A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Egyptiod' date=' I love the costume for Missouri turbo. But why does it say Twins over the picture?[/quote']

There is a Kansas character with "Turbo" over the top right of the pic.

I'm guessing they are the "Kansas City" Turbo Twins since there are 2 different Kansas Cities.

Momenta

MomntaFH.png

(Background information is located behind the Spoiler button.)

Background/History: From the time she was very young, Janna was different. She was always a little taller than her classmates, and a little stronger. She never had a broken bone, never even got sick. And at the age of 19, she was hit by a drunk driver. Not only did the crash not hurt her, it didn't even knock her down. Since nothing extraordinary had ever happened to her, she figured she must be a mutant.

The truth was something else entirely.

Over the past fifty years or so, Zeus had been contemplating a comeback. Sure, those mortals he left in charge when he took his leave of Earth were never too bright, but this was just too much. Those impudent mortals had come to deny the need - even the existence - of any of the gods. And a few of them, superheroes and supervillains, as they called themselves, had even begun claiming to be gods - or at least acting like gods, which was no better. Something had to be done, and Zeus was just the god to do it.

Of course, for maximum effectiveness, Zeus realized that he needed an avatar (read: flunkie) to fight his enemies and carry out his plans while he schemed and plotted. Heracles and Ares had always served adequately in the past for such things. But Heracles no longer seemed interested in conquest, and Ares had become too treacherous and bloodthirsty to be trusted. He'd just have to get an avatar the old fashioned way....

For reasons unfathomable to any but himself, Zeus chose a rather average Chicago housewife, Stacy Allen. He abducted her husband George, a construction foreman, and gave him a one-day case of amnesia. Then, shapeshifted to resemble George in every particular, he appeared at Stacy's door with a dozen red roses and a bottle of wine (provided by Bacchus and guaranteed to increase both her desire for him and her fertility). Stacy was shocked to see such a display of affection and romance from her husband (or so she thought), and the rest, as they say, is history. Stacy still remembers that night fondly, and George still believes he hit his head on a steel I-beam the following morning, resulting in a concussion and slight memory loss.

Janna, of course, knows nothing of this. She just knows that she's got talents beyond what is normally considered 'human'. She never went into athletics, much to the chagrin of her school's basketball and volleyball coaches. She didn't think it would be fair. She was a cheerleader one year, but gave it up when it became apparent that she and the head cheerleader had a 'personality conflict'. So she tried to fit in, as best a girl of her height could. And she did quite a job of it.

Janna finished an average high school career, graduating somewhere in the top half of her class. She went to a local business college and got a particularly ordinary job as an administrative assistant at a real estate agency. She lives in a typical apartment, drives a nondescript car, and has a rather boring social life. To all appearances, Janna Allen is Ms. Average.

The truth is something else entirely.

Personality/Motivation: Janna is a practical, no-nonsense kind of girl. In her 'civilian' occupation, she is pragmatic, efficient, and reliable. She is just assertive enough to keep people from thinking she's 'just a secretary'. Those who work with her would probably say that she has no social life and lives for her job. Nonetheless, she is friendly, intelligent, and articulate for those who get to know her.

Janna realizes that she's different and tries to play down those differences so as to avoid potential conflicts. She chooses the way that she dresses, speaks, and behaves to avoid bringing undue attention to herself. She has mastered the art of going mostly unnoticed.

But in the world of crimefighting, Janna lets down her hair - literally as well as figuratively. She is a confident and aggressive combatant and shows off her strength and power. She engages in the banter that permeates most superfights, something that meek, boring Janna would never do. She is aware of her limitations but tends not to worry about them too much. Fighting, even with the risk of getting seriously injured, is a release from the self-imposed tedium of her secret identity. She'd love nothing more than to be a full-time superhero.

Quote: "Cool it with the attitude or I'll knock you to Buffalo."

Powers/Tactics: Like her many notable half-siblings (Heracles, for example), Janna is half human, half Olympian god. As such, she has extraordinary strength, endurance, and toughness. She is resistant to mental attacks, and she is immune to most terrestrial diseases and to extremes in temperature.

She also has abilities that appear to be unique to her. When she strikes a target using her strength, she is able to impart additional kinetic energy above and beyond the force of her blow. As a result, she can knock her opponents tremendous distances. She is also apparently able to absorb a portion of the kinetic energy of an opponent's blow, and consequently is resistant to being knocked down or knocked back herself.

Janna has been in the superhero business long enough to have picked up some fighting tips from other heroes. She has received some martial arts training and is an above average hand-to-hand combatant.

In combat, Momenta fights pretty much like a typical brick. She doesn't use a lot of typical 'brick tricks', however, because she's not quite as strong as a lot of other bricks. She's not likely to try to cause shockwaves or throw buses at the opposition. Insted, she prefers to wade right in and mix it up one on one. She likes to try to hit an opponent so that he'll fly into a wall or something similarly damaging. Momenta tends to leave a lot of property damage in her wake.

Appearance: Janna Allen is a rather attractive woman - or would be, if she tried to be. She has long auburn hair that she typically wears pulled up. She's tall (6' 4") and has a good build. She typically doesn't wear makeup and has a girl-next-door sort of attractiveness. She typically dresses in conservative clothes, both at work and in her limited social activities. As Momenta, Janna wears her hair down and wears more makeup than usual.

you have the jusice lords down pat baloo don't forget it was later established that their words flash's[who had died in action by the time of the story] uniform was identical to prof. zooms

Yeah, but since he's dead (at least as of that episode) I didn't bother.

Presenting Conquerors Killers and Crooks!

So, one thing I've noticed is how few people seem to want to take a crack at established CU characters. Since I figured out a way to use the Heromatic to make cool looking counters, I realized I needed artwork to use for them. And if I was going to go through that much trouble, why stop at head shots?

So, without further ado, in in my ensuing posts, I shally present my progress so far on the bad guys from Conquerors Killers and Crooks, with the following notes:

1. One of two of these may be repeats I posted before I started this project.

2. With one or two exceptions, I've relied entirely on Heromatic to produce the artwork. This explains Ankylosaur's lame tail. At some point, I'll likely go into Photoshop and play around a bit more, but I didn't need to do so for my counter making.

3. In a number of cases, I had to deviate from the original character artwork or descriptions to fit my design to the limits of Heromatic. For instance, there's only one crown out there, so anyone with a crown gets it. In many cases, these are minor changes. In a few, it's fairly major, but I see that as the animation studio getting hold of the project. :)

Villainy to follow...

Psi

I hated these guys to begin with. As a result, I had little desire to mess with some of the fiddly bits of their costumes (the Psi emblem, f'rinstance). These will have to do unless someone wants to play with them.

2686304913_7e6ceb8d97.jpg?v=0

Psimon

2686305005_d8e1b7e196.jpg?v=0

Hypnos

2686305091_d98d0c6e19.jpg?v=0

Lancer

2687120378_dec2ed8407.jpg?v=0

Medusa

2686305341_eb7fddcda9.jpg?v=0

Mind Slayer

2687120988_39e0ec55e9.jpg?v=0

Torment

The Ultimates - "We go back to first edition!"

There are three areas where I wish Heromatic had more options: Wings, Helmets, and Firearms. Hell, I wish it had ANY science fiction looking firearms. As a result, I tended not to arm gun wielders. I didn't need the gun for the headshot and it wasn't worth fiddling with.

2687120724_4ff494726f.jpg?v=0

Binder

2686305837_5cf7eff99e.jpg?v=0

Blackstar

2686306163_dfe79a252c.jpg?v=0

Cyclone

2686306323_29fffd9609.jpg?v=0

Radium

2686306439_39f4ed711b.jpg?v=0

Slick

2687121938_e7f556433b.jpg?v=0

Thunderbolt I