Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

This is a character from a game my group played' date=' actually. He was evolving as the adventures continued... but, here's the miniature that I made for him. Not the best paint job, but it was good enough for the table.[/quote']

Ok. How did you make it? What did you piece together?

I have a PC in my group that is a Caporiesta an this would fit perfectly, except for the female and animal part.

Ok. How did you make it? What did you piece together?

I have a PC in my group that is a Caporiesta an this would fit perfectly, except for the female and animal part.

Uh... female? its not female. I can see how you see that, given the angle, though. I'll explain it further below.

He's from Crocodile Miniatures/Wargods of Aegyptus' date=' if I'm not mistaken.[/quote']

Teh Bunneh is correct, that's the miniature in the middle. I made it by simply bending the miniature into the position I want, and sculpting on the ragged pants and torn shirt by mashing some putty into place and then fraying the ends. No actual sculpting skill required. Be careful when you bend it, if you're going to do that, as the arm snapped on mine and I had to put it back together with a pin and some putty. It shouldn't be hard to file down the ears and face to make it look more human. Just use one with a pointy tip so you can groove the nose to look more human. Otherwise, the hair and stuff work fine for a person. The paint job was just base coat, a light wash, and some directed dry-brushing with some free-hand stripes. Obviously, you can skip that part. =) I decided it was easier to just leave the ball rather than try to wittle it away and replant. At the time, I was quite burned out on miniatures and I just had to push myself into finishing it.

NP. :) If you're confident in your conversion abilities' date=' it wouldn't be too hard to cut off the cat-like head with a pin saw and glue a replacement head on. Head-swaps are pretty easy.[/quote']

Oh sure, give him the easy way out... :D I never did like smoothing out the neck afterwards, though, so I have a tendency to reshape the one that's on it. Then again, some miniatures don't need it...

If you need a bunch of heads, check out Hasslefree Miniatures, they have just heads on a sprues along with weapons and such.

NP. :) If you're confident in your conversion abilities' date=' it wouldn't be too hard to cut off the cat-like head with a pin saw and glue a replacement head on. Head-swaps are pretty easy.[/quote']

...Sayeth Dr. Frankenstein. ;)

Oh sure, give him the easy way out... :D I never did like smoothing out the neck afterwards, though, so I have a tendency to reshape the one that's on it. Then again, some miniatures don't need it...

If you need a bunch of heads, check out Hasslefree Miniatures, they have just heads on a sprues along with weapons and such.

You could use that to build a Zaphod mini!

Mark_Wing-Davey_as_Zaphod_Beeblebrox.jpg

Death Tribble has a soft spot for WWII flag characters... I have done a Canuck (Red Ensign, one of my favs) and a Yank (Grunt) with a definite WWII uniform/ weapon feel...but still got a touch of superhero in them. He asked for a russian one (I did a russian tanker turned cryokinetic awhile back)... but DT specifically wanted the PPsh (I added the Makarov).... I think we might eventually have an entire international flag WWII squad at some point.

I called the character Red Star, I know that there are a couple of actual comic characters named that. But this is my take on the name. Maybe someone can come up with a better name... the only one I thought of was Bolshevik Bruiser... just cause I love alliteration. And that is too long for a file name (along with sk for sketch, F for final or 72 for 72 dpi).

RedStar72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Death Tribble has a soft spot for WWII flag characters... I have done a Canuck (Red Ensign, one of my favs) and a Yank (Grunt) with a definite WWII uniform/ weapon feel...but still got a touch of superhero in them. He asked for a russian one (I did a russian tanker turned cryokinetic awhile back)... but DT specifically wanted the PPsh (I added the Makarov).... I think we might eventually have an entire international flag WWII squad at some point.

I called the character Red Star, I know that there are a couple of actual comic characters named that. But this is my take on the name. Maybe someone can come up with a better name... the only one I thought of was Bolshevik Bruiser... just cause I love alliteration. And that is too long for a file name (along with sk for sketch, F for final or 72 for 72 dpi).

RedStar72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

I would be tempted to call him Great Patriot, derived from The Great Patriotic War. большой патриот in Russian, still trying to find a good source for an Anglisized version of the Russian name. Maybe ask Narratio?

RedStar72.jpg

How about the Proletarian?

Tribble, it is in your email, but I did get you were outta the office post...which I expected because ya told me. But yeah, surprise!

Hi folks, I do the occasional map as well. This is for Paka's Burning Wheel game. Hope y'all like seeing something a bit different from me.

Trinitymap85.jpg