Champions "What Ifs"

Hermit

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions "What Ifs"

...Dr. Destroyer merged with Mechanon

He'd form a support group for the families of Supervillains, and he'd run the therapy sessions under the name Dr. Destroyanon.

Mechanon went to an alternate universe' date=' and brought back his true creators...CLOWN..[/quote']

The CU would become very slightly less funny.

Even though I'm not in this camp, I'm going to cut off the inevitable suggestion from OddHat ...

WHAT IF ...

Nighthawk's headgear actually looked like a hawk?

:D

He'd still have a damn bird on his head.

What if...

Seeker was real?

Australia would have another hero.

Professor Muerte had not died?

We'd have a less steryotypical armored bad guy.

Vanguard had not died?

Maybe we'd get to see his stats.

Takofanes was an old man in a rubber mask?

He would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for those nosey kids.

Dr. Destroyer had been captured by the allies at the end of WWII and Executed for his war crimes and other atrocities?

More then likely it would be secreted away by the US Goverment to work in a Navada Weapons Lab, along with most of the other German Scientist. Then you would have "Destroyer, director of Primus"

What if:

Doctor Destroyer actually died with no clone! Who would be the big master villain for HERO Games then?

For HERO Games it might be anyone. Most HERO games don't use the CU. ;)

As to Champions games that do use the CU, probably Menton or Mechanon, unless another super stepped forward to fill the "World Smasher In Armor" slot.

[*]Eurostar succeeded in legally taking over a European country or two?

As in Fiacho becoming the Prime Minister or some-such? Boycot possibly followed by a US lead invasion. If Eurostar is just working behind the scenes, it gets more interesting. Probably American and UNITY Supers would be sent in to try to capture or kill Eurostar; by having to stay in contact with their puppets, Eurostar would be making themselves a little bit more vulnerable.

[*]UNTIL was as ineffective as the UN?

They are. If you can't stop terrorists dim witted enough to wear uniforms and have multiple massive fixed bases (with all the attendant paper trails) filled with vehicles and equipment that actually have the terrorist organization's name on them in big letters, you're as effective a law enforcement officer as a large potted plant.

[*]Steve Long enjoyed CLOWN?

He'd get the rights to re-publish it, or exercise those rights if he already has them.

What If ...

• Dr. Destroyer ruled the world?

• The 4th ed Champions lived in the 5th ed world?

• C:NM Timeline was part of the 5th edition timeline?

• The Champions had a membership history like The Avengers?

• Deathstroke came back as a Masters of Evil team?

• Psi had an expanded membership?

• Foxbat took out the Champions?

What if a dying Doctor Destroyer' date=' in a last twisted fit of pique towards the pathetic world that denied him his rightful rulership, legally bequeathed his armor, schemes, followers, and properties to a certain Frederick Foswell, aka Foxbat? :sneaky:[/quote']

I would expect most of Destroyer's followers to up and quit as soon as the transfer became known. :P

I would expect most of Destroyer's followers to up and quit as soon as the transfer became known. :P

Well, I don't know. the price for failing a mission for Destroyer would be..scary. For Dr. Foxbat..a noogie? As long as the paychecks kept coming.....

Well' date=' I don't know. the price for failing a mission for Destroyer would be..scary. For Dr. Foxbat..a noogie? As long as the paychecks kept coming.....[/quote']

You'd probably be forced to listen to "a short motivational speech" from the boss...

...suicide would be the likely result.

;)

What if Luther Black had never found the Liber Terribilis, the Harrowing Book?

What if The Black Paladin had formed DEMON in the middle ages?

What if the archmage, Bohdan Stanislavski, had not died in 1908?

What if the original Black Mask had become the President of the United States?

What if Albert Zerstoiten, Dr. Destroyer, practiced magic instead of using technology and became the archmage of earth?

What if PSI served Menton?

What if there were a week long citywide power outage in Mellennium City ?

What happens when all the Champions become Senior Citizens ?

What happens if Menton contracts Alzheimer's ?

What happens if opposite good or evil twins of Supers from other dimensions appear in the CU ? I.E. Professor Preserver. A Menton who is Jesus Christ, Mahatma Ghandi and Mother Teresa combined. A Superteam called the Champions who are not what they seem....

What if Invictus DOES become President ?

What if there were a week long citywide power outage in Mellennium City?

Can't imagine how, what with all the super-scientist types who have their own private reactors in that town...

"OK, let's wire it up to the grid!"

"We can't power the entire city with this!"

"No, but we can at least keep the streetlights on and essential public services working. That'll cut down 95% of the problems right there."

Guest daeudi_454

What if SuperScientists actually manufactured their inventions for the public use and benefit, instead of keeping it for themselves and their teammates?

What if Takofanes regained the mental acuity he possessed as a living man? :angst:

Pardon me, but why do we always get this "Takofanes is a drooling loon compared to the good old days"? Just what was he like back then, anyway? I've got the Turakian Age book and he doesn't come off much better there than he does in modern/Champions times. Or have I just missed something somewhere?

Pardon me' date=' but why do we always get this "Takofanes is a drooling loon compared to the good old days"?[/quote']

Lord Liaden PM'ed me this way back during the Mystic World playtest. He asked me not to reveal it then, as the playtest was still going on.

Mystic World having been out on the shelves for ages, I figure it's safe now:

Takofanes' state of mind is revealed in a missive from Menton to his sister Metalla' date=' after Menton attempted to probe Takofanes' mind. What he found was that, after more than 70,000 years of unnaturally prolonged existence, most of Takofanes' human intellect has withered away. Menton likens his mind to that of a spider. While he still has vast occult knowledge, in other ways he's little more than an automaton. He feels no love or hate or fear, or any other emotion save hunger for power. He instinctively seeks destruction and conquest, because after obsessively pursuing those goals for so long they're the only motivation he has left. He continues to use the same methods he always has; he can't adapt to the modern world because he can no longer think creatively.[/quote']

He'd form a support group for the families of Supervillains, and he'd run the therapy sessions under the name Dr. Destroyanon.

The CU would become very slightly less funny.

He'd still have a damn bird on his head.

Australia would have another hero.

We'd have a less steryotypical armored bad guy.

Maybe we'd get to see his stats.

He would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for those nosey kids.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to OddHat again.

There's the fact that he actually engaged in long term planning and covert subterfuge' date=' tactics far more subtle than anything he's demonstrated in the modern era. This includes stuff his sheet simply doesn't have the skills to even attempt.[/quote']

That, or he's engaged in some truly deep scheming, a plan that is taking years or decades to come to fruition.

Oh yes: if anyone remembers the plot seed (from Arcane Adversaries) where Demonologist uses Turakian Age artifacts to bring the past into the present, and return Takofanes to his former glory -- what kind of problems might ensue after the plan's defeated if ol' Takky retains his fully-restored intellect?

Lord Liaden PM'ed me this way back during the Mystic World playtest. He asked me not to reveal it then, as the playtest was still going on.

Mystic World having been out on the shelves for ages, I figure it's safe now:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Liaden

Takofanes' state of mind is revealed in a missive from Menton to his sister Metalla, after Menton attempted to probe Takofanes' mind. What he found was that, after more than 70,000 years of unnaturally prolonged existence, most of Takofanes' human intellect has withered away. Menton likens his mind to that of a spider. While he still has vast occult knowledge, in other ways he's little more than an automaton. He feels no love or hate or fear, or any other emotion save hunger for power. He instinctively seeks destruction and conquest, because after obsessively pursuing those goals for so long they're the only motivation he has left. He continues to use the same methods he always has; he can't adapt to the modern world because he can no longer think creatively.

In other words, Takofanes has gone completely senile.