Order of the Stick

Rapier

My information is 30 years out of date, but....

There was no "Bigby's Hand" spell, there were a number of spells of different Levels with names like "Bigby's Interposing Hand, Bigby's Forceful Hand, Bigby's Clenched Fist" etc.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says you gotta hand it to that Greywind, without whom we would be misspelling Bigby's name

I think in this case it is the lynchpin holding the whole plan into place:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1007.html

"Hel may have created me, but She shaped me to fit perfectly in the hole in your heart."

....so if that hole is healed??

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says vampires suck and, apparently, live in Hel holes

New one is up...

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1025.html

And given that this is how Wrecan came to be... very touching

(An explanation from Rich when he first introduced the character)

I also fulfilled another promise with today's strip, if a less joyous one. Mark Monack, who went by the screen name "Wrecan," was a pillar of the message board community for many years. He was, among his other roles, the founder of one of the forum's odder traditions: counting the number of strips each character appears in, a project thatcontinues many years after he began it. When he passed in 2013, I asked his wife Jodie if there was anything I could do to help out. She told me he would have loved nothing more than to have a walk-on character named Wrecan in OOTS. Now, there is one.

"Now get on your flying boat and go stop a crazy Dwarf Vampire from committing election fraud."

This is the kind of thing we play role playing games for.

The crazy awesome stuff that even the guy who runs the game probably wasn't expecting to be what would happen.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary asks if that's not what we live life for?

• 2 weeks later...

"How was lunch? Lunch sucked. No, wait. I know what you're going to say. How could it have sucked? I mean, Good? She's so cheerful and fun, always so nice. And Evil? The way he drops sarcastic lilnes, his cynicism, so refreshing! Yeah. Sounds like fun. If they're at the table. But, oh, maybe they're there for precisely long enough to order and have, like, half their drinks, and then she's winking at him, and they're disappearing into the washroom. And you're left sitting there for two hours while the waitstaff is getting all impatient, and finally the come up to you and ask you if your friends are coming back, and if you mind settling the bill for three entrees, two appetisers, three drinks, and the five coffees you've had while watching ESPN 8 over the crowd at the bar. So you do. And you leave. And you check your messages, and, eventually they admit that they snuck out through the back window and had hate sex in the alley. At least Good volunteered to pay her bill, but now she's ragging on me for not tipping enough."

"How was lunch? Lunch sucked. No, wait. I know what you're going to say. How could it have sucked? I mean, Good? She's so cheerful and fun, always so nice. And Evil? The way he drops sarcastic lilnes, his cynicism, so refreshing! Yeah. Sounds like fun. If they're at the table. But, oh, maybe they're there for precisely long enough to order and have, like, half their drinks, and then she's winking at him, and they're disappearing into the washroom. And you're left sitting there for two hours while the waitstaff is getting all impatient, and finally the come up to you and ask you if your friends are coming back, and if you mind settling the bill for three entrees, two appetisers, three drinks, and the five coffees you've had while watching ESPN 8 over the crowd at the bar. So you do. And you leave. And you check your messages, and, eventually they admit that they snuck out through the back window and had hate sex in the alley. At least Good volunteered to pay her bill, but now she's ragging on me for not tipping enough."

How was the saying again? Neutral swings both ways? Has a totally new meaning now.