Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Good to see something a little different, Storn. I just want to bring up something that I'm sure you already know - that the term "martial arts" also includes styles like boxing, wrestling, fencing, etc. A fight scene set in the "west" shouldn't look like something from a Hong Kong movie, no matter how much the writer enjoys them.

I'm really enjoying "Catspaw", so please keep up the (extremely) good work. :thumbup:

Our martial arts fight continues with a new page today! Come check out Catspaw! Page 9 of Chapter One is up!

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/storn/

I got Catspaw added to Piperka.net, a useful webcomics tracker. Once you've set up an account and subscribed to Catspaw, your Piperka update page will let you know when there are unread pages. It's especially good when there's a large archive you want to work through, as it will keep track of where you left off, and take you to the next unread strip.

Possibly not useful to people who only want to read Storn's work, but if you've subscribed to over 30 webcomics... :)

Got a couple of commissions done over the weekend. Thought I would share. First, stablehand who has problems with being very lucky and very unlucky.

Berilo72.jpg

Then a parkour, dark champions level, super.

Parkour72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Got a couple of commissions done over the weekend. Thought I would share. First, stablehand who has problems with being very lucky and very unlucky.

Berilo72.jpg

Then a parkour, dark champions level, super.

Parkour72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

what's a parkour?

. . . Extra Running' date=' extra Leaping, and Acrobatics. :)[/quote']

6 Running +3" (9" total)

4 Naked Advantage: Useable as Leaping(+1/4) on 18 AP of Running

3 Naked Advantage: Useable as Swinging(+1/4) on 18 AP of Running - OIF(Rope/Cable of Opportunity; -1/2)

5 Clinging - Must Move Next Phase Or Fall Unless Handholds Are Present(-1/2)

3 Acrobatics

Plus some additional PD to handle the bruising from the long falls.

3 Breakfall

:)

appropriatate he's called a parkour he moves like peter parker after the radioactive spider bit him if you take my meaning

thanks again

Yes, Spider man is like the ultimate Parkour. Actually, it's also called 'Free Running', and it's actually based of Jackie Chan movies, the older ones where he did his own stunts and the like.

6 Running +3" (9" total)

4 Naked Advantage: Useable as Leaping(+1/4) on 18 AP of Running

3 Naked Advantage: Useable as Swinging(+1/4) on 18 AP of Running - OIF(Rope/Cable of Opportunity; -1/2)

5 Clinging - Must Move Next Phase Or Fall Unless Handholds Are Present(-1/2)

3 Acrobatics

3 Breakfall

We used

Naked Advantage - Flight Ground surface contact only

Instead of the clinging. :)

It also allowed leap tricks that normal leaping couldn't account for. :)

We used

Naked Advantage - Flight Ground surface contact only

Instead of the clinging. :)

It also allowed leap tricks that normal leaping couldn't account for. :)

If the Flight (however it was purchased) has the Limitation Ground Surface Contact Only -- how do you use it to leap and thereby break contact with said Ground Surface? :winkgrin:

Not to mention that pesky Turn Mode that Flight (however achieved) has.

If the Flight (however it was purchased) has the Limitation Ground Surface Contact Only -- how do you use it to leap and thereby break contact with said Ground Surface? :winkgrin:

I think we actually phrased it as "Must start and end on a surface" - and we also had use as superleap. One was for a Jackie Chan / Captain America "bounce up a corner to get to the roof" or "flagpole to awning to ledge to roof" series of jumps. Mostly straight up - flight worked best that way for us. :)

Congratulations on pointing out the skull-whomping stupidity of the Movement Usable As some other damn type of movement advantage. Is it so frickin' hard to just write up a movement Multipower? :mad:

The parkour picture is tres' cool though. The clothing drapes well and reflects the movement of the pose.