Dear G-D, NOOOOOOOOO!!! I hate Hollywood!

Teflon Billy

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-07-04/#celeb7

Ratner Spices Up 'X-Men'

Brett Ratner is spicing up the new X-Men 3 movie with the addition of his very own fantasy - a sex siren mutant who seduces her opponents rather than battles them. Ratner takes over from departing director Bryan Singer, who made the first two movies, and the Rush Hour film maker is determined to leave his mark on the comic book series. The new mutant has not yet been cast but unknowns Kate Nauta and Aya Sumika will reportedly audition. A source tells Pagesix.com the mutant will be, "An unbelievably hot and sexy hooker. Her super power is that she secretes a pheromone that helps her to seduce men. She can seduce anyone." The source adds of the auditions, "They are open to all ethnicities who are in their early-to-mid 20s."

WTF, is WRONG with these people?!

Can't they leave well enough alone, and leave changes to only those things that directly don't translate well to celluloid over completely fubaring the entire concept?!

AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

TB

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Dear G-D, NOOOOOOOOO!!! I hate Hollywood!

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-07-04/#celeb7

WTF, is WRONG with these people?!

Can't they leave well enough alone, and leave changes to only those things that directly don't translate well to celluloid over completely fubaring the entire concept?!

AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

TB

Actually, isn't there a mutant with this exact power. Albino African-American woman. Some how related to a guy that looks like a monkey and has this power. I think she dated Grim Reaper for a while.

Actually' date=' isn't there a mutant with this exact power. Albino African-American woman. Some how related to a guy that looks like a monkey and has this power. I think she dated Grim Reaper for a while.[/quote']Over on Fark they were mentioning that character, Stacy X I think is what they said. But that still doesn't changed the fact that this @sshat is screwing with things that he shouldn't

TB

Yes... this is a stupid direciton for the movie. :stupid:

Stacy-X, (who is in the current continuity of the X-Men comic books), is a way lame character. We have yet to see either Angel or Beast, and this schmuck wants to add in a hooker mutant with snake scales from Nevada? Weak.

What about Mr. Sinister? Sentinals? Mojo, for Christ's sake...

Maybe this new director can convince Jackie Chan put on some roller-blades, chew bubble-gum, and play Jubilee? That would be novel... :thumbdown

Maybe he got confused when he saw the title, and thought that instead of directing "X3" it was going to be a "XXX" movie?

I suspect that they're mainly doing it so that super-kewl Wolverine with his enhanced senses will fall under her spell, and beat up the rest of the X-men, 'cause he rawks. Then, 'cause he really rawks, he'll break the control and beat up the villains on his own, 'cause he's Wolverine. Bub. :rolleyes:

What I love is that Ratner, a walking piece of monkey poop if ever there was one, just had to make the hottest female seductress in the world a hooker.

As a red-blooded American male who can be an odious pig at the BEST of times, even I'm offended.

There are lots of mutants with those powers.

Stacy X isn't the albino African-American woman. She's kind of scaled and an odd color (blue, was it?). She was briefly in whatever X-book had Havoc as the team leader. She was a former mutant whore, who worked at a whorhouse that was exclusively mutants. She had pheremone powers.

The Purple Man also had pheremone powers. As did his daughter, who showed up in Alpha Flight (IIRC).

Also, there's a student now in New X-Men who has mutant pheremone powers. As does her father, the sinister psychiatrist who pheremone-raped her mother.

But, then, the X-Men movies need another hawt chixxor who can seduce anyone, dude. 'Cause they're apparently planning to completely remove Mystique's powers, also.

But' date=' then, the X-Men movies [i']need[/i] another hawt chixxor who can seduce anyone, dude. 'Cause they're apparently planning to completely remove Mystique's powers, also.

Yeah... So far the movie news site rumors on this one include:

-Mystique gets her powers negated by some anti-mutant drug & is out of the last 3/4 of the move

-Cyclops gets accidently killed by Pheonix in the first half hour

-Storm and Wolverine decide they are into each other and have sex for half the film.

-Juggernaut is just the evil team brick and gets beat up along with all the other bad guys at the end of the movie. No invulnerability.

-Beast isn't an X-Man, he is the president's mutant advisor.

Now, if even half of these are true.... The movie will suck.

Heck, if even one of them is it will be deeply lame.

Yeah... So far the movie news site rumors on this one include:

-Mystique gets her powers negated by some anti-mutant drug & is out of the last 3/4 of the move

-Storm and Wolverine decide they are into each other and have sex for half the film.

-Juggernaut is just the evil team brick and gets beat up along with all the other bad guys at the end of the movie. No invulnerability.

-Beast isn't an X-Man, he is the president's mutant advisor.

Now, if even half of these are true.... The movie will suck.

Heck, if even one of them is it will be deeply lame.

These are actual rumors? WTFudge! :eek:

I'd pay money to see this, over and over and over again-hell just make the whole movie Cyclops getting his lame whiner ass killed and I'll go to it more than some people have been to Star Wars...

Man I hate Cyclops.

Yeah, it sounds like they are going the way of Superman 3 or Batman 3 (Batman Forever) - that is to say, the way of the suck.

And Ratner is a competent director, but I don't want a competent director, I want a freakin' cool director! X-Men and X2 don't deserve this kind of treatment.

Hawkfu

Let's just hope this is all fluff to raise interest in the film, as John Nathan Turner did many years ago by claiming that he'd be casting a woman as Doctor Who. If it turns out to be true then I think the first use of any viable time-machine should be to come back and drop an anvil on the director.

I'd pay money to see this, over and over and over again-hell just make the whole movie Cyclops getting his lame whiner ass killed and I'll go to it more than some people have been to Star Wars...

Man I hate Cyclops.

I was hoping to see a good version of this character for a change myself.

Something to redeem the fact that the comics made him (and nearly every other character for that matter) into a complete jerk.

Didn't happen, looks like it won't happen.

Such is life.

Wow, I rarely get a chance to see this level of pure fanboy panic in the wild. I can't imagine a movie that would be worse than a slavish reproduction of something like God Loves, Man Kills; just, maybe, the movie actually would be better if the director dares to do something that reflects his/her vision rather than duplicate that of some other artist with no innovation at all. Oops, did I just suggest to fanboys that change can be good? Better hide . . .

Guest Beastialist

I Hate Hollywood Cos They Doesnt Show Enuf Naked Animals And Naked Animals Are Gr8 In Films Cos They R So Erotic

Wow' date=' I rarely get a chance to see this level of pure fanboy panic in the wild. I can't imagine a movie that would be worse than a slavish reproduction of something like [i']God Loves, Man Kills[/i]; just, maybe, the movie actually would be better if the director dares to do something that reflects his/her vision rather than duplicate that of some other artist with no innovation at all. Oops, did I just suggest to fanboys that change can be good? Better hide . . .

I don't think Ratner adding a character like StaceyX, who is from the comics by the way, counts as 'daring to do something that reflects his vision rather than duplicating that of some other artist with no innovation at all". You know, since StaceyX was created by someone else. So he would be duplicating. Just saying.

Hawkfu

Could of sworn there was someone else with those powers' date=' though I might just be thinking of The Purple Man.[/quote']

Probably Black Orchid (from a mini-series of the same name), based on the plant which is believed to be an aphrodesiac. The character was actually a living human shaped plant, and was definately not a hooker. Oh, and it was published by DC, not Marvel, had associations to Swamp Thing, and was well written, though the third and final issue was a bit weak. Poison Ivy, depending on the writer, also grows a plant she makes a phermone from.

Wow' date=' I rarely get a chance to see this level of pure fanboy panic in the wild. I can't imagine a movie that would be worse than a slavish reproduction of something like [i']God Loves, Man Kills[/i]; just, maybe, the movie actually would be better if the director dares to do something that reflects his/her vision rather than duplicate that of some other artist with no innovation at all. Oops, did I just suggest to fanboys that change can be good? Better hide . . .

If he were writing for the comic itself , or starting the film series from scratch, I might agree with you. As it is, when you take over something where expectations have already been established, especially when your predecessor lovingly tried to recreate the source material with careful attention to the adaptation, you are entering a sitution where a contract has been established with the consumer whether you like it or not. There is a lot of room (and potential story directions) the series could take as of the end of X2 without the director undercutting expectations or doing something utterly stupid. The reason its been successful to date is because the director was a fanboy. Don't confuse vision with utter and complete egotism and stupidity. Far too many self proclaimed artists do.

Guest Black Lotus

Man I hate Cyclops.

ROFL!

Man, you X-Men fans sure are getting upset over this.

Not that I blame you. As with X-Men and Episode III, a lot of recent movies seem to have been getting the "lame as hell" treatment.

This is all just a joke, right?

I mean... all of it. Theres not really going to be some hooker mutant just splashed in, is there? Thats got to be a joke. Tell me its a joke. The other stuff, Juggernaut the non-invulnerable, Beast the gov't employee... just, please, tell me this is all a joke.

Even if you have to lie to me. Please, God, let this be a f*ck*ng joke...

j