I'm gone

Mark Rand

Re: I'm gone

A break every now and again can be good.

Box the stuff up if you must, but don't get rid of it. You'll be back someday. :D

Good luck with wherever life takes you!

(And just because you aren't gaming doesn't mean you can't talk about it...and there's plenty of other topics like comics here and on NGD and all sorts of NGD things you could still get involved in...just because you aren't gaming doesn't mean you have to leave the discussion boards.)

What Supreme Serpent said. :)

I of course can't speak for you, Mark, but I came to a similar decision not long ago, as a result of many other things happening in my life that left me feeling like I could spare neither the time nor the emotional energy for gaming. As it turned out those other things eventually improved, and I discovered that I not only could continue with this hobby, but that I wanted to.

If you truly wish to sever all connections with it, including visiting us here, then I wish you well. If you change your mind, though, don't be embarrassed to come back. You're always welcome. :yes:

Hey, if you're not going to need these gaming books anymore, can I have them?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary sometimes feels compelled to apologize for Lucius Alexander's behavior....

No. I may have use for them a few years down the road.

They always come back ...

Hey, I did! It happens!! I am the living proof of it!!!

See the light! See the LIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

Anyway - all the best. And best regards to Pittsburgh. Have been there 5 times since 1994 and I just LOVE the city!

Baron, where in Germany are you (if that's a serious location), I'm on business, currently ouside Munich but then Monday night back near Herzogenaurach (near Nuremberg), where I normally am when in Germany, though I'm leaving on Wednesday.

Sure its is a serious location. I am living in Hattingen, near Essen and Bochum at the heart of the Ruhr Area in Northrhine-Westphalia. That's unfortunatey not very near to Nuremberg (about 600 km = 450 miles) away, so no good for a night at the pub. But anyway - if you happen to be in Germany again, send me a message - maybe we can figure something out.

What's your business in the Fatherland?

I work with a major sportswear company HQd there... ;) ...for various reasons (search engines, etc.) I don't state explicitly here.

Perhaps sometime we'll catch up, I get out here every once in a while during the year and sometimes have weekends to travel.

No. I may have use for them a few years down the road.

Mark, may I ask why you're quitting. Are you tired of the game itself? Burnout? Time constraints? Family/girlfriend/wife? You could just need a break. We all need one from time to time. I hope the friends you met while gaming stay friends. I've been gaming with my group for over 3 years and if this group broke up, I'd loose some of the best friends I ever had.

Mark' date=' may I ask why you're quitting. Are you tired of the game itself? Burnout? Time constraints? Family/girlfriend/wife? You could just need a break. We all need one from time to time. I hope the friends you met while gaming stay friends. I've been gaming with my group for over 3 years and if this group broke up, I'd loose some of the best friends I ever had.[/quote']

My plan was to get out of gaming and Pern, and get rid of my computer and video stuff and read more, start doing magic again, and do a lot more photography.

Fate, it seems, has other plans for me. I may be back sooner than I expected.

Gaming is like crack dude' date=' you were brave to quit cold turkey! :)[/quote']

In the old days, I played D&D, then GMed D&D, V&V, Elfquest, Mechwarrior, Champions (version 3), and a home-brew Pern RPG based, I think, on Runequest.

I haven't played, or GMed, since 1988. Since then, I've just tried to create a campaign to run. I'm still thinking of doing it in Pittsburgh. I just may start tossing ideas out here in May.

• 2 weeks later...

In the old days, I played D&D, then GMed D&D, V&V, Elfquest, Mechwarrior, Champions (version 3), and a home-brew Pern RPG based, I think, on Runequest.

I haven't played, or GMed, since 1988. Since then, I've just tried to create a campaign to run. I'm still thinking of doing it in Pittsburgh. I just may start tossing ideas out here in May.

I just may start posting again regularry before May. It just depends upon how long it takes my crazy ideas to perculate in my head.