A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

*Cancer goes into frothing old fart mode and puts on his Yosemite Sam voice *

On a Seahawks fan blog there is a recent thread about favorite Seahawks road wins, and the callow young pups there have all posted garbage from this century.

There is really only one game that deserves this label, and it's this one, December 31, 1983.

It is the second playoff game for the Seahawks ever (they had beaten Denver decisively in the Wild Card game at home in the Kingdome the previous week), so it's the first road playoff game in franchise history. They go into the Orange Bowl. Don Shula's Dolphins, defending AFC champions, are heavily favored.

For 57 minutes maybe the Seahawks use Steve Largent as a decoy, maybe the Dolphins cover him with a blanket, but he has no receptions for the day. But with 4:44 remaining, Seattle has a 17-13 lead. Then young Dave Krieg, stupidly looking to give Largent a meaningless reception to keep a games-with-catches streak going, throws it directly to a Dolphin, and Miami takes little time after that to march it in and capture the lead, 20-17. Colossal mistake.

Miami kicks off. Starting from their own 34 with 3:45 remaining, Seattle runs twice, and then Largent emerges from whatever blanket he'd let himself be under and makes back-to-back perfect-pattern catches of 16 and 40 yards when the need is most desperate. (Three words here, children: Hall. Of. Fame.) Rookie all-pro Curt Warner runs it in from the Dolphin 2 to put Seattle back up 24-20 with 1:48 left. The Dolphins fumble the ensuing kickoff, and the Seahawks eat clock and kick a gratuitous FG for a final score of 27-20.

Starting out a recording career (that will not make me a living) is a challenge un many ways.--including realizing just how much I have to work on if if I'm going to make progress. There are several textbook errors in this clip, which I recorded live at AnimePDX this weekend. Bad though it was, the number reminded me why this is something I really want to do,.

[youtibe]

I'm trying to get funding for proper recording software and equipment though a GoFundMe page. I'll already 20% at my goal, but I had a very small goal.

And how much underwear was thrown at you ?

What would I have done with it? It's not like I could have worn the stuff -- I have very specific requirements for underwear, and chief among them is proper gender. It was also a young crowd, so it would have been at best gross.

But I can do better. today I recorded four single-verse takes on a cover of the Adventure Time classic "Everything Stays". I need to figure out a backing track, and how to put together said backing track.

That's why I'm doing the GoFundMe, and wracking my brain for ways to get it out in the open and into the hands of people who might want to help without stepping on toes and crossing boundaries. I'm looking to buy software and a better microphone if I can. I don't think Simon would let me post the link here (I know I wouldn't in his place) unless it were something like an RPG Kickstarter..

I have to know if this advert is playing in the States

KFC does not sell the whole chicken, nor should they, because there are a lot of parts of the chicken that nobody eats anymore -- and certainly not pressure fried.

(In my personal opinion, the Popeye's chain makes much better chicken. I take the spicy.)