ONE power: what do you do with it?

Zeropoint

Re: ONE power: what do you do with it?

Heh. Here's a couple that occurred to me at lunch.

Ultimate Marketing: A Fully Invisible, Megascaled Mind Control (to Planetary Level) only to influence others to buy a certain product.

"Hero Games books are selling out every week! They're more popular than D&D and White Wolf products combined. What could be causing this?"

"They finally got better artists?" :P

The Terrorists Are There: A Megascaled Mind Scan, only to find terrorists, Usable By Others.

"How do the Americans keep finding us? Our hideouts are foolproof!"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a Healing schtick would work for me. With selective marketing of abilities I could make money and then me, the missus and the kids (and their kids) could live a healthy life.

I acutually see a plotline in that - what if someone really wants healing and will do anything to get it?

I think a Healing schtick would work for me. With selective marketing of abilities I could make money and then me, the missus and the kids (and their kids) could live a healthy life.

I acutually see a plotline in that - what if someone really wants healing and will do anything to get it?

I can see a plot line for the healing thing as well Black Market Organs and with all these Teleporters The getting around the world would be no problem...or Drugs when it needs to get to the states The DEA wouldnt no what to do With The Transporter

I would like the ability to "copy" everything someone knows into my own brain just by looking at the person. They would not realize that it occurs but I would then know every thing that they know. I could then hire myself out as a super-spy. In my spare time I would make the best psyciatrist out there since the patient would not need to describe their problem in detail, I would already possess the knowledge from the "download". In addition money problems would be lessened since I would then go to any financial planner and discover the secrets on how to invest my money myself, and do so. Also by combining several different KS's I could become an even better inventor than Edison ever was and look at the fortune that he possessed at his death. :D

Mind control. Head down over to Marvel comics and deal with some "issues " there

I second the motion. In fact, anything I could think of doing with 80 points, I can probably do with 70. So I'll donate 10 of my points to you. An extra 2d6 of Mind Control could make all the difference.

Anybody else care to donate? It costs so little to do so much.... :D

Well, answered this once before...

43 Strike to the Groin: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, No Normal Defense (defense: Force Fields and Force Walls) (+1), Does BODY (+1) (75 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4)

... and be the most feared martial artist in the world! Probably not good, but VERY feared! :eek:

arguably, life support is not one power, but a collection of smaller powers.

Certainly some powers (limited sleep vs no need for sleep) are different levels of a single power, but that set of immunities (vs need for sleep) is entirely separate from the need to breathe or the enhanced lifespan stuff.

many powers bring a lot of baggage with them. If you had the ability to raise the dead, how long do you think you could use it before you became the focus of the attention of the catholic church, the government, organized crime, etc.

Ditto for the ability to change anything into anything else. You'd have to keep it really secret or you'd be a marked man/woman. Sure, you'd be an instant answer to what do we do with radioactive waste (assuming you could do it at range or through a barrier), but you'd also be an instant national security risk. (instant weapons grade plutonium on ebay?) Oh, damn.

as for myself, I often think that it would be nice to get more done in a given day, so some form of multiplication/duplication would have its benefits. OTOH, I also wish I could be something other than what I am, so some flavor of shapeshifting would also be very nice. (also, as an illustrator, I might be able to be my own model for a broader variety of characters)

But it's really hard to argue with: Summon catgirl(s), slavishly loyal, 0 end.

^_^

has anyone mentioned Telekinesis? the broad applications are.... broad.

Flight, force field, magic tricks (and thus fame), not to mention ranged strength :o If you want to get creative (on how far down the TK can affect) you could even start affecting molecular structures. XD

Well, with no VPP I can't do "VPP: Only One Power At A Time, Only For Multiform, etc." which is my usual response to this kind of thread. ;)

Since you didn't specify "powers from the rule book," I'm going to The Ultimate Metamorph, page 50, and taking Simplified Shape Shift.

However I Want To Look: Simplified Shape Shift (20 points), any form (+20 points), External-Only Cellular [TUM page 49] (+5 points), Imitation (+10 points), Makeover (+5 points), (60 base points); Costs Endurance Only To Change Shape (+1/4), 75 Active Points.

I'm not bothering with Limitations since you didn't mention any Real Cost limits.

If I can squeeze it up to 81 Active Points, I'd increase to Fully Cellular (+10 instead of +5).

I'd go with mind control, fully invis effects. I'm aware that I would probably use it the same way earlier posters have used summon (slavishly loyal cat girls etc). I like to think I have enough of a conscience not to abuse the power *too* much. :o

It would be mostly used for "don't bother me!" And "I'm invisible!" And yes, I would prolly do the usual sophomoric things that invisible people do, at least at first. :rolleyes:

The problem would be if 80 points would give me enough MC to use for the most desired ability: Ordering bureaucrats to get off their coffee break and serve the client. After all, we're talking about "strongly opposed" backed up by a couple of Total psych crocks (Do no more work than anybody else here, and Don't get the supervisor's attention). :D

Midas

I used to want to be a minor superman, then came telekinesis, then teleport.

Now in my fourth decade, I want the power to find lost kids/loved ones by touching something of theirs and knowing where their physical body is. I want families to have closure.

Sorry to get so serious.