Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

For those that are interested, Jabberwock is a brick that I built way back in 1st edition and who has shown up in a few different campaigns over the years, so when DT offered to do one of the Dark Wonderland ideas as a commission, he was easily my first pick (thanks again DT!!!!!). I've got a character sheet and hero file if anyone wants to see the stats to go with the concept. His powers are obviously based on the fictional Lewis Caroll character from the poem Jabberwocky.

jabberwocky.jpg

JABBERWOCKY

Lewis Carroll

(from Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, 1872)

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:

All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!

The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun

The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:

Long time the manxome foe he sought --

So rested he by the Tumtum tree,

And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,

The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,

Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,

And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through

The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

He left it dead, and with its head

He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?

Come to my arms, my beamish boy!

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'

He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe.

I recall a Jabberwock from an early Enemies book' date=' not the same one, I take it?[/quote']

I think you may be thinking of "Jabberrock", a brick with stone hard skin (a la "The Thing") but with a smaller build and blazing eyes that could project some kind of blast, drain or transform.

I remember the Lewis Carroll poem' date=' but had never seen it illustrated. Cool find.[/quote']

The illustration is one of the originals done by Sir John Tenniel, and it appears in the 1st edition printing of Lewis Carrol's classic Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There (1871).

I think you may be thinking of "Jabberrock"' date=' a brick with stone hard skin (a la "The Thing") but with a smaller build and blazing eyes that could project some kind of blast, drain or transform.[/quote']

Jabberrock wasn't a brick. He was a martial artist with a 13 STR and 60 Con. But yeah

Yeah' date=' and like... a 9 DEX? Or something like that. His stats made [b']no[/b] sense at all.

They made sense in that he was a martial artist, and likely higher DEXed, before he got his scabby skin powers that made him tough and kinda clumsy. But, yeah, the incongruity melted my mind when I saw Jabberrock the first time in Enemies III. That book is chock full of wonky.

Jabberrock wasn't a brick. He was a martial artist with a 13 STR and 60 Con. But yeah

Is strength a requirement for a Brick? I always consider a brick someone with high natural defenses, which I thought Jabberrock had (60 CON???). I'll have to go back and check his stats and write up again as I'm obviously off the mark. I only really remember the character for his connections to Prof. Pomegranate and because the name was so close to the character I made.

That sounds just like something straight out of Death Tribble's mind.:D

More like inspired me. The evil Professor comes up (mentioned) in the Hero Quarterly magazines and in Enemies III I believe. Also Champions III.

That was some time before I started having the wild and weird ideas here.

Is strength a requirement for a Brick? I always consider a brick someone with high natural defenses' date=' which I thought Jabberrock had (60 CON???). I'll have to go back and check his stats and write up again as I'm obviously off the mark. I only really remember the character for his connections to Prof. Pomegranate and because the name was so close to the character I made.[/quote']

Good Point....However, his defenses (20def, 10 resist) were about average for many of the martial artists, he had his rka vision, did about 10d6 with a a kick but had find weakness with punch (8d6). And a bunch of levels, an 8 DEX and a 6 spd. He seemed more a hodge podge than any real archetype but I'd still label him a martial artist over brick.

You mean This one?

I used to have that one. The wings are a separate piece and they fall off a lot. (I didn't want to glue them on permanently because it made it harder to pack and transport safely.) A very cool figurine.

I'm getting nostalgic for my long lost collection now. :)

Chimera here is one I did awhile ago, but forgot to post. Another commission that the idea came from someone else, but Death Tribble so nicely paid for it because he liked it.

Chimera72III.jpg

Next is another one of Death Tribble's ideas, which I think sorta fell out from the thread on the Hero Boards on what I should draw next. Very much a Msyterio homage...but with a twist and a call to not do the green color scheme.

Drpisces72.jpg

And this last one... well... it should be bloody obvious. This is to all of my fans and patrons...

Feliz72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Chimera here is one I did awhile ago, but forgot to post. Another commission that the idea came from someone else, but Death Tribble so nicely paid for it because he liked it.

Chimera72III.jpg

Next is another one of Death Tribble's ideas, which I think sorta fell out from the thread on the Hero Boards on what I should draw next. Very much a Msyterio homage...but with a twist and a call to not do the green color scheme.

Drpisces72.jpg

And this last one... well... it should be bloody obvious. This is to all of my fans and patrons...

Feliz72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

it isindeed andthe feeling is mutal MERRY CHRISTMAS

I for one welcome our new goldfish overlord...

...Next is another one of Death Tribble's ideas, which I think sorta fell out from the thread on the Hero Boards on what I should draw next. Very much a Msyterio homage...but with a twist and a call to not do the green color scheme.

Drpisces72.jpg

YES!! :rockon:

:hail: :hail:

Chimera72III.jpg

This is a character from a game my group played, actually. He was evolving as the adventures continued... but, here's the miniature that I made for him. Not the best paint job, but it was good enough for the table.

Chimera was for Bloodstone after he did me a favour regarding some stuff on Deviant Art.

And Yes, Mysterio as a goldfish bowl with a fish in it. For all my loyal fans who want that something weird in their life. After all it has been a little while since FrankenEinstein in April. And the Evil Flying Head.

And if you don't believe me check out Bob Greenwade making the request in the trope thread.

Out of 21 commissions made during the year to Storn and one hangover from last year I have now got 18 up here which is the most productive year I've had for the pics. It does put me over the 70 mark. But being crunched credit wise means it will probably drop to between 12 and 15 next. So the 100 won't be reached until late 2010.