CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE II - What Do You Want To See?

Darren Watts

Re: CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE II - What Do You Want To See?

Point of trivia - from my Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary:

gadroon: n. 1.Archit. An ornamental molding marked by the use of notches or carved work. 2. A decorative band used especially in silverwork and characterized by the use of fluted work or reedings in a usually oval pattern.

They may have been ruthless invaders, but I bet they were sharp dressers. :cool:

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As raised on another thread' date=' in [i']Champions Worldwide[/i] there's mention of Fiacho's recruiting drive among Eurovillains for new members of Eurostar. CU II should probably comment on the success of that drive.

Speaking of which -- did anyone else catch that CW reference to Fiacho's hiring of Professor Aldo Sanchietti, who seeks to create animal-human hybrids as super-soldiers? Hmm, wonder who they're referring to? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd go in for more info on not only the Hzeel' date=' but also the Gadroon and the Qularr.[/quote']

I'm planning on moving my MC campaign into space, where I'd like to use the Gadroon. Then, time travel to Champions 3000, with protracted stops on the way during the Alien Wars and Terran Empire periods. That's a vote for more on the Gadroon, BTW. :)

Guest Goradin

I wonder how many here really understand the Champion Universe at all. There should be no Dark Champions stuff that is totally non genre for Champions. A few street level heroes might be ok but none of the Dark Champions grim flavor. There is a big difference between the two.

I think its time the Sentinels get a write up some of the work is already done in Digital Hero. The Justice Squadron too needs wrote up. I do not care for the Champions as a group. I can easily add some XP to the existing characters but what I would like is some new ones. How about a Star Staff Guardian being detailed? I know there is one at this time and such a character could really pull groups into the action in a variety of settings. The Champions lack charisma and cool they are too much like the 4th edition team.

Characters are what I want as they are time consuming to make and offer lots of replay value. Scenarios do not have great replay am I am less likely to buy a scenario book for this reason. I have imagination and can design my own scenarios but as an adult gamer what I lack is time to develop compelling characters that I can plug into my stories.

Updates to the mileau would be appreciated. What are all those agencies up too lately? How about a new one? How has current events affected the Verse? I can't wait to see the Tiger Sqaud when the new Villian book comes out.

You know, I keep comming up against the whole, "that was done in digital hero" argument, but what about all the people who play this game and don't have both an internet connection and a credit card? The argument makes the assumption that people who play this game do have both. Well, it's not true. In fact, I know someone who has been playing HERO since it's beginings, who doesn't even have a phone. And no, he's not a luddite.

I kinda agree. While I have both internet and a charge card, I don't own any DH issues. Maybe I should, but just 'cause an idea was in a DH doesn't mean you can't use a similar idea in a book (no plagiarism though please).

Now I'll have to scroll up and see if this is an issue I care about at all. :D

Re Digital Hero

I don't see a problem pointing out something appears in a DH article, any more than pointing out that it appears in a specific hero book. You can choose to invest in the resource or not, as you see fit.

At the same time, I have no problem with something discussed in DH making its way to a published book as an "official rule" or "official option". That's where the Trigger rules upgrade in 5er came from, for example.

You know' date=' I keep comming up against the whole, "that was done in digital hero" argument, but what about all the people who play this game and don't have both an internet connection and a credit card? [/quote']

And even those who have both, not all gamers hang out on gaming forums or read digital zines. I've been playing Hero since 3rd Ed, but I only started posting here last year. I'd been to the pre-DOJ website a handful of times, but never posted on the forums. Neither had anyone else in my previous game groups. So I agree that just cuz we've seen it doesn't mean Herodom at large has.

What id like to see in the new expansion would be a group similiar to Genocide from earlier editions. and also for those who a running a campaign more resembling that which we are really living in may a Multi-National anti america anti west thing not saying Al'Qeda but its a thought .

What id like to see in the new expansion would be a group similiar to Genocide from earlier editions.
Fifth Edition's version of Genocide is the IHA (Institute for Human Advancement). While the organization as a whole hasn't been written up (to my knowledge)' date=' you can find some of the Minutemen Robots "in play" in [i']Champions Battlegrounds[/i], chapter four ("Under Construction"), though the 734-point writeup is in Champions Universe, p.145-6.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see the write ups for old characters like Marksman' date=' Rose, Chesire Cat, and other characters.[/quote']

Um, Cheshire Cat is in both CKC, and updated in Ultimate Speedster.

I believe there are licensing issues with many of the characters in many of the older books.

I little late' date=' but hey, I just got reminded. If you can squeeze it in, a little more detail on the Martinez Scale, and how it works/is calculated.[/quote']

I would agree with that one! I cannot see any relationship to character power levels and the ratings in the USPD.

The idea of the Martinez scale prompted a couple of us in my campaign to create the Z-Scale (where the Z comes from has sort of been forgotten in history, though I know... moo-ha-ha-ha!)

For those that want to know... http://www.silbeg.com/FPCA/zScale.html