The Ultimate WWYCD: Ninja or Pirate!

Hermit

The collective univerisal conciousness has finally dwelt on it too long, one day, as the internet finally cracks in half from the weight of the debate, reality itself finally seems to force the issue: Ninja or Pirate?

All over the world, superheroes and supervillains find themselves changing into Ninjas or Pirates. Their powers take on Piratical or Ninja SFX, though they still keep them. What's more, they are not alone, non supers types also change into lesser ninja and pirates or things closely related to them. Everyone changed begins to act more accordingly to their new appearance. However, 'accordingly' is a vague term. Both Pirates and Ninjas come in many types depending on views of them by the person affected and the whimsies associated. Pirates maybe noble swashbucklers, brutal cutthroats, or singing and dancing in their tight leather pants for that matter. Ninja maybe master spies, or just flip out and kill people, or be almost anime like. Your character maybe overcome with the urge to chase wenches or plunder spainards, or infiltrate compounds just to prove you can... who knows?

The world is transforming to settle the ultimate question, would your character be changed into a Ninja, or Pirate? What sort? How long could he/she hold out agains their urges and which ones would they give into first? And, of course, WWYCD?

EDIT: Almost forgot, as others are changing to Ninjas and Pirates as well, your character fill find that if he/she is a Ninja, Pirates hate him. If he's a Pirate, Ninjas hate him. There is an almost instinctive enemity on those grounds alone. Even "Good Pirates" will distrust or squabble with "Good Ninjas" and vice versa.

Re: The Ultimate WWYCD: Ninja or Pirate!

Some of my own characters...

Aquatic- As a half Atlantean, Aquatic would definitely head towards Pirate. His powers already tied to the sea in a way, so not much of a change there. This would probably end up being a chance to embrace his outlaw side. Avast, a chance to keelhaul the scum of Hudson City's coast would be most welcome. Of course, seeing Meghan as either a cute wench or she-pirate would not help his efforts to resist this. He'd try to find out who was doing this, but realize it was out of his league pretty quickly. Time to find another hero who has a theory.

Banner- In a Marvel Alternate setting, this isn't the first time the universe got shifted around. Banner would probably become a swashbuckler/privateer, proudly raiding the likes of AIM or HYDRA and seizing their ill gotten treasures for the good of the nation.

Gaze- Definitely Ninja! With the powers of mental domination now requiring funky hand movements or 'shadow magic'. His mind is pretty strong, so he'd resist the urges for a long time.

It depends.

http://www.pj-chron.com/index.php?date=2006-11-03

http://www.pj-chron.com/index.php?date=2006-11-06

and especially

http://www.pj-chron.com/index.php?date=2006-11-10

---

OK, I probably should provide an answer as well.

Assault would definitely be a Ninja. Just like Seeker.

Liane has a strong Norse theme going in her powers and appearance. Viking raiders, anyone?

Ika predates either concept, but would probably be more ninja-ish: Sneak, scout, spy, strike from concealment, run away real fast.

Faye would probably be a pirate. Ninja are supposed to be subtle and sneaky, and secret ID or no, she's about as subtle and sneaky as an erupting volcano.

Phoenix would probably go the ninja route. Gymnast, martial artist, and she doesn't simply carry a concealed weapon: She is one.

Some of my own characters...

Aquatic- As a half Atlantean, Aquatic would definitely head towards Pirate. His powers already tied to the sea in a way, so not much of a change there. This would probably end up being a chance to embrace his outlaw side. Avast, a chance to keelhaul the scum of Hudson City's coast would be most welcome. Of course, seeing Meghan as either a cute wench or she-pirate would not help his efforts to resist this. He'd try to find out who was doing this, but realize it was out of his league pretty quickly. Time to find another hero who has a theory.

Banner- In a Marvel Alternate setting, this isn't the first time the universe got shifted around. Banner would probably become a swashbuckler/privateer, proudly raiding the likes of AIM or HYDRA and seizing their ill gotten treasures for the good of the nation.

Gaze- Definitely Ninja! With the powers of mental domination now requiring funky hand movements or 'shadow magic'. His mind is pretty strong, so he'd resist the urges for a long time.

After further reflection, I changed my mind -- Aquatic gets lucky and Meghan tends to piratical after all, but I fear the Gaze will find Jazz far too flamboyant to be anything but a pirate (you'd have to take that up with winterhawk though)... ;)

My own chars:

Kodiak: would be that hulking, contemplative, ninja who'd rather spend his time alone in the mountains -- but who is incredibly effective at breaking things when the need arises...

Speedzone: Hmmm. He'd be an anime inspired ninja -- vanishing and reappearing at will and striking with lightning swiftness...

Facet: A pirate, of course. He's not a sneaker by nature, and swinging by a crystalline thread with his fist shaped into a semi-bladed weapon is just too swashbucklerish for words... Pity he isn't more human, he could keep Jazz from getting lonely while Gaze played shadow ninja... ;D

Not really sure about Vector or Virgo. Just haven't played them enough yet to get a handle on their personalities...

Tao: Ninjas, definitely, more the movie type that sneaks in and kill everyone on the way out

Shidoku: See Tao

Eve: Eve the Robot Pirate Girl! WEE! The kid's idea of a pirate, swashbuckling, singing, the whole bit.

Ivy: Sullen, bitter "realistic" female pirate captain, force into the life be circumstance and too soured and jaded to look for a way out.

After further reflection, I changed my mind -- Aquatic gets lucky and Meghan tends to piratical after all, but I fear the Gaze will find Jazz far too flamboyant to be anything but a pirate (you'd have to take that up with winterhawk though)... ;)

I figured Jazz would end up being one of those lady Ninjas that could seduce you and take you out, either that or a colorful anime ninja but you never know ;)

Besides, with his powers, if she wasn't a ninja before, he could just use his shadow magic and make her into one mwhhahahaha

Millennium: Too flashy and publicity hungry to be a ninja. Inspirational Pirate Captain. "I was Odysseus, and Sinbad, and Morgan, I've sailed the seven seas in one incarnation or another for five thousand years."

Cheeta: Can swim, doen't like too. Worlds fastest ninja.

Snow Leopard: Both. Will hang with the Ninjas until it's time to betray them to the Pirates, then vice versa.

Iron Will : Ninja.

Dolphin: Way too big, and the uni too restrictive, to be a Ninja. Zen Pirate. Probably the one left alone on the island to guard the treasue as everyone would trust him not to steal it. Not to mention that he's able to bring stuff up from very deep wrecks. "You can have my share guys, material possessions are just an illusion. 'Cuse me while I swim with the dolphins and catch some rays." (It was only after they heard the splash that it occured to them to wonder if he was swimming au natural or on the trail of Steve Irwin's killer, but nobody wanted to look.)

Anthem would be Ninja because she's a martial artist, but she'd WANT to be a pirate.

Audra blue with the cybernetic parts and her naturally piratical ways would be a natural pirate.

Uncle Slam... well, I dunno. He's studied some eastern mysticism, as he has nearly everything else. Both seem rather villainous to him so he wouldn't have a preference. And the world at large, if this is through collective will of the people, would probably want to see him in a pirate hat.

Soulbarb: Ninja, absolutely. Hiding in shadows is second nature to her.

Sylph: Gotta be a pirate. A really lousy pirate most of the time, but when her maenad side comes out, she's as rowdy as you could wish a pirate to be! :D

Jake the Troll - would be a troll ninja (trollja?), as they are the ninjas of the norse supernatural world. No, really: legends about their ability to turn invisible, hide in the forest, sneak into places, and play tricks on folks abound. A really big, green, scaly, norse ninja. Really. His mom would make him the outfit, and he would think it really cool.

However, on occasion he would gouge his own eye out for wisdom/plot-points (stupid precedent-setting Odin), and while he wore the eyepatch (watining for his eye to regenerate) he'd cross over to being a pirate.

Shinji Miromoto - would be one of those ninja from L5R, who gains their power through dealing with the mystical forces of darkness...which is what he sorta is right now, so the only thing he'd notice would be the manditory kabuki blacks.

Icon - would be come a ninja, as she already has a pirate (The Buccaneer, her Year 1 Nemesis) to hate. But she would suck at it, as she's a big bright spotlight in the sky.

Banner- In a Marvel Alternate setting' date=' this isn't the first time the universe got shifted around. Banner would probably become a swashbuckler/privateer, proudly raiding the likes of AIM or HYDRA and seizing their ill gotten treasures for the good of the nation.[/quote']

Arachne sez: "Cool! Banner, we're on the same team! Let's go kick some ninja bootay! Arrr!"

.oO{OMG! Did I just say "bootay" to Banner?} :mortified: :o

Special Agent Trent: His desire for Law and order make the ninja route a natural for him. He'll just have to come up with a Japanese phrase to shout when he uses his psychokinetic blast. Oh, and add a ninja mask to the black suit.

Lindsay "Gojira-chan" Connor: Would definitely be a freewheeling pirate, venturing out onto the seas to have adventures, right wrongs, and come home with cool treasure and jewelery. Of course, being fully amphibious helps when you're hitting the high seas.

Cyrande: Pirate, of course. who ever heard of a Ninja Queen? Flamboyant, showy, having fun sailing the skies and seas.

Nox: Ninja, of course(Please, shadowmagic and martial arts?). A good Ninja, only going sneakly after the bad guys.

Artemis: Lets see, she's a scout, loves changing into small forms to fight, can sneak in almost anywere, and packs more punch then it appears. Poor Thera, she's a ninja again.

Amusingly enough, each team split exactly up the middle.