Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Guest bblackmoor

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Wow, Storn: you're really quite good (why is that a surprise to me? I have no idea). And this site is quite nicely done, as well. Clean, easily navigable, without any extraneous noise or Flash garbage.

Thanks for sharing your art with us. The next time I want to pay someone to draw a character, I know where to go.

Hmm... that gives me an idea. RPG Library has been in need of a face lift for quite some time now... I'll have to ponder this.

• 2 weeks later...

As of June 29th, I have no character commissions. So my schedule is open in spite of the publisher workload.

I'm also very, very poor due to all kinds of financial snarls.

So, if you were thinking about commissioning some artwork, consider this a nudge.

Please check my website out for details, paypal link etc etc. Site address is in my sig below.

Here is some artwork for the upcoming Pinnacle Games Savage World super-villain setting, Necessary Evil. Hopefully the Hero faithful will find lots of ideas and some decent pics to mine for their own games. Enclosed are 4 images as a teaser.

posted with permission from PEG

Hi Storn,

I dropped you a note on the 29th re: two possible character commissions - I was just wondering if you received it?

It would have come from a warwick.ac.uk account.

Thanks,

Michael

As of June 29th, I have no character commissions. So my schedule is open in spite of the publisher workload.

I'm also very, very poor due to all kinds of financial snarls.

So, if you were thinking about commissioning some artwork, consider this a nudge.

Please check my website out for details, paypal link etc etc. Site address is in my sig below.

Hi Storn,

I just got Galactic Champions and saw you artwork for Overrider on page 129. It is a great picture. I was just wondering if you did it in color and would post it. I think it is the best artwork in the whole book. You are truely one great artist. :)

I'm looking for a bit of feedback. I am not sure about what to ask for Storn to do for me next. So I am thinking about giving people here a poll to decide.

However they would all be my ideas or heroes from the old campaign I ran in.

After all I am the one paying for it and we would not be seeing any prelim sketches just the end product. Would people like to do such a poll ?

I'm looking for a bit of feedback. I am not sure about what to ask for Storn to do for me next. So I am thinking about giving people here a poll to decide.

However they would all be my ideas or heroes from the old campaign I ran in.

After all I am the one paying for it and we would not be seeing any prelim sketches just the end product. Would people like to do such a poll ?

Sounds cool if it helps you decide what you want to be produced. Even if we all vote option #3 and you decide that "Hey, Option #6 would be better" that would be worthwhile.

BEHOLD!!! THE AWESOME MIGHT OF...

OF...

of....

Mini D!

from Death Tribble. A tribute to Hermit's zany imagination and I quote the mighty Hermit:

Dr Destroyer speaks,"As you can see, my genetic make up is...difficult to duplicate exactly. Still, one of my duplicates matches my intellect even if physically he has come up a bit ..short."

The tiny helmeted figure hops up onto the chair and glares malevolently in his three foot five inch armor.

The Doctor continues, "I call him... Mini-D.""

OF...

of....

Mini D!

from Death Tribble. A tribute to Hermit's zany imagination and I quote the mighty Hermit:

Dr Destroyer speaks,"As you can see, my genetic make up is...difficult to duplicate exactly. Still, one of my duplicates matches my intellect even if physically he has come up a bit ..short."

The tiny helmeted figure hops up onto the chair and glares malevolently in his three foot five inch armor.

This gave me a good chuckle, Storn. Thanks, as always, for sharing your great artwork with us.

Got two commissions done to share w/ y'all.

First, Nightblade. Commissioned by Mark. Brooding, young dark avenger of the night.

Second was a blast. This is Red Ensign. Nope, not communist, Canada's own crimson commando. The Canadian flag (seen on his chest there) at the time was called the "red ensign". The maple leaf came later, although it was already in the symbolic portfolio to represent Cansda. All of this was related to me by the patron, BC Holmes. Who said ya can't learn stuff from doing superheroes!

Thanks to both patrons for giving me this opportunity to doodle around with their creations!!

Both are cool' date=' naturally, but the Red Ensign is exceptional. There's something refreshing about it.[/quote']

I definitely agree. Maybe it's because he's got that "dough boy" look about him, non-traditional superhero...dunno. But he's cool lookin'.

For a Canadian *snicker*

Second was a blast. This is Red Ensign. Nope' date=' not communist, Canada's own crimson commando. The Canadian flag (seen on his chest there) at the time was called the "red ensign". The maple leaf came later, although it was already in the symbolic portfolio to represent Cansda. All of this was related to me by the patron, BC Holmes. Who said ya can't learn stuff from doing superheroes![/quote'] Wow very nice work (on both) but I love this one, as I have had a wind manipulating Red Ensign in my game for years. Great to see someone else doing it. The one in my game was played by a player who was offended by the very concept of Marvel Comics Major Maple Leaf.

Great work, as a Canadian I am super stoked to see this character here... It gives me so many ideas :)

OF...

of....

Mini D!

I can't believe I missed this till now, fortunately there are kind people willing to kick me in the rump to go check it out... I mean, they gave me a heads up.

Storn, I'd like to thank both you and Death Tribble for making this image a reality. It is all too rare to see a twisted bit of whimsy thus honored. :hail:

I can't believe I missed this till now, fortunately there are kind people willing to kick me in the rump to go check it out... I mean, they gave me a heads up.

Storn, I'd like to thank both you and Death Tribble for making this image a reality. It is all too rare to see a twisted bit of whimsy thus honored. :hail:

Ben Seeman and Steve need thanks as well for the permission to use the pic.

And for the service you have provided the board and its members you deserved the pic. We couldn't do Cap but we could do this.