Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

Now that you've got the cool guns' date=' and the cool knives, and the cool...cannons...it's time for a cool trench coat so you can conceal your armory in style.[/quote']

It looks like its made from the trampled carcass of something that has paper for skin.... = / I think I'd shoot the idiot that made that coat unless it does something cool.

I won't bother to ask for details. TMI!

Nothing really sick... just have a thing for women who can shoot/fight or whatever and look good doing it. No idea if the ambassador is actually hot, just looks vaguely so, and that was enough.

If you want to dial your game back in time for some 70's funk [ and 1 form the 60's ] ..........

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/usa/asp-e.html

http://world.guns.ru/smg/usa/smith-wesson-m76-e.html

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/usa/high-standard-10a-10b-e.html

http://www.theunclegun.com/u.n.c.l.e.guns.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanna_77

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38366[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]38367[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]38368[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]38369[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]38370[/ATTACH]

I always find those videos kind of silly and wrong. A lot of the guys shooting it don't seem to have much shooting experience since a lot of them lean backwards when firing... makes me wonder if they're even told how big of a boomer that thing is. It kind of sits in with the videos where guys make little girls fire really big guns, so I never really like them much...

Not too long ago, a guy got shot and killed for doing that to his girlfriend with a handgun. The gun flipped up and over, ending up facing backwards, where the recoil and her inexperience made it fire again... shooting the would-be jokester. So now I'm sure she hates guns and has the trauma of killing her boyfriend to live with.

I don't wanna be the downer guy, but safe gun handling is pretty important and people doing that sort of thing all the time makes for bad press and a lot of would-be shooters who won't do it anymore in this anti-gun political climate of liberal idiots.

Thank you for informing me about the importance of safe gun handling as I had not picked up on that in my past 37 years of handling firearms.Well if you knew the back story of the video then you would know they knew it was a major caliber even if they had no or limited experience with said caliber. Even if that were the case everyone experiences a first time with major caliber firearm if they plan on shooting one. Everyone regardless of stance has almost the same experience with the .577 Tyranosaur which is why it is not a popular round besides its price. There is nothing unsafe about what they were doing. As I'm sure you are aware a bolt action cannot fire again without the bolt being lifted, manipulated to the rear and forward again and the the bolt then being set back into position which is not going to happen with "wild" recoil. Certainly the finish and furniture of the rifle was in danger, that can't be stated enough.

Actually it sounds like the boyfriends inexperience with firearms and perhaps she caries a firearm daily.

a funny vid is a funny vid.

Nothing really sick... just have a thing for women who can shoot/fight or whatever and look good doing it. No idea if the ambassador is actually hot' date=' just looks vaguely so, and that was enough.[/quote']

I was trying not to think about that. Married man, you know...

Thank you for informing me about the importance of safe gun handling as I had not picked up on that in my past 37 years of handling firearms.Well if you knew the back story of the video then you would know they knew it was a major caliber even if they had no or limited experience with said caliber. Even if that were the case everyone experiences a first time with major caliber firearm if they plan on shooting one. Everyone regardless of stance has almost the same experience with the .577 Tyranosaur which is why it is not a popular round besides its price. There is nothing unsafe about what they were doing. As I'm sure you are aware a bolt action cannot fire again without the bolt being lifted, manipulated to the rear and forward again and the the bolt then being set back into position which is not going to happen with "wild" recoil. Certainly the finish and furniture of the rifle was in danger, that can't be stated enough.

Actually it sounds like the boyfriends inexperience with firearms and perhaps she caries a firearm daily.

a funny vid is a funny vid.

I wasn't trying to tell you that you didn't know safe gun handling. I just said I don't generally like videos where people fall all over the place while shooting something. I don't know the back-story to the video because its just been a video. If I came across as preachy, I didn't mean to. If I came across as just harumphing, I probably was. In general, I'm not a fan of that sort of thing. But, if you wanna be pissed about it, feel free to. Just saying I don't find 'em funny most of the time because of the above mentioned stories and people making other people hate shooting. That's it. I'll leave the "this is how you should do things" bits to all the arm-chair commandos and special-operator-ninja-high-speed-low-drag types. I live in liberal-land, so any tiny little thing happens and everyone is in another uproar to ban everything and that irritates me. I never once mentioned your safe gun handling or any of that. Funny is funny, and if I don't find it funny, that's it... nothing to really argue there.

The following weapon is real' date=' but their understanding of how it would have been used is kind of faulty (no percussion caps were available until well after the 15th century) [+3 videos I snipped']

Huh, those were all neat! I've never even seen the... uh... cannon on a stick? I'd heard of the cylinder change in the old revolvers but never seen it done, so that was cool. And I hadn't thought the sealed nagant thing was made for a silencer? That is pretty neat, though. Could hardly hear the thing while firing, which was not what I expected at all. Heh. Thanks for the contribution, but I just recently repped ya, so....

Huh' date=' those were all neat! I've never even seen the... uh... cannon on a stick? I'd heard of the cylinder change in the old revolvers but never seen it done, so that was cool. And I hadn't thought the sealed nagant thing was made for a silencer? That is pretty neat, though. Could hardly hear the thing while firing, which was not what I expected at all. Heh. Thanks for the contribution, but I just recently repped ya, so....[/quote']

I think the ability to silence the Nagant was a side effect. It picks up something like 350 fps compared to a conventional revolver in the same cartridge, so....

It looks like its made from the trampled carcass of something that has paper for skin.... = / I think I'd shoot the idiot that made that coat unless it does something cool.

By all means: if you have cool (and it doesn't have to be necessarily 100% functional) clothing for a gun fighter to wear, please do share. That post of mine was pretty much an attempt to get the ball rolling on attire suggestions/pictures/videos.

I think the ability to silence the Nagant was a side effect. It picks up something like 350 fps compared to a conventional revolver in the same cartridge' date=' so....[/quote']

I'd heard it was for additional velocity, but wasn't sure how well it worked. That's neat that it does that as well. Just had never seen a revolver silenced that worked. =) Just neat is all.

By all means: if you have cool (and it doesn't have to be necessarily 100% functional) clothing for a gun fighter to wear' date=' please do share. That post of mine was pretty much an attempt to get the ball rolling on attire suggestions/pictures/videos.[/quote']

Oh, sorry if I came across as being mean or anything, that wasn't my intention... it was just a weird coat to me. =) Hmm... clothes to wear to add to this? That's a good idea. Hadn't thought of it in that context. Lessee, what do I have here...

Well, Shadowrun is always a good source of pictures for gun-play and the like...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38396[/ATTACH]

And here's the Blade II Jessica Biel thing... :love:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38397[/ATTACH]

A design I submitted to Battlefield Heroes for christmas stuff, but still...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38398[/ATTACH]

The classic big leather duster and/or trench coat always works as well, though a bit generic...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38399[/ATTACH]

Not sure how the gun bunnies will take to a fashion show but it might be something new for this thread.

I'd heard it was for additional velocity, but wasn't sure how well it worked. That's neat that it does that as well. Just had never seen a revolver silenced that worked. =) Just neat is all.

Oh, sorry if I came across as being mean or anything, that wasn't my intention... it was just a weird coat to me. =) Hmm... clothes to wear to add to this? That's a good idea. Hadn't thought of it in that context. Lessee, what do I have here...

Well, Shadowrun is always a good source of pictures for gun-play and the like...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38396[/ATTACH]

And here's the Blade II Jessica Biel thing... :love:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38397[/ATTACH]

A design I submitted to Battlefield Heroes for christmas stuff, but still...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38398[/ATTACH]

The classic big leather duster and/or trench coat always works as well, though a bit generic...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38399[/ATTACH]

Not sure how the gun bunnies will take to a fashion show but it might be something new for this thread.

Cartridges of the world has the velocity data from both the Nagant and from a "conventional design" The peiper or some such.

By all means: if you have cool (and it doesn't have to be necessarily 100% functional) clothing for a gun fighter to wear' date=' please do share. That post of mine was pretty much an attempt to get the ball rolling on attire suggestions/pictures/videos.[/quote']

How about British SAS and an American Delta operator, that works for me :)

delta-force-iraq.jpg

How about British SAS and an American Delta operator, that works for me :)

delta-force-iraq.jpg

Too practical, and not flashy enough when it comes to what I envision...

If I were playing a semi-realistic special forces operator, then yes, an LBV with an Assault Vest or Dragon's Skin is par for the course. If i'm playing someone that could shoot the hemorrhoids off a midge while tumbling about, their clothing choice would have to be less tactical :P.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38416[/ATTACH]

Too practical, and not flashy enough when it comes to what I envision...

If I were playing a semi-realistic special forces operator, then yes, an LBV with an Assault Vest or Dragon's Skin is par for the course. If i'm playing someone that could shoot the hemorrhoids off a midge while tumbling about, their clothing choice would have to be less tactical :P.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38416[/ATTACH]

Heh, I love that look for the ladies... =)