A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: The Geodesics!

So, we're doing villains now, are we? Well, I've got a group of villains here from the Old School:

Orb, Diamond, Ultraviolet, and Dart!

GOrbFH.pngGDiamdFH.pngGUltViFH.pngGDartFH.png

Other than the Mark Williams pics that appeared way back in Enemies, I don't recall any particular descriptions of these costumes ever being given...like what colors they were, for example. So I started with the one I thought was pretty obvious (Ultraviolet = purple) and extrapolated from there.

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Villain is it?

Well here is the first part of a villain team that I am using for my Teen Champion campaign. Joan and her family was just your normal family until the day the Producer showed up and cast them into the the roles of the Perfect family from the 1950's sitcom That's Perfect! Now they are slaves to the Producer's criminal whims.

[b]Perfect Mom - Joan Danvers[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
10    STR     0   10      11-       HTH Damage 2d6  END [1]
20    DEX     30  20      13-       OCV 7 DCV 7
17    CON     14  17      12-
10    BODY    0   10      11-
11    INT     1   11      11-       PER Roll 11-/12-
10    EGO     0   10      11-       ECV: 3
15    PRE     5   15/30   12- / 15- PRE Attack: 3d6 / 6d6
18    COM     4   18      13-
5     PD      3   5/9                5/9 PD (0/4 rPD)
6     ED      3   6/10               6/10 ED (0/4 rED)
4     SPD     10   4                 Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
6     REC     2    6
34    END     0   34
35    STUN   11   35
8     RUN     4   8"                 END [2]
2     SWIM    0   2"                 END [1]
3     LEAP    1   3"                 3" forward, 1 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 88[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
8     [b][i]Don't hit your Mother[/i][/b]: +2 with DCV (10 Active Points); Only versus Teens and under (-1/4) - END=
10     [b][i]Eyes in the Back of her head[/i][/b]: Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) with Sight Group - END=0
2     [b][i]I Saw That[/i][/b]: +1 PER with Sight Group - END=0
50     [b][i]Mom Powers[/i][/b]: Multipower, 50-point reserve - END=
2u     1)  [b][i]Eat Your Vegatables[/i][/b]: Mind Control 10d6 (50 Active Points); Eat the nearest vegetables you can get. (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Stops Working If Mentalist Is Knocked Out (-1/4) - END=5
2u     2)  [b][i]Mom's Angry Gaze[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 6d6, STUN Only (+0) (30 Active Points); Beam (-1/4) - END=3
4u     3)  [b][i]No Running[/i][/b]: Change Environment 4" radius, -6" of any one mode of Movement, Selective Target (+1/2) (45 Active Points) - END=4
1u     4)  [b][i]Wait Until Your Father Gets Home[/i][/b]: +15 PRE (15 Active Points); Only to make PRE Attacks (-1/2) - END=
2u     5)  [b][i]You Have a Loose Thread (Sew em' Up)[/i][/b]: Entangle 4d6, 2 DEF (30 Active Points); IIF: Thread (-1/4), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), Can Be Missile Deflected (-1/4) - END=3
10     [b][i]Pearl Necklace[/i][/b]: Armor (4 PD/4 ED) (12 Active Points); IIF: Pearl Necklace (-1/4) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 91[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
4      +2 with Combat Driving
2      AK: Home Town 11-
3      Combat Driving 13-
3      PS: Cooking 12-
2      PS: Dancing 11-
1      PS: House Wife (Everyman) 12-
3      PS: Sewing 12-
3      Paramedics 11-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 21[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
5     Distinctive Features:  1950's Clothes (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15     Hunted:  Antilla Police 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, Harshly Punish)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Completely Loyal to the Producer (Common, Strong)
20     Psychological Limitation:  In love with the Perfect Dad (Common, Total)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Motherly (Common, Strong)
15     Social Limitation:  Public ID (Frequently, Major)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 85[/b]

Base Pts: 115
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 200

So, we're doing villains now, are we? Well, I've got a group of villains here from the Old School:

Orb, Diamond, Ultraviolet, and Dart!

GOrbFH.pngGDiamdFH.pngGUltViFH.pngGDartFH.png

Other than the Mark Williams pics that appeared way back in Enemies, I don't recall any particular descriptions of these costumes ever being given...like what colors they were, for example. So I started with the one I thought was pretty obvious (Ultraviolet = purple) and extrapolated from there.

Nice! The only color versions I ever saw were in the Steve Jackson Games Cardboard Heroes set.

Wow! This thing is a blast! I had to listen to a bunch of audio files this morning, and it gave me the perfect opportunity to fiddle with it. So here are the Protectors and Coatlicue from To Serve and Protect (at least, as close as I could come using just the tool). In order of appearance: Quasar, Ace, Huntsman, Renegade, Dr. Wraithe, Doc Sonic (more in next post)...

quasarys3.jpgacevc5.jpghuntsmanhe9.jpg

renegadeeq7.jpgwarlockyl4.jpgdocsonicly6.jpg

I wasn't aware such a thing even existed. Was I even close on the color schemes?

It came out back in the day. It was a nice set, with Denis Loubet artwork that I think showed up later in the 4th edition GM's screen.

The tricky part is that my set has been "based" (hot glued to pennies) for about 23 years or so, so I'm having to do a lot of close looking to guess at who's who unless it's really obvious. Looking at my set, I can see what I'm pretty sure is Ultraviolet (she's in a very generic blue-ish purple outfit), but none of the others are immediately recognizable.

I also seem to recall a somewhat reformed version of UV showed up in a later issue of Adventurer's Club. A quick check of the collection shows it was AC #22, "Castle Security."

Wow! This thing is a blast! I had to listen to a bunch of audio files this morning' date=' and it gave me the perfect opportunity to fiddle with it. So here are the Protectors and Coatlicue from [i']To Serve and Protect[/i] (at least, as close as I could come using just the tool). In order of appearance: Quasar, Ace, Huntsman, Renegade, Dr. Wraithe, Doc Sonic (more in next post)...

quasarys3.jpgacevc5.jpghuntsmanhe9.jpg

renegadeeq7.jpgwarlockyl4.jpgdocsonicly6.jpg

*Geekgasm*

Must spread some reputation around before...

Think I finally got a decent look for Steeltrap (Speedzone's finance in oMaM), and a risque look for the 'adult' version of Knock Out in the Horizon game (I also did a version w/o the jacket, but Recluse was afraid she might catch cold... ;D)...

Think I finally got a decent look for Steeltrap (Speedzone's finance in oMaM)' date=' and a risque look for the 'adult' version of Knock Out in the Horizon game (I also did a version w/o the jacket, but Recluse was afraid she might catch cold... ;D)...[/quote']

That's not a decent look for Steeltrap. That's a great look. :thumbup:

I so miss my copy of To Serve and Destroy...

Destroy? Hmm. Would have been a nice title, actually.

If I remember correctly, I originally named the book something simple like Betryal! or Betrayal of the Protectors. The folks over at Iron Crown changed it to To Serve and Protect (which bugged me for a while, because our local police department at the time had a different slogan plastered all over their vehicles: "To Protect and Serve").

And if you are really missing your copy, there are usually some available from resellers at places like Amazon.com. (Check here for the current list.)

Destroy? Hmm. Would have been a nice title, actually.

If I remember correctly, I originally named the book something simple like Betryal! or Betrayal of the Protectors. The folks over at Iron Crown changed it to To Serve and Protect (which bugged me for a while, because our local police department at the time had a different slogan plastered all over their vehicles: "To Protect and Serve").

And if you are really missing your copy, there are usually some available from resellers at places like Amazon.com. (Check here for the current list.)

Woops, sorry about the title.

And thanks for the link.

Didn't expect the team palette to be shifted so much toward indigo. If Helios leaves' date=' the team would be blue.[/quote']

Yeah, that's absolutely true; there is too much blue in the overall designs. (Though Helios is not the only non-blue character; Ace is basically black & white, Huntsman is a mix of greens and browns, etc.)

Remember that these originally started out as player characters, with each person desiging their own uniforms. Some of the designs have gone through radical changes in order to present the team for publication (Doc Sonic was originally a male, for example, dressed in an outfit that was about 50/50 red/blue with white trim), though I tried to honor the original concept as much as possible.

If I rework the team at some point, I'd probably do an overhaul on several of the costume designs in order to present a more balanced palette representative of what we might see in a typical team comic.

Fighting Crime Down Under comes in a nice package. Criminals beware the Lady of the Night! Black Swan!

This one is actually pretty cool. I've been looking for a nice Bat-analogue for Australia for a while. I must admit I wasn't thinking about one based in WA, though.

Apparently I can't rep you at the moment.

Fools! Those so called Heroes of Australia, Black Swan, Banana Woman, Sea Dragon, Piping Shrike, New South Wailer, and Tasmanian Tiger are mere flies waiting to be devoured by the criminal mastermind known as Doctor Cane Toad! Soon the world will tremble under my amphibian gaze! Beware! Mwahaaa haha!

This is ColdFire, my PC in the Freak Squad campaign. Her teammates include a semi-malfunctioning cyborg, a human-sized amoeba, a Ridley Scott-style alien, a vampire, and a superpowered burn victim whose skin/flesh has never quite grown back. ColdFire and the vampire (also female) both have 20+ COM scores; the rest of the team are in the 0-8 COM range.

AbbyFH.png

I've also made an image of ColdFire using that other Hero Machine program:

ColdFrHM.png

Although the two outfits are similar, she doesn't have a specific 'superhero costume'. Her real name is publicly known, and since she's always surrounded by icy blue mystic flames of cold, there's no way she could hide her identity even if she wanted to. So when she goes adventuring, she wears whatever she happens to be wearing at the moment.

Yeah' date=' that's absolutely true; there [i']is[/i] too much blue in the overall designs. (Though Helios is not the only non-blue character; Ace is basically black & white, Huntsman is a mix of greens and browns, etc.)

Remember that these originally started out as player characters, with each person desiging their own uniforms. Some of the designs have gone through radical changes in order to present the team for publication (Doc Sonic was originally a male, for example, dressed in an outfit that was about 50/50 red/blue with white trim), though I tried to honor the original concept as much as possible.

If I rework the team at some point, I'd probably do an overhaul on several of the costume designs in order to present a more balanced palette representative of what we might see in a typical team comic.

It was a pun ;).

Now we know where your avatar came from, Quazar's tabard/tunic.

I had The Protectors pretty intimately entwined in my game back in the day, although I had to tweak them a bit to fit. Hope you don't mind that I used Quazar and Helios as cohorts of Firewing.

a semi malfunctionong cyborg"

you have DYNOMUTT in your campaign?

Dynomutt? Wow, that takes me back.... :)

Actually, the cyborg in question used to be one of Doctor Destroyer's most trusted minions in an alternate reality. When he went rogue, he started dimension-hopping and ended up on this world. The trip fried some of his circuitry, so some of his abilities are unreliable at best.

Yeah' date=' that's absolutely true; there [i']is[/i] too much blue in the overall designs. (Though Helios is not the only non-blue character; Ace is basically black & white, Huntsman is a mix of greens and browns, etc.)

So why did Doc Sonic get a sex change? Increased gender balance for publication?