WWYCD? Women City Savers Only

Hermit

Re: WWYCD? Women City Savers Only

Hmmm, Kodiak would do what needs to be done -- that's just the way he is. Plus one of his closest friends is an avatar he's known in both male and female incarnations, so he's at least been exposed to the idea. He'd deal with the consequences later...

Facet is a metamorph (though not a shapeshifter), so body alteration doesn't really bother him -- but while he doesn't really think of himself as human, he does still consider himself 'male', so it'd be interesting to see how that would work out...

Speedzone's sense of responsibility would have him accept the change, though he'd find it ironic, since earlier in his career a cosmic nuisance 'gave' his powers to his girl friend. Since she knows what it's like to have his powers, it'd be only fair that he know what it's like to be a woman. No, Hermit, that is not permission to run that scenario... (It'd be amusing though... :help:)

The Greek wouldn't even DREAM of asking guys to change into girls; the idea of a male losing his masculinity is quite repulsive to her. She's a bit old-fashioned that way. ;)

She would try to get together with other women to come up with a viable strategy, though, the goal being to first get the barrier dropped.

Beacon, on the other hand, would wonder what the whole fuss was about, and would have to have the whole gender, masculinity/femininity thing explained, and she'd STILL call the guys stupid for hesitating. Obviously, it was the best solution; what did what they looked like have to do with it?

She's a mentalist cultivated to be emotionless and uncaring, and, well, it worked, except that emotionless doesn't mean without a conscience.

Weather Girl would probably fret a bit, then swoop in to stop the sorceresses, not waiting to see if her male teammates took them up on it or not. She'd likely find the recurring villains from her campaign (as many of them were female) to see if they could be begged, bribed or cajoled into doing good, for a change. (There were some very interesting shades of grey in that campaign world.)

Singirl (Teen Champions character) would sneer and laugh at any male not comfortable enough in his sexuality to choose a temporary gender change. Any waffling would get some very tempting offers from her (as she is a succubus, she isn't beyond bribery through titillation). She wouldn't go in alone, but fortunately knows several female heroes. She'd also attempt to recruit her mother, whose powers are much more fully-formed, and would take great pains to protect her mother's true identity in exchange for her help.

The Mask of Justice: Is going to have to volunteer. As his setting is the Golden Age, there just aren't enough female mystery men even in New York City to do the job solo. Although his prejudices are muted while he wears the mask (seeing the truth does that to you), the side effects would make him slightly less effective in hand-to-hand combat while simultaneously making him slightly overconfident. He'd try to stay in the mask during the entire transformed period, removing it only for quick meals in private.

Calculus: Prefers not to appear in public at all, thank you. He'll establish a comm center outside the perimeter and coordinate the strategy from there. It's not that he's afraid of a gender switch, he's just better used for his brain.

Rock Bottom: Is legally obligated to do whatever it takes to save Baltimore. And it's not as though a rock woman is any sillier than a rock man, really. He may or may not turn into a lesbian.

Kira Midori: Will gratefully accept any help she can get from her braver male colleagues, as fighting mages is not her forte. If her romantic interest switches, she'd be uncomfortable around him.

Talion: Keeping in mind that the spell would backlash for a gender switch to the mage as well, Talion considers this as just another humiliating day on the job. Also, due to his healing factor, the spell is likely to wear off much sooner than a week. (If the villainess isn't beaten yet, watch him swoosh back out of the city.) The side effects are likely to make him fickle, shallowly obsessed with appearance, and cruel towards men. This will teach him nothing.

Vitus D'rhazz ur Kashrak ul R'rasdd would be deeply perturbed by the gender-changing suggestion. He may well be a hyena-derived humanoid, with a superhumanly well-trained and inventive concubine, but he also comes from a patriarchal, slave-keeping culture with strictly vanilla sexual mores.

The legendary Girdle of Gender Reassignment notwithstanding.

Zero/Truman Golightly would also be greatly bothered by the idea - he has serious mother-issues.

Surely any male character transformed into a female would have enough difficulties adapting to a new form and just relearning how to walk that they would be better of leaving the fight to those original heroines in the first place. Further to this wouldnt a lot of men as women spend a fair bit of time exploring their new self.

Inside the city isn't the only crisis.

I think the vast majority of my male heroes would let the heroines take the fight inside (hopefully with help from other heroines from elsewhere) while they try to help cope with the issues outside.

Suddenly there are millions of males outside the city. Young boys -some of them infants- who are children of single mothers, separated by the barrier from their caregivers. Men popped out from their hospital care, their daily medicines, their dialysis, shelter from the elements, etc. An instant massive refugee crisis of near-Katrina proportions. And don't forget all the male supervillains and male VIPER agents etc. are out in the mix too.

Those that get to just go in and fight the sorceress have the easy job. :P Hope they win quick!

Inside the city isn't the only crisis.

I think the vast majority of my male heroes would let the heroines take the fight inside (hopefully with help from other heroines from elsewhere) while they try to help cope with the issues outside.

Suddenly there are millions of males outside the city. Young boys -some of them infants- who are children of single mothers, separated by the barrier from their caregivers. Men popped out from their hospital care, their daily medicines, their dialysis, shelter from the elements, etc. An instant massive refugee crisis of near-Katrina proportions. And don't forget all the male supervillains and male VIPER agents etc. are out in the mix too.

Those that get to just go in and fight the sorceress have the easy job. :P Hope they win quick!

Holy [!@] Batman! :eek:

I hadn't even thought of that.

No way would or could Darkstar afford to be transformed into a woman to fight the sorceress! He would be MUCH to busy out here! :help:

(B.T.W., any heroines with doubts about the "wrongness" of what the sorceress had just done, would likely have them erased by looking at this disaster.) :D

I need to rep Supreme Serpent when I am able to again!

I got him.

Excellent points, Serpent. It's amazing to think of how fast a city would fall apart if any significant sector of its population suddenly wasn't there.

Uncle Slam has faith that the heroines can handle it, and there are always fires burning out there that he can put out in the meantime. Besides he'd look pretty funny as Aunt Slamantha. Maybe "Lady Liberty", in a star-spangled toga. Especially if he kept the beard.

Anthem and Audra blue obviously have the inside track and can do the work that needs done.

(By the way, my players think I was really strange if I created a scenario that forced them to be women... not that I'm not strange anyway...)

Ezekiel Blackthorne: Assuming he didn't have strong enough wards of his own in place to counter this, Zeke is going to be REALLY pissed off at being so suddenly and rudely evicted from his own office/penthouse! Oh, and if the sorceress and her cohorts haven't all been killed when the force bubble comes down, they can be sure they just secured themselves a spot on his hit list.

Surely any male character transformed into a female would have enough difficulties adapting to a new form and just relearning how to walk that they would be better of leaving the fight to those original heroines in the first place. Further to this wouldnt a lot of men as women spend a fair bit of time exploring their new self.

Well, I figure the "magic" is helping out with that, to the point that it's causing the intrusive "side effects" mentioned above.

And yes, after the crisis is over, there's likely to be some time left to consider the more...interesting...aspects of the situation.

Lab Rat would do so in a heartbeat just so he can help save the city. Unlike most teenage boys, he puts more priority in heroism than masculinity. And besides, it's only a week, and he never really saw the personality differences as anything but stereotype anyway.

Sonic Eagle: "Only a week? I'll just say my sister temorarily took up the mantle if anybody asks afterwards."

Reinard the Fox would probably have the most trouble adapting to being a woman. The reason being that cartoon women are not as cartoony as cartoon men. Though he does acknowledge that there are rare exceptions, which he may have to put to the forefront (resulting in a sort of Minerva Fox kind of look). She would then try to get in as fast as possible to get away from the guys outside.

Kitsune is already female, and would resort to stealth and steal the artifact responsible for the spell.

All my current char's are female. Some would go in and let the men follow or not, some would wait for the men to decide, a few would point to the refugee problem and tell/suggest the men deal with that. There's one that would not go in, because the refugee mess needs help more than the city (in her opinion).

A few might snicker at the transformed men, a few might (pretend to) ignore it. Most would tell the men to remember what it feels like, and to learn from it. Especially after tricking them into "parading" past some MCPs. :eg:

Most of the women will go where the men are (the opposite is also true) - that city will drop to a token population fairly quick. That means female supers can focus on strategic control of the city and its potential targets (be they banks, research facilities, museums, etcetera).

If I'm a man I can't do a darned thing about it unless I'm Earth's Uber-Mystic or some such. Within that context I provide research, planning, and logistical support for my female compatriots/agents who will have to move in and play a chess game to maintain order in the city and counter villainous machinations until the enchantment can be lifted.

In terms of "my campaign" (which is just a reference point for potential scenarios):

The head of the Freedom has the advantage that most of his trained supernormal operatives (commandos, ninjas, whatever) are male, while his power-centric agents (who weigh in among some of the most potent in the world) are almost all female (except the undead occultist). This would allow him to deploy the main punching power of his force in the front while the men conduct support operations outside the city (locating the necessary information and raiding to get it to undue the enchantment?) until the enchantment can be lifted.

Ultimatium is your typical teen hero and has too much of a "tough boy" image to spend even a week as female. He's a blantent Ultraboy ripoff.

If he was convinced or tricked into it, the side effects would, of course, make his hair blond and turn him into a young Supergirl ripoff with the added problem of still being able to use only one power at a time. His personality would turn from a "typical jock" into that of a shy and unsure teenager. Overall, it might be good for him to fly a mile in high heels boots. :sneaky:

Whats an MCP?

Revenant: Would assess whether or not he was needed inside. If not, hed continue doing what needed to be done outside the barrier. If there were insufficient female heroes to take the sorceress down, hed go thru the barrier without a second thought. The gender transformation wouldnt really have much effect on him, other than changes in his physical capabilities (reduced upper body strength, altered center of balance, etc).

Spirit Eagle: Being female, she would stay in the city. If her boyfriend, Requiem, were transformed, shed find it interesting, but not be squicked by it or bothered by it. She be dying to find out what American Eagle and Revenant would look like if they cross over! :D

An "MCP" is a Male Chauvinist Pig. By tradition, an MCP exemplifys all the negative stereotypes of macho thought and behavior, while simultaneously holding the most stereotypical negative views of women. An MCP will shout sexual comments at random women on the street--not because he's attracted to them, but simply because they're women. If he's a boss, he'll be strictly enforcing the glass ceiling, and sexually harrassing his underlings to the extent he thinks he can get away with.

MCPs tell horrid sexist "jokes" and grope women for fun, and then whine that women "don't got a sense of humor."

And they are more common than most women would like.