Genre-crossover nightmares

AdamLeisemann

Re: Genre-crossover nightmares

How did I miss this?!? MLP:FiM reference for the win.

Sadly I don't know what movie you're referring too so I don't know how twisted it would be with a omnicidal maniac lunatic of a nightmare as the main character.

It's a reference to the classic children's bedtime story Good Night Moon. Berke Breathed riffed on it in the final panel of Opus, Animaniacs did a spoof of it in the first episode, and it has probably come up several other times in popular culture.

(Actually IMO the death of everything would probably have been an unintended consequence of NM winning. She probably thought everyone would come to worship the night and adore her the way she thought her sister was adored, and didn't think much about the consequences of a thousand years with no sunshine ever.)

It's a reference to the classic children's bedtime story Good Night Moon. Berke Breathed riffed on it in the final panel of Opus' date=' [i']Animaniacs[/i] did a spoof of it in the first episode, and it has probably come up several other times in popular culture.

(Actually IMO the death of everything would probably have been an unintended consequence of NM winning. She probably thought everyone would come to worship the night and adore her the way she thought her sister was adored, and didn't think much about the consequences of a thousand years with no sunshine ever.)

True, though right now I'm reading a very well-done and dark MLP Fanfic, 'The Night that Never Ended', in which NMM is deliberately killing Equestria and all its people -- to say nothing of the entire rest of the planet -- out of pure spite and vengefulness. "Now they'll really be mine. FOREVER."

And it is NOT done as comedy. And that's not even the worst part. That's Rainbow Dash becoming a total monster and burning Ponyville to the ground with nearly everyone inside alongside the Shadowbolts just in the belief that she'll somehow convince NMM to spare a few ponies.

Two music professors with mixed up luggage and a nerdy professor disguised as a pimp are on their way to a KISS concert when an angel diverts them to a cornfield in Iowa to watch a baseball game in...

What's Up Dr. Detroit Rock City of Angels in the Outfield of Dreams

Well, thanks to a Western on Encore Western a couple hours ago (only watched 5 minutes of it but who cares), I thought the title was perfect, but the cast needed a change.

So, we will have a remake of

The Lone Hand this time starring

Pee-Wee herman.

Well, thanks to a Western on Encore Western a couple hours ago (only watched 5 minutes of it but who cares), I thought the title was perfect, but the cast needed a change.

So, we will have a remake of

The Lone Hand this time starring

Pee-Wee herman.

Dude, that is just so wrong.

Major Tom 2009 :nonp: