Iron-Man Movie!

levi

Re: Iron-Man Movie!

Hopefully this will be up there with The Hulk' date=' the X-men movies and the Spiderman moves. Please don't let it be down with Electra and The Punisher. (Although, anything was better than Dolf Lundgren...)[/quote']

Um... the Punisher was better than the Hulk.

Sadly' date=' the Iron Man rogues gallery is virtually non-existent. Aside from the Mandarin (who would be far too politically incorrect for modern Hollywoodland) there really isn't much there. Stane and the Iron Monger are good foils, but they really require delving into Stark's history more than any single movie could accomplish. Modok would be...disturbing. Either it would look real (which is a bit too gross to contemplate) or it would look false, in which case what's the point? Still, I'm anxious to see where this movie goes. It's much easier to get excited when the director doesn't have open scorn for the material.[/quote']

List-o-Iron-Man-foes. Take yer pick.

1. Black Widow (Not Always A Villain)
  2. Blacklash
  3. Blizzard
  4. Controller
  5. Count Nefaria
  6. Crimson Dynamo
  7. Fin Fang Foom
  8. Firebrand
  9. Gargantus
  10. Ghost
  11. Grey Gargoyle
  12. Iron Monger
  13. Justin Hammer
  14. Living Laser
  15. M.O.D.O.K.
  16. Madame Masque
  17. Magma (Jonathan Darque)
  18. Man-Bull
  19. Mandarin
  20. Melter
  21. Nitro
  22. Obadiah Stane
  23. Radioactive Man
  24. Scarecrow
  25. Spymaster
  26. Sunset Bain
  27. Sunturion
  28. The Advisor
  29. The Ghost
  30. The Living Laser
  31. The Melter
  32. The Titanium Man
  33. The Unicorn
  34. Titanium Man
  35. Ultimo
  36. Unicorn
  37. Whiplash
  38. Whirlwind

Well, I'm still itching for a Superhero crossover movie.

You know, Iron Man and Spidey teaming up, that sort of stuff.

Interesting mixture of villains, etc.

The only thing I can think of for Iron Man, sadly, is some sort of paramilitary conspiracy.

Still, it could be interesting.

Well, I know he's not really part of Tony's Rogues' Gallery (at least, not beyond the fact that he's part of everyone's Rogues' Gallery), but Dr. Doom would be a logical choice, and more recognizable to the casual fan than the other choices people have suggested.

I do like the FenrisUlf's suggestion, too. Shades of the Sentient Armor, with ABSOLULTELY NO MENTION of the Y2K bug.

There is one big problem with using Dr. Doom. The Iron Man movie will be from Paramount, and the Fantastic Four movie was from Fox. And never the twain shall meet. Same reason Spider-Man (Sony) won't show up in this movie. Only DC movies have the potential for this type of cross-over, since they are all owned by Warner Brothers.

How about this for an idea: Tony Stark and Hank Pym working together to bring about the next generation of robotics. Ultron is the first prototype, and the AI is incomplete and self-writing. In a creepy, totally-logical fasion it determines that killing people will solve society's problems and bring about world peace or something. Pym, being a genius at miniaturization, helps Stark with his Iron Man armor in an attempt to stop Ultron.

Just my 0.02

Oh! Idea! I will confess, I don't know who Hank Pym is, but I gather that he... might be a villain? Anyway... it doesn't matter.

Go with the whole Ultron/rogue A.I. bit... and then have Tony Stark have to go to someone whom he'd thought he would never work with again... someone who betrayed him, and is in jail for his crimes, in order to help him create the Iron Man suit to take down Ultron.

So, you would have 3 conflicting interests: Ultron, Tony, and the criminal (who wants the suits for himself)....

How's that?

I kind of like the "Tony Stark created Ultron idea" that has possibilities.

Otherwise: Tony Stark creates the Iron Man armor as a prototype for a government weapon(Tony did get government funding and ability to operate in the US by promising to make scaled down armor for the government). Justin Hammer hires the Ghost to steal the technology so he can sell it on the black market to the highest bidder. Whoever is paying Hammer, has their own "superpowered bodyguard/agent", maybe Living Laser, if we want to stick with Iron Man's rogue's gallery. Or better yet, make it Mandarin with no rings. Just make him a "rogue" Chinese military official who wants to conquer the world. A Chinese version of the old Bond Russians. At the end of the movie, he sets a self destruct sequence on the base where the final battle takes place, and gets away while Ghost is fighting Iron Man. In the process, the Mandarin stumbles across the crashed space ship/long forgotten secret alien base(however you want to do it) and finds the rings. Which of course sets up movie 2.

I don't want Tom Cruise anywhere near the IM role. He's an overrated actor anymore. The guy has been coasting since Jerry McGuire. Leo is a great actor, but again, he seems like his best work is behind him. Definitely better him than Cruise though.

27. Sunturion

Now that is an interesting suggestion. :) Sunturion was an unwilling supervillain, an idealistic scientist who compromised his ideals for the funding to build his great project; just the kind of pawn that a mastermind like Justin Hammer or Obadiah Stane could use against Stark/Iron Man.

I will confess' date=' I don't know who Hank Pym is, but I gather that he... might be a villain?[/quote']

One of the founders of the Avengers, in the guise of Ant-Man. Has also superheroed as Giant-Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, and plain Dr. Henry Pym, super-scientist. He's a world-class biophysicist, discoverer of the "Pym Particle" which allows for size/mass changes. He created Ultron, albeit slightly accidentally. He's also the ex-husband of the Wasp, another founding Avenger, who owes her powers to his inventions.

Iron Man is perfect for today's CGI grandeur and technological heroes, à la Sky Captain. An Iron Man movie should stay on the tech side, avoiding overly costumed and fantaisist vilains.

Nucleon would imagine that as a superpowered 007 adventure, substituing governments for corporations. It would make sense to picture Stark as a capitalistic weaponmaker. Both Spymaster and War Machine (the one from volume II was awesome) could make excellent vilains. Maybe also Madame Masque as an ambiguous romantic interest.

The armor should stay the same, albeit with a darker shine, of course. It should be destroyed towards the end of the movie to leave place for a dramatic, spectacular prototype.

Verily, this movie could rock IHO.

I'm just wondering which era Tony Stark are they gonna use.

You have.

1) Combat injury/heart problem Tony.

2) Drunk and Bitter Tony

3) I got shot by an ex-girlfriend and paralyzed Tony

4) Ex-combat vetran, recoverd alcoholic, got a microchip in my spine so i can walk, and I need to get someone else to do this job (James Rhodes) Tony.

Looking at the list id say that Tony is heading for a nervous breakdown like his real world inspiration Howard Hughes.

If I was Hit by shrapnel in a war, held ina vietnam concentration camp till i decided to build them a weapon ti win the war, came back became a drunk, got shot by a jealous girl-friend, and then had to deal with a friend trying to whoop my butt with my own powered armor id be a little upset.

List-o-Iron-Man-foes. Take yer pick.

1. Black Widow (Not Always A Villain)
  2. Blacklash
  3. Blizzard
  4. Controller
  5. Count Nefaria
  6. Crimson Dynamo
  7. Fin Fang Foom
  8. Firebrand
  9. Gargantus
  10. Ghost
  11. Grey Gargoyle
  12. Iron Monger
  13. Justin Hammer
  14. Living Laser
  15. M.O.D.O.K.
  16. Madame Masque
  17. Magma (Jonathan Darque)
  18. Man-Bull
  19. Mandarin
  20. Melter
  21. Nitro
  22. Obadiah Stane
  23. Radioactive Man
  24. Scarecrow
  25. Spymaster
  26. Sunset Bain
  27. Sunturion
  28. The Advisor
  29. The Ghost
  30. The Living Laser
  31. The Melter
  32. The Titanium Man
  33. The Unicorn
  34. Titanium Man
  35. Ultimo
  36. Unicorn
  37. Whiplash
  38. Whirlwind

Ok, I have to give kudos to John for this list as well as his WW Rogues Gallery list. As a villain enthusiast I'm impressed, especially since I have stated before that I believe these are two of the weakest galleries in comicdom. Nice work, John :thumbup: Three comments:

You listed Titanium Man twice ;)

Weren't Whiplash and Blacklash the same guy?

I think if I had to select a movie worthy villain from this list it would be the Living Laser. The special effects alone could break the budget, but what a spectacle! We could even get the tyransition from human to being of pure energy...yay!

Ok, I have to give kudos to John for this list as well as his WW Rogues Gallery list. As a villain enthusiast I'm impressed, especially since I have stated before that I believe these are two of the weakest galleries in comicdom. Nice work, John :thumbup: Three comments:

You listed Titanium Man twice ;)

Weren't Whiplash and Blacklash the same guy?

You are correct. It's been long enough since the name change that I had forgotten they were the same person.

JD

The main problem i see is who going to play the bad guy. It gets boring if it turns out Stark builds the armor and the govt. tries to take it.

I also can't see the Mandarin in this one. People might get him confused with Ras al Ghul in Batman begins.

I don't see that happening. I for one hope it is the Mandarin.