it...

Major Tom :eg:

You expect us to believe this? A guy named "Biostorm" isn't interested in bowel movements?