Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Hey Everybody,

Could somebody please repost the picture of the big Mommoth guy pushing a tree over. Seems i've lost it and it's not showing up on the past posts- it'd be much appreciated.

:)

Damn, I just got this image of a large anthropomorphic mammoth wearing a polka-dot dress and apron, wielding a large rolling pin and yelling, "You get in the house this instant, young man! Just wait 'til your father gets home!" :ugly:

Must be Monday. :doi:

Hey Everybody,

Could somebody please repost the picture of the big Mommoth guy pushing a tree over. Seems i've lost it and it's not showing up on the past posts- it'd be much appreciated.

:)

I am starting to run out of room on my photobucket account. Not wanting to upgrade to the next tier, I'm starting to weed out stuff. The superhero commissions are going to be the hardest hit because I have SOOOO many samples of those... and I want to cut down on them a bit on the site. Art Directors do sometimes look at my photobucket for how I sketch and silly projects I've might have done... so I don't want to have it be overwhelmingly super hero/villains.

A real mixed bag of stuff this time around.

First up, a map I did in a quick and dirty method. It is for a Burning Wheel solo game that I'm in with Judd aka Paka. Scanned pencils for most of the geographical features. Lettering done in Photoshop with the Dragonbones font from Blambot. The coloring done in Painter, primarily with a "wet oil" brush... which gives it a bit of funky texture which I like, then the wet blender tool to mush stuff around a bit, like in the hills, mtns. Hope you like.

13Cities72.jpg

Here is a link to a higher resolution:

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs43/f/2009/114/d/f/13_Cities_by_Storn_Cook.jpg

Then, here is Judd's b-day present. Pencils that I'm giving to him, but I'm gonna work this up as a sample. This is from an incident in our Saturday D&D game, with Melech the Red there backstabbing a green dragon to great effect. I'm told. I wasn't there, darn it. (Actually, I was having a wonderful time visiting Millie's daughter Anaiis in PA with Millie)

I am going to try and keep track of the interim steps and post them as I get them done on this project. Although, since it is a for-me project, it is not a higher priority.

MelvsGr72.jpg

And lastly, another superhero, this time another character from RDU, The Silencer. A PC that I don't *think* I ever played with. The player Geoff was in a different group than mine at that time. RDU Neil ran multiple groups and we all kinda mixed and matched as needed for logistics, schedules and campaign compatibility. Now, I am in an online game with Geoff's Speedball as part of the Mavericks.

Silencer72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

OK after spending the better part of a weekend making up my version of a "Stornverse" file, I want to know if Death Tribble has a website with all the Stornpics that have been removed posted so I can steal...er borrow them.

OK after spending the better part of a weekend making up my version of a "Stornverse" file' date=' I want to know if Death Tribble has a website with all the Stornpics that have been removed posted so I can steal...er borrow them.[/quote']

I wish I could email you my Storn's Art Resources file.

Sighs...

QM

OK after spending the better part of a weekend making up my version of a "Stornverse" file, I want to know if Death Tribble has a website with all the Stornpics that have been removed posted so I can steal...er borrow them.

Stornverse? What is this? Are you creating characters for all the Storn pictures you can find? If so do you have Troll? I found him in the free download from DrivethruRPG; in the M&M book Villainomicon! (At least it was free when I got it :-)) I don't think I can post him, but I see no reason why I can't tell you where to find him. I don't think he ever made it to this thread; but I think he is one of the bettter Storn pictures I just stumbled onto.

OK after spending the better part of a weekend making up my version of a "Stornverse" file' date=' I want to know if Death Tribble has a website with all the Stornpics that have been removed posted so I can steal...er borrow them.[/quote']

If you want Hawknight, I download and post all of Storn's artwork that he posts here to my Picasa web album located here: http://picasaweb.google.com/keith.pepin

The Picasa album allows me to keep my folders on a few different computers in sync whenever he posts new stuff here. :)

Feel free to get them all there if you like.

Keith

If you want Hawknight, I download and post all of Storn's artwork that he posts here to my Picasa web album located here: http://picasaweb.google.com/keith.pepin

The Picasa album allows me to keep my folders on a few different computers in sync whenever he posts new stuff here. :)

Feel free to get them all there if you like.

Keith

Not bad. I reckon you are missing about 9 of the pics 4 of which I am pretty certain of, The Flame and Alu Demon from the year 1 commissions, Dr Snail from year 2 and Pterra Don from year 3. The others I would have to check.

And no I do not have a website for my commissions.

Not bad. I reckon you are missing about 9 of the pics 4 of which I am pretty certain of, The Flame and Alu Demon from the year 1 commissions, Dr Snail from year 2 and Pterra Don from year 3. The others I would have to check.

And no I do not have a website for my commissions.

I'm happy to add the missing 9 pics if folks can help me figure out where in this thread they currently reside. :)

Keith

P.S. I should point out that the gallery reflects some personal bias on my part... up until now I only included pics if I thought I might use them, which is probably why Dr. Snail and Ptera Don were AWOL. They are great concepts, they just didn't fit my campaign at the time they came out.

************ update *************

Ok, found some of the missing pics:

Dr. Snail

Pterra Don

Alu Demon

The Flame

Death Tribble - No worries about not having a site to show off. Thank you from all of us for the serious business you send Storn's way. You rock.

Keith - I'm having trouble with Picasa. I get to your page, then when I hit the Storn link, nothing shows up. Both of the other links work. When I try to link "the Flame" from your post above, I get nothing. Do I need to sign up for picasa or what (skill: picasa 3 or less)

We've got Doc Rocket!

DocRocket72.jpg

Does anyone know where I get a writeup for this guy?????

I just see him getting cord tangle. A serious catastrophic case of cord tangle.

"Stop, villain! You may be the master of muck, but I have just the machine...that...is...hmm...stuck...no wait...where are you going...this will only take a minute...argh...maybe if I stick this loop through that loop...come back...oh that made it worse...ow...oh now he got away...I swear one of these days I'm gonna pick me up some batteries."

[quote= I just see him getting cord tangle. A serious catastrophic case of cord tangle.

"Stop, villain! You may be the master of muck, but I have just the machine...that...is...hmm...stuck...no wait...where are you going...this will only take a minute...argh...maybe if I stick this loop through that loop...come back...oh that made it worse...ow...oh now he got away...I swear one of these days I'm gonna pick me up some batteries."

I have to agree with your statment. I am getting ready to run Wings of the Valkyre and I think he would make a better Dr. Jacob Litvak than the one in the module. That is why I would like his stats. ;)

@ Bengalelf:

I'm actually the player of Doc Rocket in the Golden Age Champions playtest that the recent batch of pictures came from. Send me a PM with your e-mail and I'd be happy to e-mail his Hero Designer file, or an HTML character sheet if you don't have Hero Designer.

More superhero/villain pics from various commissions.

First up we have a female master of all 4 elements...

Elemental72.jpg

Then brief I got on this one was one spike per hand wolverine clone (except with blond hair, trim close to skull) and an alternate form that was similar to Colossus.

Evan72.jpg

Next, we get a mentalist for Death Tribble. Wanted a strong pose, but no hands up to forehead ala Prof X.

Mindstorm72.jpg

And lastly, a quick sketchy CD cover for my good friend Eli who is collaborating with a dj. It is a hip hop group is just called DJ SpeedDemon and Figadowdme.

Elifunk72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

More superhero/villain pics from various commissions.

First up we have a female master of all 4 elements...

Elemental72.jpg

I love this character, always like seeing Champions-type characters that aren't in spandex.