mancerbear

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: MancerBear's Art Den

Ask and you shall recieve Questionman.

Here's a few villians from my home campaign. The first one is the delightlyfully mischievious Bowerbird. She's very much along the style of Catwoman, but with a bird motif. She tends to steal bright shiny objects like diamonds, jewellery, small works of art, etc. Especially if they are also blue.

BowerbirdSmall.jpg

Next up is Mastodon. At least this is my first draft of Mastodon. I'll be giving him another going over, cause I'm not 100% satisfied with the way I've represented him.

MastadonSmall.jpg

This next beauty is a delicate little blossom who goes by the name of Charmer. I'm really happy with this illo except for the angle of the right leg, which is a little severe. This is another one that I'll redo eventually.

CharmerSmall.jpg

And last, but certainly not least, is Professor Praxis. Imagine if you will a man with the powers of Professor Xavier but with the ambitions of Dr Doom, and you have the despot of the small mediteranean nation called Streggia.

ProfessorPraxisSmall.jpg

That's it for me today. I hope you all enjoy.

Cheers,

Nice work as always Mancerbear!

Does the digital Hero images will be eventually done in color?

Your work are always greatlty enhanced with your incredible colouring talent... I'm sure Ice Breaker could be an instant hit with some color... :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Etrigan,

I don't think I'll be adding colour to the Digital Hero images. The only exception to that will be the covers that I do, which will always be in colour. As a hint, there's a cover by me coming up soon.

In the meantime...

Here's another line drawing for the next issue of Digital Hero. This is Merian C Cooper. for those who don't regcognize the name, he's the man who wrote and produced the original King King movie.

CooperSmall.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the way this came out, though I'm aloways finding faults with my drawings AFTER they're finished LOL.

Cheers,

Here's a couple of sketches I did today and awaiting approval from the "clients" before continuing. These are a couple of the heroes from my junior game, The Impossibles.

This is Kid Dragon, a 15 year old hero played by my son. I cheated and borrowed a pose that Jeff Dee used for his villain Vulture for this.

KidDragonPencil.jpg

And this is Hawksong, a 12 year old legacy hero played by my daughter.

Hawksongpencil.jpg

I've gotta say, kids are damned hard to draw.

Cheers,

I like what you've put up so far. Its a bit "animated series" style compared to what I'm used to, but you've got talent and most of the pieces work well. I particularly liked: lady america, aquanaut, sentry, talabar, and bowerbird.

Hi QM,

The gaming group consists of 3 teens, tween (12 yo), and 2 adults.

The characters are;

Impossible Boy: Inorgainic shape shifter

Gravity Girl: Gravity Control

Tomorrow Girl: Mental powers

Kid Dragon: Dragon/human hybrid

Hawksong: Sonic control, cybernetic wings and control cowl

Victory Girl: Enhanced strength and resistance to injury.

Cheers,

Hi QM,

The gaming group consists of 3 teens, tween (12 yo), and 2 adults.

The characters are;

Impossible Boy: Inorgainic shape shifter

Gravity Girl: Gravity Control

Tomorrow Girl: Mental powers

Kid Dragon: Dragon/human hybrid

Hawksong: Sonic control, cybernetic wings and control cowl

Victory Girl: Enhanced strength and resistance to injury.

Cheers,

Sounds like a real fun group! You mentioned 'Hawksong, a 12 year old legacy hero played by my daughter.' What's a legacy hero? I'm curious. :D

Sounds like a real fun group! You mentioned 'Hawksong' date=' a 12 year old legacy hero played by my daughter.' What's a legacy hero? I'm curious. :D[/quote']

A "legacy" hero is one who is the the child of an existing hero who takes up the mantle or someone who decides to carry on the name of an older hero. In the CU MeteorMan III would be a legacy hero. In the DC Universe Huntress or Infinity, Inc would be legacy heroes.

Sounds like a real fun group! You mentioned 'Hawksong' date=' a 12 year old legacy hero played by my daughter.' What's a legacy hero? I'm curious. :D[/quote']

Usually refers to a child of superhero taking over the role created by the parent. Like the idea that Robin or Nightwing will eventually become the next Batman.

A little bit of background concerning Hawksong.

Her Great-Grandfather was the WWII hero Warhawk and her Great-Grandmother was his sidekick/partner Peregrine. Sometime after the war, Warhawk was injured and died in another super battle, but Peregrine continued her career, eventually passing her mantle on to her daughter. The second Peregrine remained a hero for some time, but eventually tired of being a hero and returned to normal life where she trained her daughter to be the third Peregrine. The third Peregrine was a very reluctant hero; shy, retiring, and always feeling unsure of abilities. When the team she was part of disbanded, the third Peregrine retired and become a single mother.

Hawksong is that child. She discovered her Great-Grandfather's costume and diary hidden in a chest in the attic. Secretly she read the diary and then practiced with the wing brace and cowl her Great-Grandfather invented. Unlike her predecessors though, Hawksong has a natural power of her own; a sonic scream.

Right now, Hawksong thinks being a superhero is cool, and she just loves to fly. She is beging to understand that there is a responsibility to the wings and cowl that she wears, and feels that as she gets older she will eventually take on the mantle of her forebears. But which will it be? Warhawk, or Peregrine?

Hope that clears a bit up for you :)

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like I'm letting the side down, not posting any work of late... unfortunately I've been so busy with my adult work, that the superhero stuff as slid a bit.

Anyway, here's the cover for issue 44 of Digital Hero, which should be out fairly shortly. I've also got some black and white art appearing on the inside, which I'll post later on.

DigitalHeroCover44small.jpg

No doubt some of you will recognize the diabolical Professor Muerte, who has undergone a few changes. Find out exactly what has happened to the good doctor in Digital Hero.

MB, that is a beautifully chilling blend of Patrick Zircher's design for Muerte from Classic Enemies with the new elements. The background is suggestively ominous and contrasts well with the Profesor's color scheme.

I am so looking forward to seeing his minions! :bounce:

I feel like I'm letting the side down, not posting any work of late... unfortunately I've been so busy with my adult work, that the superhero stuff as slid a bit.

Anyway, here's the cover for issue 44 of Digital Hero, which should be out fairly shortly. I've also got some black and white art appearing on the inside, which I'll post later on.

DigitalHeroCover44small.jpg

No doubt some of you will recognize the diabolical Professor Muerte, who has undergone a few changes. Find out exactly what has happened to the good doctor in Digital Hero.

This one kicks ass! I resurrected Muerte in my campaign and now I have the appropriate artwork. Repped :thumbup:

Once again, thanks very much for the kind words guys,

As promised, here are the rest of the illustrations for issue 44 of Digital Hero

In order we have Professor Muerte and El General.

ProfessorMuerteSmall.jpgElGeneralSmall.jpg

Khemset and Seraphina.

KhemsetSmall.jpgSeraphinaSmall.jpg

And finally 2 minions; a Blood Hound, and a Hand of Death.

BloodHoundSmall.jpgHandofDeathSmall.jpg

You can find out more details about Professor Muerte's merry band from here

Here's my latest commission, a strapping young bloke by the name of Massiv

MassivSmall.jpg

I'm currently up to date with my commissions, so if anyone is interested in getting me to do something for them, please don't heistate to contact me.

On the other hand, I have been flat out recently, so if I have missed anybody's commission, please get in contact with me and I'll chase it up.

Cheers,