Bye all

Fox1

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bye all

Aaaagh! It's the return of Sean!

He's a Sean-Zombie, undead poster from Beyond!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Seriously, welcome back Sean. We all missed you.

Well, he is just a disembodied head, so he could have some powers we don't know about.:D

Aaaagh! It's the return of Sean!

He's a Sean-Zombie, undead poster from Beyond!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

We had a zombie bunny running around here for Frith-knows-how-long and nobody said boo. Now we get one single disembodied head and it's all "run for the hills!" I just don't get you people. ;)

Bill.

Guest Black Lotus

Aren't they all?

Oh my, yes. The Hero System and GURPS boards are the most civil I have ever been on, considering the size of their membership. Some boards have the worst cliquishness in the universe, complete with racists, biased, hateful moderators, the whole shebang. Here at the Hero forums, everyone is quite nice, and most are intelligent.

(The GURPS boards allow more freedom of speech than the Hero boards, though, and even mention their belief in First Amendment rights in their registration agreement.)

in all seriousness' date=' I've noticed that as long as you're civil about it you can introduce all sorts of ideas and people will go "well, i think that's crazy here is what I do" and not have too much issue with it. Even with the more heated discussions as long as they didn't break down into ad hominem attacks everyone was pretty open to new ideas.[/quote']

NO. I am always right. If you disagree with me, you are wrong. :D

The Hero Boards are indeed a group whose members associate regularly with each other on the basis a common interest (presumably, the Hero System) and possess a marked sense of common identity ("fanboy" is an unkind term generally, but it fits well enough). Nothing wrong with that.

If you're referring to a high school -type clique (with its emphasis on rigid social hierarchy and the exclusion of the outsider) I think you're way off. I've never seen a newcomer ostracized (indeed, they are welcomed with open arms), nor the type of "Why are you posting on the Star Hero boards? You're a Champions gamer! Get lost, Sooper Zero!" exclusion that one might commonly expect from a juvenile clique.

If Fox1 won't be missed, it's because of his poor attitude -- not because he isn't part of the "in-crowd." Indeed, if he'd just buy off that Social Limitation: Abrasive Jerk disad, he'd be quite the valued contributer. :)

Bill.

I bought mine down to

Abase Erk.

It make me completely incomprehensible, but harmless. It only cost me 5 points and some letters.

NO. I am always right. If you disagree with me, you are wrong. :D

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet (my back isn't up to it), but I came up with the following disclaimer for my somewhat experimental and short lived webpage. It says the same thing but with more words. Mind you, I'd had a beer or two by then.....

Disclaimer

Nothing, and I do mean nothing, appearing in or on these pages, or anywhere else, should be believed, accepted or in any way relied upon in any context whatsoever. The verisimilitude of the content herein is not guaranteed, and in fact you can be pretty sure that none of the statements or facts stated herein have been checked or in any way researched. Most of them were made up. You should not proceed unless you know and accept this.

If you think that anything herein relates to you, anyone you know, or anything you know, you are wrong and hereby accept that you are at fault generally. Any appearance of similarity is due to coincidence, non-actionable accident or artistic licence; whichever one or combination is most likely to get me out of any trouble I might be in. Reading, seeing or in any way knowing about this disclaimer implies your consent to the contents of these WebPages appearing there, including any original work I may have plagiarised from you or anyone you know, have known or might know in the future. Moreover you agree to indemnify me in respect of everything, including but in no way limited to, my lunch. Anything that does appear here that you find upsetting or actionable shall be deemed to be YOUR FAULT, and you accept this by opening wrappers, any wrappers, at any time in your life. In the event of anything appearing to be my fault you agree to change your world-view until it isn’t.

Everything here shall be deemed to be my own work and you hereby agree that I should benefit from it, financially and otherwise, including any work that you may ‘originally’ have created that is included here. In this connection you irrevocably refute the Law of Causality. If anyone else takes action against me in respect of anything appearing herein it shall be deemed your work that you sneakily posted here without my knowledge or consent.

Existential rider: by existing, you accept that I should be allowed to do whatever I want whenever I want with whomsoever, or whatsoever, I want and you pledge your consent, finances and active encouragement to all my endeavours, fantasies and whims. You also agree that if anything goes wrong it is your fault.

Whatever age you are the wrong age to be granted access to this website. Shoo. Come back when your are differently aged, but re-read before entering.

This is an equal opportunities website and I will upset anyone regardless of intellect, age, gender, gender preference, beliefs, belief system, ability, inability, disability, colour, pattern, taste, race or species. We’re all one big, unhappy family, as far as I’m concerned.

If you want to complain about anything, anything at all, please feel free to flame .

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet (my back isn't up to it), but I came up with the following disclaimer for my somewhat experimental and short lived webpage. It says the same thing but with more words. Mind you, I'd had a beer or two by then.....

Disclaimer

Nothing, and I do mean nothing, appearing in or on these pages, or anywhere else, should be believed, accepted or in any way relied upon in any context whatsoever. The verisimilitude of the content herein is not guaranteed, and in fact you can be pretty sure that none of the statements or facts stated herein have been checked or in any way researched. Most of them were made up. You should not proceed unless you know and accept this.

If you think that anything herein relates to you, anyone you know, or anything you know, you are wrong and hereby accept that you are at fault generally. Any appearance of similarity is due to coincidence, non-actionable accident or artistic licence; whichever one or combination is most likely to get me out of any trouble I might be in. Reading, seeing or in any way knowing about this disclaimer implies your consent to the contents of these WebPages appearing there, including any original work I may have plagiarised from you or anyone you know, have known or might know in the future. Moreover you agree to indemnify me in respect of everything, including but in no way limited to, my lunch. Anything that does appear here that you find upsetting or actionable shall be deemed to be YOUR FAULT, and you accept this by opening wrappers, any wrappers, at any time in your life. In the event of anything appearing to be my fault you agree to change your world-view until it isn’t.

Everything here shall be deemed to be my own work and you hereby agree that I should benefit from it, financially and otherwise, including any work that you may ‘originally’ have created that is included here. In this connection you irrevocably refute the Law of Causality. If anyone else takes action against me in respect of anything appearing herein it shall be deemed your work that you sneakily posted here without my knowledge or consent.

Existential rider: by existing, you accept that I should be allowed to do whatever I want whenever I want with whomsoever, or whatsoever, I want and you pledge your consent, finances and active encouragement to all my endeavours, fantasies and whims. You also agree that if anything goes wrong it is your fault.

Whatever age you are the wrong age to be granted access to this website. Shoo. Come back when your are differently aged, but re-read before entering.

This is an equal opportunities website and I will upset anyone regardless of intellect, age, gender, gender preference, beliefs, belief system, ability, inability, disability, colour, pattern, taste, race or species. We’re all one big, unhappy family, as far as I’m concerned.

If you want to complain about anything, anything at all, please feel free to flame .

Don't be offended, but I stopped reading after the second comma. Must have fallen under the same portion of my brain that covers User Agreement Licenses for Software. I always try to read it but stop after the second comma.

Don't be offended' date=' but I stopped reading after the second comma. Must have fallen under the same portion of my brain that covers User Agreement Licenses for Software. I always try to read it but stop after the second comma.[/quote']

I may have had that in mind when I included this bit...

Anything that does appear here that you find upsetting or actionable shall be deemed to be YOUR FAULT, and you accept this by opening wrappers, any wrappers, at any time in your life.

...but I can't rep Bill Gates. Actually, is 'rep' the word I was looking for there....?:sneaky:

Disclaimer

I am so going to steal this.

And then claim that I wrote it. ;)

Bill.

(And there's nothing you can do about it!) :bounce:

Ah well, at least Fox1 didn't go out with a michaelnenonen-like "I'm leaving, and here's my 40,000 word dissertation (in 3 parts, plus bibliography and copious quotes from Noam Chomsky) on why!"

I really miss that guy..

We had a zombie bunny running around here for Frith-knows-how-long and nobody said boo. Now we get one single disembodied head and it's all "run for the hills!" I just don't get you people.

That is because a zombie bunny is still a bunny..

This is funny. I've read posts describing Fox1's attitude and how it will not be missed, but judging by the number of posts indicating this, it seems that this particular quality will be missed, at least somewhat, by several of these people. I know I'll miss Fox1, attitude and all. It's a part of him, and one of his defining characteristics, and one of the things I truly liked about him. Belligerent, abrassive, argumentative... maybe, but also honest with himself about what he thought and not afraid to express his views. He also didn't feel the need to candy coat anything. I gotta respect that. Sure he pissed me off more than once, but I'm sure I did the same to him so no big deal.

And, of course, Fox1 was an intelligent, thoughtful participant of these boards and made contributions to the discussions here well worth reading, and that participation will be missed as well.

See, ya in the funny papers, Fox1!

Speaking of missing people' date=' where the hell is DR? It seems the boards are getting much quieter lately.[/quote']

I'm back... unless there was some other DR you were referring to...

P.S.: I will never, ever, write a "I'm gone for ever" message. If life gets too busy, I'm more likely to simply halt posting for a while (like recently), but with full intentions of returning. I might drop a note saying I'm on hiatus and for what reason, but not always (again, like recently). They way I think of it, I never left... I just stopped reading and writing posts for a while.