Order of the Stick

Rapier

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Order of the Stick

I feel it would have been more impressive if Roy had dodged rather than be knockedback through the pillars. Save some HP for the final battle!

For that, there is the "ol clerics featherfall". And it asumes there even is a final battle. After all the gladiator Roy just beat the champion, V beat the the Kobold and the Drow and Belkar got beaten by his cat.

So all that is left is Elan+Durkon vs. Nale+Sabine.

:ugly:

Aren't they on the same side?

And re: Roy's win: WOOT! Way to go! Win one for the smart guys!

Belkar is on the side of unnessesary pain and blodshed. So he was the greater danger than the kobold.

Did anyone else notice

the guards dragging a bound-and-gagged Z'ddrt away in the background?

That doesn't bode well, IMHO!

I noticed. I guess seeing a linear guild member defeat gave Roy the determination/security to end his fight too (he was dragging it out to draw tarquins atention to him, after all).

I wonder where the sword and their other equipment came from.

Afaik that was impounded when they were imprisioned and belkar didn't had his stuff or an additional bag of holding when comming to the pile.

Haley "liberated" it after she talked with Roy and her dad, if I recall correctly.

I wonder where the sword and their other equipment came from.

Afaik that was impounded when they were imprisioned and belkar didn't had his stuff or an additional bag of holding when comming to the pile.

Belkar and Roy’s gear taken from them between 734 & 736. It is off screen so we don’t know exactly what happened to it. It seems plenty possible that Elan asked his dad for the gear as a favor at some point with the intent to give it back to Roy and Belkar. It’s also possible that Elan and Haley snagged it when they broke into the prison. This might have been explained, but didn’t see a need to go through 50 comics looking for one line about that.

Actually, I did look it up. Roy asked Haley to grab it gear in #773. So there you go.

As for Belkar’s line in 809, I’d say the ambiguity just adds more funny to the panel.

I want more Giant Strengthed Mr. Scruffy.

I guess that's why nobody targets a Wizard's Familiar, no one notices it's there.

JG

You get so accustomed to seeing them it's like you look right through them.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary just says familiarity breeds contempt