Bye all

Fox1

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bye all

Not that I can recall' date=' but then most of the obnoxious types that you'd [i']want[/i] to say "Don't let the door hit you on the @ss on your way out" in the first place aren't obliging enough to post a farewell notice, they just slink off into the shadows.
Or are banned.

Ah.

So Fox1 is not necessarily a _bad_ person---

just horribly, horribly twisted.

Is that what you're getting at? ;)

I had no beef with Fox1 except his adversarial attitude. He was smart, and had a lot of good ideas and years of gaming experience. But he just couldn't seem to grasp that we have plenty of other smart people here with lots of good ideas and years of gaming experience.

If he wants to come back, that's just fine with me.

Jeez, I hate melodrama. Just go without all the theatrics already.

Ah well, at least Fox1 didn't go out with a michaelnenonen-like "I'm leaving, and here's my 40,000 word dissertation (in 3 parts, plus bibliography and copious quotes from Noam Chomsky) on why!" :hush:

When I leave, I'll just post the pictures. :eg:

JMHammer' date=' Shem Whistler....apparently old gamers do just fade away. Young ones too.[/quote']

Since shem_whistler's sig has the following:

Things to do in 2005

1) Move to Northern Ireland (27th July)

2) Get a new job (ASAP)

3) Sell Flat (ASAP)

4) Get married (1st October)

5) Spend time with my HERO books (As time permits)

I imagine he has good reason for not being on the Boards currently. When real life straightens itself out, hopefully we'll see him again.

I had two issues with him -- his preference for ad hominem attacks against anyone that didnt agree with him for any reason, and a tendency to spew, particularly against Steve and crew.

And I never did get what his problem with DOJ is; it just seemed like pure blind hate for the sake of being different to me.

Anyway, Im not sorry to see him go, Im just sorry to see him not tone down his belligerance a bit and mature into a more useful contributor.

I had two issues with him -- his preference for ad hominem attacks against anyone that didnt agree with him for any reason, and a tendency to spew, particularly against Steve and crew.

And I never did get what his problem with DOJ is; it just seemed like pure blind hate for the sake of being different to me.

Anyway, Im not sorry to see him go, Im just sorry to see him not tone down his belligerance a bit and mature into a more useful contributor.

I want to add to the list, posting a good bye message in the wrong forum for the sole reason of upping his post count. :whistle:

JMHammer' date=' Shem Whistler....apparently old gamers do just fade away. Young ones too.[/quote']

Well, I know that Shem Whistler has moved from London to Belfast and will be getting married on October 1. I'm sure that he'll be back as soon as his life settles down again - I made him a HERO geek and I'll make sure he stays one!

Doc

Since shem_whistler's sig has the following:

I imagine he has good reason for not being on the Boards currently. When real life straightens itself out, hopefully we'll see him again.

I have good reason for not being on the boards at present, but when has that ever stopped me? :D

Guest Black Lotus

Fox1 was a pain, but I believe many of his gaming ideas were solid. I had quite a few spats with him myself, at first, but that seemed to drop off after a while.

What, is this forum a clique now, or something? Seriously. Wish him well and move on. Just like that old saying, "Never speak ill of the dead..." People can find something nice to say even about cattle rustlers when they pass on, and EVERYONE is going to Heaven at their own funeral. :D

I have to post a similar, false "See you later, Herophiles!" message in a few months, and see how much people have to say about ME... ROFLCOPTER.

Fox1 was a pain, but I believe many of his gaming ideas were solid. I had quite a few spats with him myself, at first, but that seemed to drop off after a while.

What, is this forum a clique now, or something? Seriously. Wish him well and move on. Just like that old saying, "Never speak ill of the dead..." People can find something nice to say even about cattle rustlers when they pass on, and EVERYONE is going to Heaven at their own funeral. :D

I have to post a similar, false "See you later, Herophiles!" message in a few months, and see how much people have to say about ME... ROFLCOPTER.

Well said.

BTW, I have decided not to post on these boards any more.

Guest Black Lotus

Well said.

Sean Waters was a total a-hole. I really hated him for disagreeing with me, and I'm glad to see him go. He totally didn't fit with the clique! In fact, I place a curse on his entire family.

I'm now printing out his avatar so I can pee and stomp on it... working... THERE. NOW we'll see who's the boss!

Well said.

Wellreallysorrytoseeyougoseanbutthesethingshappenhere'syourhatwhere'syourhurryhappytrailsandallthat!

Don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good Lord split ya. :D

Good bye, Sean, and good luck! I've enjoyed your participation in group discussions, and the help you provided me in learning the ins and outs of this board. I have rarely failed to be intrigued by your ideas, and have always enjoyed the rationalisation behind them. You're humor was neither derivitatve nor repitive, and never out of place.

I'm sorry Sean; you just weren't the same caliber putz as -- well, we all know.

What' date=' is this forum a clique now, or something? Seriously.[/quote']

Aren't they all?

in all seriousness, I've noticed that as long as you're civil about it you can introduce all sorts of ideas and people will go "well, i think that's crazy here is what I do" and not have too much issue with it. Even with the more heated discussions as long as they didn't break down into ad hominem attacks everyone was pretty open to new ideas.

What, is this forum a clique now, or something? Seriously.

The Hero Boards are indeed a group whose members associate regularly with each other on the basis a common interest (presumably, the Hero System) and possess a marked sense of common identity ("fanboy" is an unkind term generally, but it fits well enough). Nothing wrong with that.

If you're referring to a high school -type clique (with its emphasis on rigid social hierarchy and the exclusion of the outsider) I think you're way off. I've never seen a newcomer ostracized (indeed, they are welcomed with open arms), nor the type of "Why are you posting on the Star Hero boards? You're a Champions gamer! Get lost, Sooper Zero!" exclusion that one might commonly expect from a juvenile clique.

If Fox1 won't be missed, it's because of his poor attitude -- not because he isn't part of the "in-crowd." Indeed, if he'd just buy off that Social Limitation: Abrasive Jerk disad, he'd be quite the valued contributer. :)

Bill.

What' date=' is this forum a clique now, or something? Seriously. Wish him well and move on. Just like that old saying, "Never speak ill of the dead..." People can find something nice to say even about cattle rustlers when they pass on, and EVERYONE is going to Heaven at their own funeral. :D[/quote']

You said pretty much what most of us said.

Fox1 was a pain, but I believe many of his gaming ideas were solid.

We all agree he had some good ideas and some intelligent input, but apparently even you agree he was a pain. For some (a few? several? many? most?) it never dropped off, and I, for one, was sick of him bashing DoJ and everyone who he considered a 'fanboy' or just stupid--which, if you read the majority of his posts, included just about everyone at some point.

We're not saying "I hope Fox1 suddenly bursts into flame!". We're just saying we won't necessarily miss him. Obviously some of us don't know him as well as others apparently do, but that was his loss, not ours.