[Worst Ever...] Reasons to be a superhero

AdamLeisemann

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [Worst Ever...] Reasons to be a superhero

I get drunk, black out, and come to wearing an ape suit and a diving helmet. At work the next day, people are talking about the Robot Monkey stopping two muggings and a convenience store heist. I'm pretty shook up, so I have a few drinks after work. And it happens again.

The first step is admitting I have a problem.

"I had just retired from a job as a scientist, then I got bored."

"It was this, or going back to my own dimension."

"It was this, or going back to Hell/France/Zimbabwe/Burma/North Korea/Tibet (remove as desired)."

"It was this, or joining CIA/FBI/NSA/TLA/BBQ/MI5/MI6/Mossad/UNTIL/UNITY/SWAT (remove as desired)."

"I get to meet more sexy robots/undead/guns/males/females/fish/books/gadgets/elemental/aliens/mooks/things (remove as desired) this way."

"publicity stunt"

"so my twin can be a villain"

I just read the entire thread' date=' and this one is my very, very favorite. I owe you Rep.[/quote']

Aw, shucks. :o I seem to have a talent for coming up with worst reasons. So here's some more.

Hurting you makes the hurting stop.

It's something to do between Olympics.

My parents were killed....in Committee. I'm just a bill, yes I'm only a bill.

I was bitten by a radioactive busybody.

My name is Victor Champion. What else am I going to do?

Any hero getting anywhere near She-Hulk gets to carve off a piece.

Every win is an excuse to go to Disneyland. And you get in free.

"To share, with the entire world, the awesomeness that is Meatpackage Man."

"I discovered a method to induce zero-point particle generation. No one remembers. I developed a hybrid grain that would survive in desert or arctic conditions and would make famine a historical artifact. No one cared. I developed a smart drug that would take a child through the equivalent of twelve-years of quality primary and secondary education in a period of four hours. The pharmaceutical and education industries blackballed me. Then I accidentally set Eurostar on fire and my phone never stops ringing . . ."

"I have no hands and I must box . . ."

"I put on the costume to surprise my girlfriend and ask her to marry me. She surprised me when I caught her with my business partner, Hank. Rather than ever admit this shame (except, for some reason, to you) I have lived the life of a costumed crimefighter ever since."

"This is the perfect outfit for avoiding process servers . . ."

"I discovered a method to induce zero-point particle generation. No one remembers. I developed a hybrid grain that would survive in desert or arctic conditions and would make famine a historical artifact. No one cared. I developed a smart drug that would take a child through the equivalent of twelve-years of quality primary and secondary education in a period of four hours. The pharmaceutical and education industries blackballed me. Then I accidentally set Eurostar on fire and my phone never stops ringing . . ."

That last one actually sounds like a good idea. Why must all super-geniuses fight/commit crimes?

Funny thread...Here are a few more:

Midlife Crisis.

Where else can I wear a codpiece these days?

When you pick up a meriorite and your skin turns into alien metal, what else are you going to do, huh?

It was either this or stay home with the wife at night...

I always wanted an Arch-Nemesis.

I'll come up with more,soon.

Grimble

It was this or stay home with the wives at night, so I became SUPERMORMON. The man with the world's easiest name to make fun of.

"I put on the costume to surprise my girlfriend and ask her to marry me. She surprised me when I caught her with my business partner' date=' Hank. Rather than ever admit this shame (except, for some reason, to you) I have lived the life of a costumed crimefighter ever since."[/quote']

Repped!

It's good advertising for my dominatrix buisiness.

My dubious mentor (who turned out to be working for Demon) suggested I join the local hero team.

When you look like a monster, being able to play the "angsty hero of the night" card is a good way to avoid the lynch mob.

Because I can meet hot chicks and, like, everyone will think I'm cool and I get to save the world and be famous and stuff . . .

"It started as a drunken bet. Very simple really. Jump off of a roof onto a trampoline into a swimming pool. I was so hammered that I'd did it. I jump and hit the trampoline and went higher... and higher... and higher... I then realized in my drunken state that I could fly!! I tried again the next day sober only to find that I had lost my powers. I had realized then that the source of my powers was drinking liquor. From that day on I become Captain Morgan, drunken superhero, saving the day one plastic red cup at a time."