Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

I think I have found my next character's long gun

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/01/07/kel-tec-ksg-bullpup-shotgun/

That looks like the ideal shotgun for police officers--not only do you have the high ammo capacity, but the 26" length means it could fit easily into any squad car.

That's who I'd market it to, anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Heh...might want to Photoshop or Gimp the orange muzzle off the blunderbus.

My Little M-16.... The Longshot.... The Wildely gas-operated pistol... Plasma Rifle in the 40W Range... "I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." (Standard M41 Pulse Rifle....)

Watch TV Online

That looks like the ideal shotgun for police officers--not only do you have the high ammo capacity, but the 26" length means it could fit easily into any squad car.

That's who I'd market it to, anyway.

I sent it to some friends, one of whom is in law enforcemnent. ONe of his associates already has his order in. ;) Head Jailer, that makes sense.

I've seen that shotgun before. . . only then it was a South African design called the Neostad.

I think the neosted had an odd "pump forward" operating method. iirc the barrel actually moved forward and then back to chamber rounds. It was very compact, but I suspect that was one reason it doesn't seem to have gone very far.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone checking out "Sons of Guns" on History. Great resource for gun ideas' date=' and fun...[/quote']

I'll have to go check it out. Thanks.

You should be aware, then, that Sons Of Guns is on the Discovery Channel.

There is a show called Top Shots on the History Channel, which is a shooting competion. Both are fun to watch.

You should be aware' date=' then, that [i']Sons Of Guns[/i] is on the Discovery Channel.

There is a show called Top Shots on the History Channel, which is a shooting competion. Both are fun to watch.

Didn't like Top Shots. I'm not a fan of game shows or the various reality show type game shows. I don't care about the drama, I just wanna see the shooting and such. Crying is for when you're in the shower, and is shameful... not for national consumption. It reinforces my hate of people in general.

I dunno, I've seen that avatar on anything from Gun forums to Special Forces pic of the day type sites... I always wonder (in the back of my head) if that's you (as I tend to use the same Avatar for myself in multiple forums), but I know you're not necessarily a "military" firearms focused collector. By that I mean no offense, it just doesn't seem that your a very big Gear Head/ "Tacticool" guy, up on the latest and greatest from the SoF teams and what form of PC their wearing and what type of Acog they've put up on the rail of their weapons.

I know we have discussed the Neopup a bit before, but this is some new footage.

I would love to try one. I suspect that even the target practice rd would be impressive.

Yeah, I liked this so much I added it to the Kazei 5 sourcebook's weapons list.

I know we have discussed the Neopup a bit before, but this is some new footage.

I would love to try one. I suspect that even the target practice rd would be impressive.

I was... unimpressed. It looks good against soft targets, but I suspect it wouldn't do much against even light armor.

Here's's what I wrote on it:

Description: The PAW-20 is a hand-held semi-automatic grenade launcher. It uses a 7-round box magazine, and is notable for having the pistol grip and trigger mechanism mounted alongside the weapon, rather than under it. It normally uses high explosive rounds that detonate on impact, but can be loaded with a variety of ammunition types, including incendiary and rubber. The weapon is normally equipped with a collimating sight, but can accept targeting options, such as a laser sight, telescopic scope, or targeting computer.

I was... unimpressed. It looks good against soft targets' date=' but I suspect it wouldn't do much against even light armor.[/quote']

If you want an anti-armor weapon, there are lots of them. This is for the large percentage of targets that do not need a large HEAT round.

For stopping suicide car bombs at checkpoints, it looks pretty darned nice.

Reasonable effectiveness on troops in the open.

I showed the clip to an Ex-SWAT sniper, he thought it looked pretty useful.

As I recall, it is using standard shells from the 20x82mm cannon, just at a lower muzzle velocity. I suspect a high capacity HE version could be made if it was felt to be necessary.

I found this article on "grenade launcher" Developments interesting and useful.

If you want an anti-armor weapon' date=' there are lots of them. This is for the large percentage of targets that do not need a large HEAT round.[/quote']

I'm not even sure you could shoot up a humvee with this. Of course, there are large parts of the world where armored vehicles are almost non-existent. That may be their intended market.

As I recall, it is using standard shells from the 20x82mm cannon, just at a lower muzzle velocity.
No, it uses a specially-developed 20x42mm round. The muzzle velocity is a lot lower - 300m/s, as opposed to 720m/s. This gives it real problems with range and penetration.

I'm not even sure you could shoot up a humvee with this. Of course, there are large parts of the world where armored vehicles are almost non-existent. That may be their intended market.

No, it uses a specially-developed 20x42mm round. The muzzle velocity is a lot lower - 300m/s, as opposed to 720m/s. This gives it real problems with range and penetration.

Yes, the case is a lot shorter, but I think I read that the projectiles are the same ones used in the 20mm x82mm.

looks like I forgot to include the link to that article. http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/grenades.htm The new Russian AGL "Balkan" sounds intriguing, though probably big and heavy.

I dunno' date=' I've seen that avatar on anything from Gun forums to Special Forces pic of the day type sites... I always wonder (in the back of my head) if that's you (as I tend to use the same Avatar for myself in multiple forums), but I know you're not necessarily a "military" firearms focused collector. By that I mean no offense, it just doesn't seem that your a very big Gear Head/ "Tacticool" guy, up on the latest and greatest from the SoF teams and what form of PC their wearing and what type of Acog they've put up on the rail of their weapons.[/quote']

It isn't me. I'm on a few gun forums, but I'm not even sure if they allow avatars. =) No, I'm not really a military firearms focused guy. No offense taken at all. I'm not "tacticool" (though I do use that term, mostly mockingly) all that much outside of maybe my shotguns. I have only recently purchased any firearms that had any rails on them (both pistols, of which I've mounted a light on one of them), and I don't even know what you're talking about with "PC," though I am aware of what an Acog is.

I do own one red dot sight. Its an ultra-dot, and its on my S&W Performance Center 629 V-comp... mostly because I bent the rear sight on it trying to compensate for the huge blade sight they have on it, and I wanted to try one anyway. It looks stupid. I'll replace it with iron sights again in the future, either an XS 24/7 express sight or a more traditional sight with maybe a gold bead front sight.

The most "military" firearms that I'm interested in are shotguns of varying types, a pistol caliber carbine perhaps, with a bullpup design being desirable. I do have a vague interest in some of the gas-piston style AR platforms, but I dislike the idea of the 5.56mm round as I have an affinity for fat, heavy bullets, but not necessarily giant magnum type stuff. I stopped hurting myself on purpose many years back and would like to continue that trend as the arthritis is beginning already and its not looking good for the future. (Oddly, even though steel and concrete don't hit back, they still hurt you in the long run when you try to beat them up.)

The biggest scenarios I worry about, gun-wise, in order, are: self defense, home invasion and zombies. The first one is pointless since we don't have CCW here in Illannoy. I do not consider myself an "operator," a "ninja," a "gunny," or any such silliness. I have no affiliation with, nor did I participate in the armed forces. My attempts to do so were stopped by my father, and subsequent attempts were blocked by my being diabetic. I'm not bitter about it. =)

I do like to use the same avatar on all forums when possible, but I just don't participate in them nearly as much anymore and don't really keep too much track of it when emails aren't sent to me to check it out. =)

And, in games, its like my tag-line says... I think its just fun. I like ridiculous stuff in games. =) If I thought I could actually handle it, I'd love to have a revolver that fired 12 gauge shotgun slugs or sabots out of it. Sure, it'd probably be like 3 or 4 rounds, but hell, they'd be noticed... =) Alas, I think my poor wrists would complain even more.

I always liked the rotary 40mm grenade launcher dealies. They showed a version of it on future weapons or something once that I thought looked like a LOT of fun. =) I have no actual use for it, nor do I care, but he blew up a bunch of stuff with it and the idea of a 40mm shotgun round made me... excitable.