Poison's Champions Art Thread

Poison

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Poison's Champions Art Thread

I actually thought of having a contest for a free drawing.

Like start a thread to have each person submit ONE entry only per person (could be hero or villain). Then I would make a list based on all those entries (if there was a lot), then posting a POLL for everyone here to vote for the one in that shortened list as to which one they would like to see...

The entries would have to have a full Character sheet, background, and costume design description (and any other flavour the poster thought appropriate)...

Not sure if people would like that or not tho. :help:

That is a good idea. But considering your great artwork' date=' there will probably lots and lots of contestants.[/quote']

I am sure lots of people would want one, but when it comes down to it, you probably won't see a lot of people who will spend the time to write out a full character background, costume design description, as well as a full character sheet in a post. That is how I would limit the contestants. Only the people who reeeeeeally want one will spend the time to do it.

;)

If I were proven wrong, and there were a lot of entries however (I will be seriously surprised if this happens)... I would need a way to pare them down but keep the competition fair...

I think maybe I could break up the entries into multiple polls (almost like playoffs). Then consolidate the best 3-5 in each poll into one final poll to determine the final winner. "There can be only one..." Highlander playoffs baby!

Would that sound fair? Or can anyone think of a better way, or more fun way?

Thanks again, btw

I am sure lots of people would want one, but when it comes down to it, you probably won't see a lot of people who will spend the time to write out a full character background, costume design description, as well as a full character sheet in a post. That is how I would limit the contestants. Only the people who reeeeeeally want one will spend the time to do it.

;)

I think you're underestimating the crowd here. A more apropos way to weed the crowd would be "Chop off you left pinky finger and post a pic online. Most interesting finger gets a free drawing!"

That should limit it to only 20 or so. :D

I think it's a great idea, btw, but I won't be entering since I already got a free drawing earlier. :bounce:

Heh heh. Well, I've only seen 4 people here post in this thread saying they are interested. Not really worth doing unless you have around 20 entries or so... Would have to see more interest before going ahead with this...

It makes for a very wide variety of submissions. :)

;)

If I were proven wrong, and there were a lot of entries however (I will be seriously surprised if this happens)... I would need a way to pare them down but keep the competition fair...

I think maybe I could break up the entries into multiple polls (almost like playoffs). Then consolidate the best 3-5 in each poll into one final poll to determine the final winner. "There can be only one..." Highlander playoffs baby!

Would that sound fair? Or can anyone think of a better way, or more fun way?

I'm down.

Poison, I want to start by saying I think your work rocks and I have a couple of questions.

1. How much is it to commison a piece of art from you?

2. Is your work done completely on the computer and if not what are the chances that if we commison something from you, we can get the original piece when it is done?

Thanks in advance for answering.