Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Continuing on with my painting via stages, here is the underpainting. I scanned in the pencils and did the underpainting in Painter and Photoshop.

Now I will print it out and in my copious spare time start the oil painting process. I will seal it on a masonite board. Seal it with acrylic medium. Start painting. If I can find my digital camera, I'll take a few shots of interim steps.

MelvsGrU72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

On the Wolvie/Collossus clone's steel neck is that an UPC code? ( Most likely my eyes and monitor are old!)

Not that old. Good eyes. That is exactly what it is supposed to be, despite the tiny amount of space I had to work with.

Hey, Storn, how often is Catspaw supposed to update? It says every Tuesday, but it has been weeks since I read the entire back catalog and nothing new has shown up. It is stuck in the middle of a fight.

Doc

I may have miscounted but I do think you added a couple of others as well.

The two missing are Poley Bear from 2004 and a guy with a tongue witha stinger in the end from last year.

DT - I managed to find Poley Bear. If anyone can find the last guy with the stinger tongue, let me know!

PoleyBear.jpg

Keith - I'm having trouble with Picasa. I get to your page' date=' then when I hit the Storn link, nothing shows up. Both of the other links work. When I try to link "the Flame" from your post above, I get nothing. Do I need to sign up for picasa or what (skill: picasa 3 or less)[/quote']

Hawknight: I'm not sure why you had problems... You may have to create an account but I didn't think so... Try this link and if you have trouble create an account.

Keith's Picasa Collection of Storn's Artwork

Hey, Storn, how often is Catspaw supposed to update? It says every Tuesday, but it has been weeks since I read the entire back catalog and nothing new has shown up. It is stuck in the middle of a fight.

Doc

Ug. Due to so much on my plate, Catspaw has been very quiet. I hope to return to it at some point. but I'm not sure when. Just took a fairly large job for some guys called Hero Games.

It is nice to do something kinda sweet instead of all the sturm and drang, blood and violence that is part and parcel of rpg adventure illustration. I got a chance to do a druid with red pandas. Not sure if they are her "familiars" or just something she has come across.

I used to live right next to the National zoo in DC. Red Pandas were about 10 minutes walking distance from my apartment. They are awfully cute and heck of a lot more interesting than their bigger holstein cousins.

Anyway, enuff blather from me. Here ya go:

Fawn72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

I am just getting very cool ideas from my patrons. Here are two dynamic, haven't done often before, twists on archtypes.

First up, this is Taint. A supervillainess who's got disease abilities... and I'm not sure why, REALLY big clunky boots, despite having crutches. The patron specifically asked for shoes that looked uncomfortable.

Taint72.jpg

Next is Zymba. This patron specifically asked for an action pose, suggesting leaping out at us. Tribal tats. and odd looking daggers, dual wield.

Zymba72.jpg

Just took a fairly large job for some guys called Hero Games.

That's great news. Dunno whether this means Cryptic hired you, or if this is for a non-CU project for 6E, but it's good to see DOJ is still going to be using the best.

I am just getting very cool ideas from my patrons. Here are two dynamic, haven't done often before, twists on archtypes.

First up, this is Taint. A supervillainess who's got disease abilities... and I'm not sure why, REALLY big clunky boots, despite having crutches. The patron specifically asked for shoes that looked uncomfortable.

Taint72.jpg

Next is Zymba. This patron specifically asked for an action pose, suggesting leaping out at us. Tribal tats. and odd looking daggers, dual wield.

Zymba72.jpg

splendid