Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

I'm seeing a flexi-shield on his left arm, throwing knives, smoke pellets, and what looks like a swingline on his right arm. With that build and stance he's probably a martial artist to boot.

You would think I read Enforcer84's writeups or something. ;):D

Great stuff, Storn. Don't know if I'll see you this week... you sounded like you were disappearing right as I got back home. Talk to you later.

Posting from London...

I'm going home to Ithaca to see my folks. I'll be out of touch Monday, and Friday when i come back (8 hours of driving). But I can check my e-mail at the farm and will. So I won't be completely out of touch. Hope your trip was a blast, I wanna hear all about it when we get together ftf.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got Foes of Freedom by Green Ronin for Mutants and Masterminds

Storn's art here is the Foundry (p9), Keres (p11), Scylla (p15), Captain Kraken (p53), Fearmaster (p67), Hades (p72) and the prison scene (p91).

Captain Kraken is my favourite. Like a wingless Cthulhu dressed up as a pirate or a Mind Flayer dressed that way.

Speaking of emails' date=' Storn, did you get my reply to yours?[/quote']

No, Susano, sorry I just checked this thread cause I saw that DT had mentioned FOF. My last e-mail from you, you were still undecided on what character to have me do.

I am swamped until after Oct 15th. Mostly due to the fact that I'm leaving town this Sunday to take part in a painting seminar run by Larry Elmore in Kentucky. Then, of course, story of my life, I have deadlines, TWO, on Oct 15th.

But your commission is first in my queue after Oct 15th.

And, DT? Thanks for the kind words!

Ah, I see. Actually, I was asking you if there was I character of mine you'd like to do. Also, I needed an address to send the CD to (and some time to make it up). It will include pictures of animals, vehicles, military tech (tanks, planes, guns, explosions, HTH weapons, and so on), landscapes, weather, cityscapes, and any other images that might be useful to an artist.

Ah' date=' I see. Actually, I was asking you if there was I character of mine you'd like to do. Also, I needed an address to send the CD to (and some time to make it up). It will include pictures of animals, vehicles, military tech (tanks, planes, guns, explosions, HTH weapons, and so on), landscapes, weather, cityscapes, and any other images that might be useful to an artist.[/quote']

You have quite a few. Why don't you pick.

Just got Foes of Freedom by Green Ronin for Mutants and Masterminds

Storn's art here is the Foundry (p9), Keres (p11), Scylla (p15), Captain Kraken (p53), Fearmaster (p67), Hades (p72) and the prison scene (p91).

Captain Kraken is my favourite. Like a wingless Cthulhu dressed up as a pirate or a Mind Flayer dressed that way.

Preview images of the Foundry, Captain Kraken, Conundrum and the prison scene are available for viewing at Storn's web site, under 'Fresh Art'...

http://www.stornc.rpggallery.com/

JakSpade/David Boddie

Web Dude

• 4 weeks later...

IIRC' date=' last time Storn was in a chat, he mentioned that he was attending one of Larry Elmore's classes, as well as doing some professional stuff ...[/quote']

I'm sure Storn will pop up here eventually, but I chatted with him last night and he was plugging away at a number of jobs, including Death Tribble's. Seemed confident that he was well on the way. Been a busy month for him, and a good one. To hear him tell it, the Elmore seminar was ground breaking for him in a number of ways.

I recall him posting that he had one piece of art to do after the 15th and mine would be started after the 20th. But the paying commissions from the industry came first and then the seminar.

I have met Larry Elmore. Nice guy. Got some prints from him

I also had a chance to meet him ... great guy to talk to and a great artist as well :) Storn was quite lucky to work with a man of his talent

Here is Deathtribble's Demoness.

And MK's Bayushi Tanaka (L5R character)

And Crankyseb's Nightraven

Niiiiiice.

Storn, please send me your address so I can burn the images CD and send it to you.

BTW, any other artists interested in swapping art for a CD crammed with hundreds of reference images I've collected? Animals, vehicles, scads of military tech, landscapes, cityscapes, weather, and so on.

Storn has actually posted the earlier version of the Demoness. The updated version has red tints in her hair. It is important to me but not to the mainstream. The hair is not tinted by use of colourants. Half her soul is demonic so......

whoops. I had made the low resolution jpeg before the changes you requested and then never made another low resolution gal.

Anyways, two more, this time Black Widow and Ironclad for lluthor

Also, since this is my thread, I might as well use it to plug a great website on modern occult/horror campaign. My GM got this up in the last couple of weeks ago. A bit of art is up. It is called 4 aces and all our adventures for the last couple of years are written up. This weekend is another installment.

If you run a modern campaign, I don't care if it is NYC, supers, horror, White Wolf like, or pulp noir detectives, if you are the GM, you have to check out the reference link section. This GM is nutso for research and it shows. But a great source of ideas for y'all out there.

http://www.wwnet.net/~alcatia/fouraces/index.html

And yet another game that I'm in, but fairly rarely, is a Legends of the 5 Rings game. Another excellent site.

http://webpages.charter.net/houseoffun/l5r/index.htm