• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

And I am finished with Phase 2. I need to place the shelves and move all the books and figures back and then move on to putting on molding and painting (with the books covered) so it looks like a built-in. Then I'm going to replace the ceiling tiles and hang new lighting and run a new light switch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43282[/ATTACH]

Since all the bookcases did not meet up to form a contiguous path around the room, I used 2x4 spacers to to keep everything tight and keep a symmetrical look.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43283[/ATTACH]

I had some 3/4" cabinet grade plywood left, so I used that as a top plate to tie everything together and provide backing and support for the trim.

And I am finished with Phase 2. I need to place the shelves and move all the books and figures back and then move on to putting on molding and painting (with the books covered) so it looks like a built-in. Then I'm going to replace the ceiling tiles and hang new lighting and run a new light switch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43280[/ATTACH]

Since all the bookcases did not meet up to form a contiguous path around the room, I used 2x4 spacers to to keep everything tight and keep a symmetrical look.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43281[/ATTACH]

I had some 3/4" cabinet grade plywood left, so I used that as a top plate to tie everything together and provide backing and support for the trim.

If you make it out to my place for my birthday open house in June, you can see what I've done with IVAR.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43282[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43283[/ATTACH]

Nice work :) One of the problems with IVAR is the tendency of our cats to use the shelves as highways

Guest Celt

Nice work :) One of the problems with IVAR is the tendency of our cats to use the shelves as highways

I wouldn't have a problem with that myself, but you have to check frequently for hairballs and other effluvia up there.

There's gotta be a story behind that

Lucius Alexander

there's gotta be a palindromedary tagline here

That is one heck of an Entangle. Anyone care to estimate the DEF and BODY of that thing?

We recently got an Ikea here in Denver. It's about 700 thousand square miles of store. I've yet to go there. I'm still doing the math on the amount of explosives I'll need.

You'll get better intel by casing the place first, then ordering your C-4.

That is one heck of an Entangle. Anyone care to estimate the DEF and BODY of that thing?

Alas, the current rule set doesn't allow building walls with Entangle. Use Barrier for that.

JoeG

Somewhere, there's a lot of folks looking for a place to sit at their dining room tables.

For $1 you can guess how many chairs are in the giant stack of chairs.

Winner takes half; the rest goes to chair-ity.

Comments like that reveal a deep-seated resentment of some kind.

Yep. No mdf. I checked. Mainly pine and pine wafer-board.

The only other downside to Ikea stuff is if you move and lose some of the oddball connector hardware during the teardown/transport/redeploy process, you are SOL. Small hardware stores don't sell those (and they can be downright huffy about it) and getting replacements can be a problem.