[Worst Ever...] Reasons to be a superhero

AdamLeisemann

Re: [Worst Ever...] Reasons to be a superhero

I got mugged on the way to a costume party.

I've used that one. Although it was more. "Got mugged on the way to a costume party and got lucky stopping the guy. Then minor villains started showing up to make a rep for themselves taking out the 'new hero in town'."

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My namesake "hero", CraterMaker, became a SuperHero to conquer the Earth - He's an alien, his species is incredibly powerful, and as a rite of passage they're supposed to conquer a planet. Normally, you drop on a planet of neanderthals or vikings, and mop up the place, get worshipped as a god, etc. etc...

CraterMaker landed here in his energy form, started mouthing off and destroying things, and got his butt handed to him on a platter by some run of the mill heros.. He was sooo embarrassed he hid out and tried to come up with an alternate plan. With his Int of 8, he decided he'd be a hero and build up a cult of personality, and start his conquering by being elected President of the United States...

He's basically a brutal thug pretending to be a good guy, so he makes a lot of faux paus.. The fun part of playing him was that, and his evolution into being a real hero, even if only accidental.

He did start up an organization called "The CraterKids", juvenile delinquents who roam in packs and beat up drug dealers.. At least, they accuse them of being drug dealers.

-CraterMaker

So far, you've all come up with some good bad reasons. Congratulations.

"I was drunk, had no liscense, and was riding a motorcycle at 77 miles per hour, and whern I crashed, my brain was severely scrambled. I recovered and decided that I must be invulnerable or something, because I survived. So I decided to use my invulnerability to fight crime."

"It seemed like a better idea than stapling myself in the crotch."

- I accidentally killed the real hero on a historical recon mission, but history says he remained active for years. Now I have to take his place to preserve the timeline...

- My accountant told me it was tax-deductable.

- I pulled a fast one on the Devil and now I need to make really sure I go the other way when I die.

"Mom and Dad said I'd never amount to anything. I consider this payback."

"I'm only doing this to keep in practice while I'm ... er ... in the Program."

"It's the best way to hide the fact that I sabotaged my sister's plot to conquer the world."

"I'm rebelling against my Parents."

I'm a telepathic psychologist who would lose his licence if I forcibly read the minds of my clients. This is the only way I can help those who refuse to be helped. (Fortunately, I have yet to play this character, and he doesn't have a mental transformation.)

(for a heroic version of someone like "The Blob" of X-Men infamy)

"Well, I was mugged, beaten senseless, and my clothes were stolen. When I woke up, I had to find something to wear and that's this costume, all to cover my [CENSORED]. And then, to deal with the embarassment, I decided to take it all out on criminals."

- I accidentally killed the real hero on a historical recon mission, but history says he remained active for years. Now I have to take his place to preserve the timeline...

- I pulled a fast one on the Devil and now I need to make really sure I go the other way when I die.

Those two are actually fairly good reasons, especially the first one.

Oh, and has anyone suggested, "I do it to get me some wimmen" yet?

This was actually used on Star Trek: Deep Space 9. After Sisko and some others went back in time to the Bell riots in 21st century earth, Gabriel Bell (leader of the riots and a very important historical figure) was killed in the riots and Sisko took his place. The 5 crew members who were there know what happened and know why Sisko's face appears in the history books as "Gabriel Bell" but no one else knows about the change.

Kelcyron

As has been said, those two are actually very cool :) But annoyingly, I have to spread rep, yadda yadda... :(

Its only until I'm 18 and my probation is over...

'cause I can. And my mom would kick my *** if I went villain.

To show the world that a normal person with technology can hang with the metas. Or at least thats what my secret Bosses in the Army say.

Well, I found this ring, and now i keep getting attacked by Ninjas...

It helps my Secret ID market his weapon technologies.

Cause, dude, its soooo cool. Like, totally dude...

( All actually used at some point... )

"Mom and Dad said I'd never amount to anything. I consider this payback."

"I'm only doing this to keep in practice while I'm ... er ... in the Program."

"It's the best way to hide the fact that I sabotaged my sister's plot to conquer the world."

"I'm rebelling against my Parents."

"We're rebelling from our children."

"I gave the court two possibilities for serving out my Community Service sentence, and they chose this one."

"My kids are trying to win big money sending stuff in to America's Funniest Videos."

"Shhhh! My mom still thinks I'm pre-med at Harvard!"

"The Army wouldn't take me after I came out abnormal on the physical."

"Dude, the best part of this job is giving wedgies to bank robbers. The rest I can take it or leave it, if you know what I mean."