Treasure Trove of Cool Old Hero/Champions Stuff That I Found

CorPse

[image Attached]

I've mentioned the Game Store that Time Forgot a couple of times...

This time I took my camera, as you can see there's a grab bag of older Hero books of all kinds. All the stuff looks new, but it seems to have it's original '80s prices.

The owner seems willing to do mail order if you give an exact product number. I think Derek Hiemforth is the owner of a complete list of Hero stuff, so you should be able to co-ordinate that with the image if you want something.

Here's the store info... keep in mind that I'm not affiliated with it in any way and would be happy to edit this post if it violates board policy...

American Eagles Hobby Shop

12537 Lake City Way NE

Seattle, WA 98125

(206) 440-8448

(206) 363-6569 (fax)

Re: Treasure Trove of Cool Old Hero/Champions Stuff That I Found

Do they have an e-mail? :)

I had to dig it up from their business card, but here's the email. Not sure if it's case sensitive, tho I doubt it:

AMEAGLES@IX.NETCOM.COM

Come to think of it, does Netcom still exist? Someone let me know if the address works and I'll add it to the listing above...

Here's a fax # for them: 206.363.6569

Showing once again that Seattle is the most viable tourist destination in the USA.

Other than places with nice weather.

Yes--no one else needs to move here! :mad:

Come visit American Eagles and then return from whence you came. :D

I had to dig it up from their business card, but here's the email. Not sure if it's case sensitive, tho I doubt it:

AMEAGLES@IX.NETCOM.COM

Come to think of it, does Netcom still exist? Someone let me know if the address works and I'll add it to the listing above...

Here's a fax # for them: 206.363.6569

It wouldn't be case sensitive, but ix.netcom.com went away quite some time ago. And the old website shows a different inactive email.

Did a little google and found they used to have a website: americaneagleshobbies.com, but it doesn't exist anymore. Last time wayback got it was 9/11/2006

Via the wayback machine, we find that there is a Tahoma store.

5413 South Tacoma Way

Tacoma, WA 98409

And here's the old About us

I have a few of those. But I sure could use a few more. Why doesn't this guy have an ebay store?

Well, I think that he's a lot more into the model/mini side of his business now. There's a lot of stock that's just been sitting there. Forever.

He's a little older, too, and it may be that he just doesn't want to put in the effort to go there? But, yeah, you think an eBay store would be an ideal way for him to move the old stock out. You could work on it while things are slow in the store.

You mentioned it had the original 80s prices. Is that what he is selling them for?

Oh, yes...

I saw that Champions III was going for $10. for example. On a whim I got Robot Gladiators a supplement for Robot Warriors for $6.

And, as I mentioned above, the guy is having a sale on the 15th where everything is 20% off the regular price!

Anybody want to visit? :D

There are some great spots for old gaming material around Seattle.

I used to go to a place call Wonderworld in Burien that has since closed as retail store and switched to all online ordering. He has a lot of this older stuff. I got a great looking copy of Watchers of the Dragon from him. Dave Nelson, the owner, still does business on Amazon and I believe EBay.

There is also a place on Greenwood called Gary's that had some older stuff in their used games section that looked to be in good condition. They have a web site:

http://www.garysgamesandhobbies.com/

I have to make my way up to Lake City to take a look at this place. Looking at the photos, I saw some lost loves on those racks.

:eek:

I've seen stores with a selection of older HERO stuff, but not that breadth of pre-4E material in one place for at least a dozen years. Several of the non-Champions items, like Danger International or first edition Star Hero, are particularly tough to find. Thank you, CorPse, for bringing this to our attention. :hail:

The owner seems willing to do mail order if you give an exact product number. I think Derek Hiemforth is the owner of a complete list of Hero stuff' date=' so you should be able to co-ordinate that with the image if you want something. [/quote']

Here's where you can find Derek's excellent list: http://rhinobunny.com/derek/champions/herogameslist.html

:eek:

I've seen stores with a selection of older HERO stuff, but not that breadth of pre-4E material in one place for at least a dozen years. Several of the non-Champions items, like Danger International or first edition Star Hero, are particularly tough to find. Thank you, CorPse, for bringing this to our attention. :hail:

Here's where you can find Derek's excellent list: http://rhinobunny.com/derek/champions/herogameslist.html

I couldn't help but notice that Strikeforce and Lands of Mystery are nowhere to be found.

Gosh dang it!! :mad:

There is also a place on Greenwood called Gary's that had some older stuff in their used games section that looked to be in good condition.

Hmmmm, I seem to remember long ago (nearly 30 years) that American Eagles was on Greenwood, and they practically had almost anything a gamer could want.