[Worst Ever...] Reasons to be a superhero

AdamLeisemann

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [Worst Ever...] Reasons to be a superhero

"All I ever wanted was to live a normal life, but people won't leave you alone if you've got superpowers. They automatically assume that you've got to be either a hero or a villain, and, if you're not known as a hero, you must be one of those sneaky villains who are managing to conceal their deeds from the world! Every unsolved crime in the area got pinned on me, and finally I realized that I would have to declare myself, one way or another, just to end it. Becoming a villain didn't seem very helpful, so now I make a habit of thwarting them every once in a while, just to maintain my reputation for not being a villain."

"Not all heroes can maintain a secret ID, you know. Some of them have to wander around in costume, where everyone can see them, or sneak around and try to hide so people don't cluster and gawk and stare and cheer. It's bad enough trying to catch the villains without them being able to keep an eye on the 'Celebrity Spotlight' radio that constantly updates hero sightings, and clear out of the area whenever a hero is spotted nearby. I'm just trying to numb everyone to the sight of spandex by doing my part to flood the streets with people dressed like a superhero."

My horoscope said today was a good day to be a vigilante.

I see ads everywhere saying "Just Do It," so I did it.

My grandfather either left me bondage gear or a superhero costume. I choose to believe it is a costume.

I drew short straw, so my twin got to be the villain.

I read a Chick tract and it really had an impact.

My horoscope said today was a good day to be a vigilante.

I see ads everywhere saying "Just Do It," so I did it.

My grandfather either left me bondage gear or a superhero costume. I choose to believe it is a costume.

I drew short straw, so my twin got to be the villain.

I read a Chick tract and it really had an impact.

Hahaha! Especially the "short straw" one. :) Must spread rep around blah blah...

-Somehow, I got caught by a cult, got possessed by both an angel and a demon, and when I say my shoulder angel disagrees with me, my Chriopractor can buy a new BMW with cash...

-I'm trying to interest an investor in the gadgets I'm making.

-This is to try and pass my graduate degree program, and it's either this or face a panel...and most of the supervillians hurt a lot less.

-You mean, I can do something else? And get PAID?

This is scarily close to Penumbra's quasi-origin; he had (minor) mystical powers before, but when he found his grandfather's uniform (lotsa black and shiny leather), it put him on another level.

Well... um... see, I ahh... I always knew i was special. mom told me every morning. She said "Eric, you're a very special boy!". And my Mom wouldn't lie to me, would she? So, uh, so... like, I became The Good Boy! My gran got me this neat outfit see! She made if from my old Batman pajamas. One of them anyway... I've still got lots left! Um. So... like... that's it.

Do you want me to super size that coke then?