"Neat" Pictures

Dr. Anomaly

Re: "Neat" Pictures

The only other downside to Ikea stuff is if you move and lose some of the oddball connector hardware during the teardown/transport/redeploy process' date=' you are SOL. Small hardware stores don't sell those (and they can be downright huffy about it) and getting replacements can be a problem.[/quote']

I'm building these into the room. These are here to stay!

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

The only other downside to Ikea stuff is if you move and lose some of the oddball connector hardware during the teardown/transport/redeploy process' date=' you are SOL. Small hardware stores don't sell those (and they can be downright huffy about it) and getting replacements can be a problem.[/quote']

As fas as I know, IKEA will give you replacement parts for free if you can go into the store and ask. And if not, you can buy them.

s_w20_00000002.jpg

Nearly 150 years ago, photographer O'Sullivan came across this evidence of a visitor to the West that preceded his own expedition by another 150 years -- A Spanish inscription from 1726. This close-up view of the inscription carved in the sandstone at Inscription Rock (El Morro National Monument), New Mexico reads, in English: "By this place passed Ensign Don Joseph de Payba Basconzelos, in the year in which he held the Council of the Kingdom at his expense, on the 18th of February, in the year 1726". (Timothy O'Sullivan/Library of Congress)

From the Atlantic InFocus

Sorry, it's over a week later, but these were some of the photos I took of the eclipse.

If you click on any of them, it will get you to flickr where I have larger versions.

7238778848_0bb04578bb_n.jpg

eclipse_120520_01_lr

7238779262_75e1c5b50f_n.jpg

eclipse_120520_02_lr

7238779404_419d503463_n.jpg

eclipse_120520_03_lr

7238778690_f85bdc34f2_n.jpg

eclipse_120520_04_lr

The last one is from using a strainer as a multiple pinhole.