Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

1 hour ago, tkdguy said:

I once saw a YouTube video on Korean street food showing a "New York style" hot dog. It included a slice of fish cake and ketchup.

GROSS!!!!  DISGUSTING FILTH!!!!    What kind of subhuman fool puts ketchup on a hot dog!!!!

This is humor, please don’t write me to defend your sins.    (tongue placed firmly in cheek)

14 minutes ago, Tjack said:

GROSS!!!!  DISGUSTING FILTH!!!!    What kind of subhuman fool puts ketchup on a hot dog!!!!

This is humor, please don’t write me to defend your sins.    (tongue placed firmly in cheek)

I know, right? :winkgrin:

Seriously, I don't have a problem with how someone eats his or her food. But inaccurately labeling something, especially when selling the item, that I have a problem with.

22 minutes ago, tkdguy said:

I know, right? :winkgrin:

Seriously, I don't have a problem with how someone eats his or her food. But inaccurately labeling something, especially when selling the item, that I have a problem with.

This looks like it's from China, where a lot of people wouldn't know the difference between a hotdog and a hamburger unless someone explained it to them. And they might not even find eating one at all desirable, in which case they wouldn't care.

10 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

This looks like it's from China, where a lot of people wouldn't know the difference between a hotdog and a hamburger unless someone explained it to them. And they might not even find eating one at all desirable, in which case they wouldn't care.

Not necessarily. There are McDonald's restaurants in China, and one of them made the news for its racist policy.

16 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

6 hours ago, tkdguy said:

Not necessarily. There are McDonald's restaurants in China, and one of them made the news for its racist policy.

I read the article, and that's just horrible. But sadly it is typical of China -- and Japan, for that matter.

22 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

The poster is in Japanese - the larger text under the tomato means something along the lines of "A perfect score for a substantial meal!"  The rest of it is too blurry to make out (not that I would be able to without consulting dictionaries, anyway...)

On 5/13/2020 at 5:50 PM, Michael Hopcroft said:

Yeah, they're not alone in that. I have to turn off the part of my brain that knows how hot dogs are made and what's in them every time I go to a family cookout or sporting event. And almost always choose burgers or Philly sandwiches instead if they're available.

16 hours ago, rravenwood said:

The poster is in Japanese - the larger text under the tomato means something along the lines of "A perfect score for a substantial meal!"  The rest of it is too blurry to make out (not that I would be able to without consulting dictionaries, anyway...)

Twenty-plus years in anime fandom and I still don't recognize a substantial difference in the two writing systems enough to let me tell one from another on sight.

On 5/14/2020 at 11:41 AM, Michael Hopcroft said:

I read the article, and that's just horrible. But sadly it is typical of China -- and Japan, for that matter.

While here in the U.S. Asians are going through the same kind of discrimination.  Ignorance, fear and stupidity know no borders.

6 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

Twenty-plus years in anime fandom and I still don't recognize a substantial difference in the two writing systems enough to let me tell one from another on sight.

That's okay, 17 years of marriage to a Japanese wife hasn't granted me enough grammatical knowledge to follow any conversation more than a couple seconds.  I learned the characters in the hiragana and katakana syllabaries (which is how I recognized it was written in Japanese), and am familiar with some of the kanji, but my actual language ability is rather atrocious...  At some point hopefully I can actually devote the time necessary to improve that.