How many points do YOU build your agents on?

Force

I think 40-50% of PC points is a good guideline--100 point agents are pretty inconsequential to 5-600 point heroes--you really have to have "super" agents to worry experienced or powerful heroes.

the upper limit would be about 60-80% of PC points--super-elite agents, like what stronghold or genocide might deploy to subdue or kill supers.

I would say just increasing the CV of agents really works to make them more formidable. adding enough defense to make them 2-hit targets is another approach.

I'm embarrased to say it, but lazy thing that I am, I don't 'make' Agents normally, I just borrow the stats from the books if I'm using an official group, and if it's unofficial, I tend to just adapt one of the offical ones a little, but I rarely bother to look at the points so much as how long I think they'll last.

Actually, in one 'Parody Champions' game I ran, I made fun of this tendency to cookie cutter by having all the henchmen/villain agents have 'Distinctive Feature: Broad Shoulders, No Necks' ;)

In my last adventure, 299-300 but they were equal in number (more or less) to my 350pt PCs. I say "More-or-less" because one of the Agents had a Duplication power that allowed him to create robot drones of 200 point value. The drone-creator was safely away while his drones fought the PCs with the other agent, and never used his full allotment (they were there essentially to keep it challenging by providing multiple targets).

I like agents to be effective against supers when using team tactics and/or special weapons, but not to detract from any supers that they might be associated with. For the new standard of 350 pts. for supers, I find that 150 pts. gives me effective agents, with 200 pts. for leaders and elite types.

When I've used PRIMUS agents they're normally around 200 pts., since they're supposed to have gimmicks that make them exceptional. The VOICE agents I'm working on updating to 5th are mostly at 150 pts., but VOICE will also have a squad of elite assassins called The Silencers that are meant to be the equal of low-powered supers, hence starting at around 250 pts.

Depending on how much I flesh out their skills and minor equipment (suit radio, etc), standard agents range from 100-150 points. This is for a standard superhero (350-point) game.

I also have elite agents, that border on superhero capabilities. Often, these agents have innate capabilities or full-fledged battlesuits. They normally run about 200 points, and have sufficient defenses to take a hit or two without dropping.

build agents on points? I never thought of that, i just give them strong enough attacks to do an average of 5-15 stun, depending on how powerful the PCs are supposed to be. and then enought DEF and STUN that they are KOed in one or two hits and will take body if the PCs don't pull their punches... and then just say they have teamwork ro something....I don't even write down end because they are usually KOed before they would use up half their end...

Originally posted by Hermit

Actually, in one 'Parody Champions' game I ran, I made fun of this tendency to cookie cutter by having all the henchmen/villain agents have 'Distinctive Feature: Broad Shoulders, No Necks' ;)

The Men In Black agents in my campaign all look disturbingly alike.

Let's see, I'm just checking now my top agents, they're 453, and the bottom agents (but still agents as opposed to thugs) are 51. But the top agents are fairly inefficient points because they're NPCs; they could probably be built on a lot less.

Most agents in my world are built on 75+75 points in disads, this includes about 75 points in gear (Blaster Combine-40, Armor-20, Helmet- 15)

blaster Combine: 8d6 EB: AF-5, Charges 30 x4 clips, OAF

Armor 10/10 armor OIF

Helmet (all OIF): 5 Flash Defence, Radio Hearing/Transmit, +1 vs all range attack penalties, UV or IR Vision

Generally on the 75/75 level (150 total points) -- but I know from experience on these boards I do one thing very differently from the norm.

My 75/75 agents don't pay for their equipment. So generally they're going to be close to the 150/100 level (250 total points) level in terms of actual power.