The thing's I've learned playing a Brick...

Bloodstone

Re: The thing's I've learned playing a Brick...

For some reason many foes will assume that just because you're brawny' date=' you must be stupid- Feel free to prey on their presumptions if it gives you an edge[/b']

Had a character based on this, he was a incredible Hulk like clone:

Nerdy Rocket Scientist

OIHID a bunch of STR, Defences, Leaping, etc...

Everyone just assumed he got dumb (He did look like a Neanderthal), however he retained his IQ, and liked to let people think he was an idiot

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you have to rip up the floor, you always have a ranged attack

If you have a solo brick and have no movement or ranged attack powers, a psych lim preventing you from destroying private property is probably worth more points then the table allows.

Four throwing penalty skill levels will help mean that you can throw anything without penalty and if you throw in a few 2pt range penalty levels, you don't need to be fast. Throw in Rapid Attack:HtoH and 2 "Sweep OCV" penalty levels, and you can grab objects of opportunity and throw them in the one phase. (You could also do this to simply pound someone with reach, grab one guy and use him as a club, etc, etc...)

One PSL for offsetting the -1 OCV for the Grab maneuver might be the best 1 point investment there is.

(you could just punch somebody for your STR damage or you could grab them and squeeze - and then keep doing it until they break free (yeah, right) or you squeeze them into GMO land)

For some reason many foes will assume that just because you're brawny' date=' you must be stupid- Feel free to prey on their presumptions if it gives you an edge[/b']
Heh. Our team brick Silhouette has a 28 INT and won a Nobel Prize in Physics in her Secret ID. She loves disabusing opponents of the notion that "brick = dumb." :eg:

Having no ranged attacks and no flight or other movement abilities is a very bad idea in a solo caimpaign

My Golden Age team was like that. They had two bricks and a martial artist. The MA had some gliding and the brick some leaping but that was about it. I was sorely tempted at times to just toss some flying EB's their way with no range modifier advantage and just take potshots at them.

Strength bought AE 1 Hex gives a Brick an attack vs. 0 DCV against adversaries in adjacent hexes' date=' even Martial Artists who dodge = Dive or die Grasshopper! (Don't want to hit your friends? Buy your fists AE 1 Hex Selective :) )[/b']

A Hex has a 3 dcv not a zero.

Move Through = your friend

Buy some combat skill levels to cancel out the penality and you good to go. Remember, kids you have a lot of STUN so if the target takes no knockback it hurts you, but to a non-brick (translate: :eg: anyone with low STUN) it often means lights out!

1" of Stretching goes a long way, especially as it's inherently indirect. This let's you pound almost any grounded opponent from above, putting all the knockback into a very immovable object.:eg: (Just don't try this on the 12th story of a building that's having enough trouble coping with you fight as it is. All that KB and Falling damage get's doled out in "dribs and drabs.":thumbdown)