Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

In other genres, the drow would have said "You have won this day Hero!" and escaped via a chute behind his throne. It's a clear cut case of a re-ocuring villein getting thrashed and escaping. Only the twist is that the hero is the one doing the "running" (via a forced plane shift) rather then the bad guy.

So full XP.

So' date=' does V get XP for that encounter or what? How does that sort of thing get adjudicated in an "XP for beating stuff" system?[/quote']

The wording is "overcomming", not beating. Sneaking past an ogre is overcomming him.

When the enemies last action is to put some distance (in this chase the boundaries between the planes) between you and him, I would say he was overcome and on the run.

But that makes me wonder:

Did he intended to use that spell as escape/for something important or was it his "last effort" action to at least disable V in the first place?

Let's see, GM makes a villain essentially 'immune' to the PC's powers. PC finds a way to turn No Win Scenerio around.

Yeah, V better get some experience points out of this one or at least one player is going to be pissed and won't be chipping in for the pizza :)

If Thog likes puppies, why doesn't he like pretty girls?

:winkgrin:

They're harder to train, less loyal, more likely to turn on you viciously, FAR more likely to turn on each other even more viciously...shall I go on?

Lucius Alexander

and then there's palindromedaries

If he does find out' date=' it will mean another kobold skull will temporarily adorn Belkar's head.[/quote']

Or vice versa. Belkar is due to die soon but we don't know how.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suspects Belkar will find it very bitter to leaf a life he enjoys so much.

But Belkar only asked him' date=' if he would kill at leas one person from a long list (among others the Oracle and Roy). A Prophecy fulfilled when Belkar killed the Oracle.[/quote']

I believe the prophesy James was referring to is here:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0329.html

"I'm just thinking he [belkar] should savor his next birthday cake."

I believe the prophesy James was referring to is here:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0329.html

"I'm just thinking he [belkar] should savor his next birthday cake."

Hmm. Did he had a Birthday lately? The other forgotten propecies where rahter short-timed and this could already have been fullfilled.