ONE power: what do you do with it?

Zeropoint

Re: ONE power: what do you do with it?

Hmm' date=' yeah, but how useful is megascale teleport without floating or fixed locations? Can we expect character points from experience? Will "the GM" allow a lock-on from a television image in realtime? I'd reduce the level a bit and throw in at least a couple floating locations - and a x2 mass. That way I could use it for legal stuff... if that's how I should decide to use it.[/quote']

Thats why I threw in the Safe Blind Teleport. I figure I pick a direction, Figure out how far I need to go (between 1 and 170km) and just teleport. If I would have landed in a solid object, I'm fine. Then, I just use personal level teleport, or even mundane means to get to my exact desired location.

Grimble

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go life support unless the wife could too so I'd go odd.

Area effect transform, with improved target group, and harder to heal back, variable effects perhaps. 0 end, partial transform. Continous.

The power would transform everything in the area (non living) to a state of clean/new/repaired.

So, never have to wash car/clothes/dishes. Never have to clean house. Never have to have anything repaired. That saves money. :)

I could buy junker cars (or houses) use the power, turn around a sell them for lots of money.

It would free up my time (I'm making money doing the flips, and saving money on other stuff), give me disposable cash and I could enjoy life. :) It may not be glamorous or flash like Flight, invis, or T-port, but it's cool.

I'd really like to have full immortality. Given that it's just one Power, and I can't do LS: Does Not Age with Regeneration, Regrow Limbs, Resurrection, if I had to choose I'd take the latter. I'd be quite happy with 1 BODY (300 per hour!) but more is always better. :D

Though, a fun Power I'd like to have would be the "practice effect" from the David Brin novel of the same name. Essentially, any item I use gets better at what it does. Not unlike Lord Mhoram's Transform (which made me think of it), except that the items actually improve from baseline; if they're not used, they decay back to where they were.

On Devil's Advocate Rant/

People, what the BLANK is so desirable about living FOREVER ???? I mean, the Sun, Scientists say, will go nova in about 50 billion years. That's a LONG time. The Earth itself is now only about 4&1/2 billion years old. Who could possibly stay remotely sane for 50 billion years, especially if the rest of humanity becomes extinct ? And when the Earth and Sun are gone, then what ? Float around in space for the rest of eternity ?

Pretty dull way to spend a life that would NEVER end.

No, give me something else. Even if being burnt by the Sun when it goes nova won't kill you, it would probably hurt a lot. /End rant.

People, what the BLANK is so desirable about living FOREVER ???? I mean, the Sun, Scientists say, will go nova in about 50 billion years. That's a LONG time. The Earth itself is now only about 4&1/2 billion years old. Who could possibly stay remotely sane for 50 billion years, especially if the rest of humanity becomes extinct ? And when the Earth and Sun are gone, then what ? Float around in space for the rest of eternity ?

No, give me something else. Even if being burnt by the Sun when it goes nova won't kill you, it would probably hurt a lot. /End rant.

So buy your Total Life Support with a power limitation (or advantage, in your point of view) that it only works until you really, really, really don't want it to anymore.

I agree. That's why immortality never even entered my mind as an option.

So buy your Total Life Support with a power limitation (or advantage' date=' in your point of view) that it only works until you really, really, really don't want it to anymore.[/quote']

I think you can automatically turn it off if you want to, barring special effect.

Oooo, good point. My Resurrection has as the condition it doesn't work against, "Incineration by the Sun." :D

Oooo, good point. My Resurrection has as the condition it doesn't work against, "Incineration by the Sun."

Which is great, until you run into a supervillain with a really big magnifying glass.

Mental Transform, Full Indirect, AE 1 hex megascale (cover Earth), reduced recover, 0END, anything (physical, mental, spiritual), total invisibility, affects one target, doesn't have to know target's exact location.

This way you can transform anyone from your least favorite politician to that moron on the current events discussion forum into someone who tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Or better yet, change them into whatever they fear or hate most.

I can do without immortality, just help me get rid of the [censored] in this world.

How about Healing, usable on self as well as others, it's more flexable than regeneration. Forget Mother Teresa, with that power Sainthood would be an automatic given. Nobel peace prize? Got it for this year, and last year and the year before that etc, etc.

Which is great' date=' until you run into a supervillain with a really big magnifying glass.[/quote']

Yeah, but see, he's got to know about it. And I tell everyone that it doesn't work against freezing to death.

Edit: And, technically, it's Incineration by the Sun, not by sunlight. Leetle difference....

First off, right now we have primative space travel. I'm sure within 50 billion years I could come up with a cool ride. As long as there are books I haven't read, I'd be able to keep whatever sort of pseudo-sanity I'm going to start with. Lastly, I'm pretty sure the human race isn't the only sentient being in the galaxy. Finding more (If they haven't found us yet) would give me a hobby after the human race becomes extinct (Not that I think that will happen. They may evolve far beyond me, but extinct seems defeatist to me)

Grimble

All in Presence for everyone would hang on to your every word and when you yelled old and the very young may have Heart Attacks.....Plus being a salesman you would make money hand over fist selling things people don,t need......

Well this was a question me and my friends ask during 4th Ed.what powers would you want to place all your points in and the winner was presence.As a presence attack costs No endurance to use.and haveing a presence score of 260=52d6 and thats just talking.

I would love Teleportation. Don't have to worry if I forget something, just pop back home and get it. Best of all though, I could see the entire world for pennies. "Yeah, I've got a couple hours off this afternoon, thought I'd teleport to Paris and have a coffee on the Champs Elysee. Maybe on the way back I'll swing through Rome and check out the Colesseum. Money? I got $10, so I'm good."

Actually, with Teleportation with planetary capability, that would make someone the perfect courier.

"We need to get this heart to San Francisco within the hour for a transplant!"

"But we're in Spain! It's impossible!"

"No, I know just the man to contact. Get me... the Transporter!" :D

Of course, governments would love to get their hands on someone with such a power. :eek:

Thats why I threw in the Safe Blind Teleport. I figure I pick a direction, Figure out how far I need to go (between 1 and 170km) and just teleport. If I would have landed in a solid object, I'm fine. Then, I just use personal level teleport, or even mundane means to get to my exact desired location.

Grimble

My response was based on the "no frameworks" rule (so, no personal level teleport)... but yeah, with a good portable GPS, and no huge hurry while you zero in, I guess megascale would work out fine.

Sounds like Corwin of Amber. Having the power to travel to infinite worlds and experience infinite possibilities would be pretty cool' date=' though you'd have to be careful about making infinite enemies....[/quote']The way you put that reminds me even more of another Zelazny character - Thoth, from Creatures of Light and Darkness. He had the great fortune to have that EDM power in a multiverse where everything imaginable existed somewhere. Unlike the Amberites, all he had to do was imagine it, will it, and be there.

Of course' date=' governments would [i']love[/i] to get their hands on someone with such a power. :eek:

Another book reference: see Jumper by Steven Gould. It's exactly what this thread's about: a normal teen gains teleportation, he's apparently the only one in the world with a super-power of any kind, and the story is just him exploring its possibilities and hazards. Good read.

Transform -- into Princess Louise of the Misfit Princes of Amber. To reverse -- prolonged concentration on becoming my mundane self again.

Thanks to Pariah's mention of Corwin of Amber, I remembered my old Misfit Princes character, and thought, "Why the hell not?" Since Princess Louise is everything I've ever thought I wanted to be, and has many of the powers and abilities of a Child of Amber and Chaos, it would be a case of achieving my heart's (or dream's) desire.

Using Transform to become an Amberite, I'd pretty much have all the other Champions game powers -- and more!

And if being a Misfit Prince of Amber weren't as wonderful as I'd anticipated, just spend an hour or so thinking about the way I used to be, and POOF! I'm back to my mundane self.

My response was based on the "no frameworks" rule (so, no personal level teleport)... but yeah, with a good portable GPS, and no huge hurry while you zero in, I guess megascale would work out fine.

There's no framework. The power has Variable Advantage. It's always personal level, unless I use the +1/2 advantage to buy Megascale...

Grimble